Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU SDC Information Literacy Options
Hi all, looking for TESU Information Literacy Options preferably on SDC. I am interested in knowing what the possibilities are.

In your experience, does Criminology CJ104 AOJ-103 substitute for SOC-291? 

Would LIS-102 Information Literacy from Library Science:101 or REL-277 Intro to World Religions from Religion:101 fit?

Do you know of any other possibilities to complete this requirement?
Are you on a catalog that requires the new cornerstone? If so, that will cover this requirement.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
On SDC, I would recommend the library science course. It is one of the shortest courses on that platform. It is not hard. In fact, it is basically review if you've already done English composition courses.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Depends on if you're enrolled under the 2019a catalog or not. If you're not already enrolled, then you're going to have to take SOS-110, the new cornerstone at TESU. If you're under the old catalog and can take your choice of courses, I'd take Study.com's Info Literacy as it's very short.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Btw, just to clarify dfrecore and I are referring to the same course. It's called library science 101: information literacy.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
If you didn't apply (and receive an acceptance letter from TESU) by Dec 31, 2018, you are almost assuredly on the new (2019A) catalog and will, therefore, be forced to take the TESU Information Literacy course (SOS-110) as it is the new required cornerstone course.

If you take a look at your academic evaluation in OSS it will list the cornerstone requirement at the bottom of your General Education requirements, in the GE Electives section. If you're on the 2019A catalog it will say you have to take SOS-110 in that area. If it says TES-100 (old cornerstone) then you're on the 2018-2019 catalog and you have the choice of taking either one (as long as you complete TES-100 by June 30, 2019).

If it turns out that you're on the 2019A catalog you must take SOS-110 to meet the cornerstone requirement but you are not forced to use it to meet your Information Literacy requirement, though that is where it will go by default. So you can still take the SDC course instead if you prefer. The other will just end up as a GE Elective.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Ok now I'm confused. I thought I was under the old catalog but my academic evaluation says 2019. I was admitted in September 2018. My evaluation shows that TES-100 is required which I completed in the DEC 2018 term. The term just ended but my unofficial transcript and academic evaluation don't reflect that I have completed it. The academic evaluation still says "Pending completion of unfinished activity".  

Assuming I don't have to also take SOS-110, I am looking for options for the Information Literacy but don't want to pay TESU pricing for things like Criminology or Experimental Psychology. The only options I really found were at SDC World Religions and Criminology but I am not sure that these would complete the Information Literacy requirement. 

It is good to know that study's Information Literacy course is quick and should apply but I was kinda hoping for more interesting topics.
(02-26-2019, 10:35 PM)hallk33 Wrote: Ok now I'm confused. I thought I was under the old catalog but my academic evaluation says 2019. I was admitted in September 2018. My evaluation shows that TES-100 is required which I completed in the DEC 2018 term. The term just ended but my unofficial transcript and academic evaluation don't reflect that I have completed it. The academic evaluation still says "Pending completion of unfinished activity".  

Assuming I don't have to also take SOS-110, I am looking for options for the Information Literacy but don't want to pay TESU pricing for things like Criminology or Experimental Psychology. The only options I really found were at SDC World Religions and Criminology but I am not sure that these would complete the Information Literacy requirement. 

It is good to know that study's Information Literacy course is quick and should apply but I was kinda hoping for more interesting topics.

One class that I found interesting that meets this requirement is Study.com's Research Methods in Psychology.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-26-2019, 10:35 PM)hallk33 Wrote: Ok now I'm confused. I thought I was under the old catalog but my academic evaluation says 2019. I was admitted in September 2018. My evaluation shows that TES-100 is required which I completed in the DEC 2018 term. The term just ended but my unofficial transcript and academic evaluation don't reflect that I have completed it. The academic evaluation still says "Pending completion of unfinished activity".  

You don't have to pay TESU a dime until you need to take the capstone and graduate.

If you were admitted in 9/18 and already took TES-100, then you should be fine.  That leaves the Info Lit requirement open, and yes, Study.com's course will work there (along with several others of their courses).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You don't have to pay TESU a dime until you need to take the capstone and graduate.

If you were admitted in 9/18 and already took TES-100, then you should be fine.  That leaves the Info Lit requirement open, and yes, Study.com's course will work there (along with several others of their courses).
[/quote]

I know I don't need to pay TESU beyond the capstone which is why I am looking for alternative courses from SDC and other providers for the Information Literacy requirement.
Could you expand on other SDC options which would complete this requirement?

One class that I found interesting that meets this requirement is Study.com's Research Methods in Psychology.
[/quote]

That does look more interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 497 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 444 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,216 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 367 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27