Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Spreadsheet for Accounting
Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone has made or knows of a TESU spreadsheet in accounting, like the Finance one I put in the attachment.

I assume it cost around the same as Finance, and the classes are similiar, but some things are different and I would really like to get my hands on a decent spreadsheet that I can cross off my classes as I take them in order. Big Grin

Hopefully someone has one!!!!! Thanks!

Attached Files
.png   k.png (Size: 177.04 KB / Downloads: 68)
[-] The following 1 user Likes FishNDip's post:
  • mikecom
I started one a couple of weeks ago but didn't quite finish. I used as a template the General Management BSBA Excel file that was prepared by someone on this forum. I'll try to get my file completed this week and post it.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)
Your spreadsheet is mine, and here is the one for accounting.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BSBA2 ACC.pdf (Size: 77.7 KB / Downloads: 116)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For Accounting, I recommend taking everything from Study.com and the TECEP as per dfrecore's plan
ACC-201 REQUIRED - Intermediate Accounting I (SL's Financial Accounting) 3 SL/Study.com $59/$70
ACC-202 REQUIRED - Intermediate Accounting II 3 Study.com $70
ACC-303 Cost Accounting (SL's Managerial Accounting) UL 3 SL/Study.com $59/$70
ACC-301 Applied Managerial Accounting UL 3 Study.com $70
ACC-401 Advanced Accounting UL 3 Study.com $70
ACC-421 Federal Income Taxation UL 3 TECEP $225
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-11-2019, 07:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Your spreadsheet is mine, and here is the one for accounting.

Thank you friend! I shall study hard and cross out each class.  Big Grin  Couple questions about your spreadsheet.

1. What exactly is TECEP? I looked it up, and TESU offers it as knowlegde you already know classes. Sounds like a CLEP, but hosted by TESU online?

2. What exactly is the 3rd spreadsheet saying with the ADDITIONAL UL COURSES BEYOND THE CORE AND AOS REQUIREMENTS?
What's with that? Why would someone want to do more courses than their degree required?

3. When you guys say use CLEP and TECEP for AREA OF STUDY: ACCOUNTING (18 units), That's cause CLEP and DSST don't offer it right?

4. Is Business Capstone really $1,125? Why is that 11x the price of everything else? And if I fail it, do I have to pay $1,125 again?
(02-12-2019, 01:29 PM)FishNDip Wrote: 1. What exactly is TECEP? I looked it up, and TESU offers it as knowlegde you already know classes. Sounds like a CLEP, but hosted by TESU online?

2. What exactly is the 3rd spreadsheet saying with the ADDITIONAL UL COURSES BEYOND THE CORE AND AOS REQUIREMENTS?
What's with that? Why would someone want to do more courses than their degree required?

3. When you guys say use CLEP and TECEP for AREA OF STUDY: ACCOUNTING (18 units), That's cause CLEP and DSST don't offer it right?

4. Is Business Capstone really $1,125? Why is that 11x the price of everything else? And if I fail it, do I have to pay $1,125 again?

First, this spreadsheet is a couple of years old, so there are additional options beyond what I have on there.  Make sure you update the info.

1. Yes, TECEP's are TESU's version of a CLEP exam - a test-out option.  The prices have changed since my spreadsheet was created, and it's now $225 for an UL TECEP.

2. Since this is a pdf, it doesn't show the tab names for the different pages.  2nd page is BSBA in Accounting CPA, and 3rd page is BSBA Accounting CPA Florida.  Can't remember why I made those, but I obviously left them on there.  Just ignore them.

3.  There are no CLEP or DSST exams for Accounting AOS

4. Yes, the capstone is $1125, it's because it's an actual online course at TESU.  Same with the new Cornerstone course that's required.  And yes, if you fail a course, you have to retake it.  You can't get your degree without passing those (I'd say it's the same at EVERY school BTW, not just TESU).

The other things on the spreadsheet are alternative credit, meaning inexpensive (relatively) and not a college course.  So most are around $100.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Another question, So I've done the Ethics course from the institute, how do I get credit from them for a transcript?

Also, say if I took a Spanish course for 9 credits, that would fill up three slots of 3 credits on the spreadsheet right? And if I have to many credits I can put it in free electives, or general education electives, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,255 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,068 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BA Accounting Planning - Help to get an H1B flamewerks 5 777 01-08-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: flamewerks
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 555 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 545 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei