Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Transfer Policy - Explained
(02-18-2021, 07:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:58 AM)Zardoz Wrote: I'm pretty sure this question has already been answered somewhere, but could someone kindly confirm that TECEP and UExcel credits count towards the RA requirement?

Also, CSU Global exams would count towards RA credit. It's recently been confirmed that you can take them as a non-degree seeking CSU Global student. You do have to go through the application process and they do cost a bit more than some TECEPs but they also have some exams that are attractive for certain degrees.

Why would CSU Global exams count as RA credit? 
(02-18-2021, 03:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:58 AM)Zardoz Wrote: I'm pretty sure this question has already been answered somewhere, but could someone kindly confirm that TECEP and UExcel credits count towards the RA requirement?

Also, CSU Global exams would count towards RA credit. It's recently been confirmed that you can take them as a non-degree seeking CSU Global student. You do have to go through the application process and they do cost a bit more than some TECEPs but they also have some exams that are attractive for certain degrees.

Why would CSU Global exams count as RA credit? 

Because CSU Global is an RA institution, just the same as TESU and Excelsior.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-18-2021, 03:51 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 03:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Why would CSU Global exams count as RA credit? 

So these types of exams are always considered RA credit?
(02-18-2021, 03:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 03:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Why would CSU Global exams count as RA credit? 

It might be different for COSC but TESU is specifically limiting ACE/NCCRS (non-collegiate) sources, not requiring RA credits. CSU Global is NOT ACE or NCCRS, and is collegiate, thus it does not count towards the 90-credit limit.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/faqs-transfer-credit
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Thank you for the information. So in other words TEL Learning sends the course completion to one of these universities and then i'm able to transfer it over to TESU. That was the part I was missing since I didnt directly see TESU under their partners section.

Im' trying to get my self organized now to see which credits i'll take with sophia and which i'll go through another source.
(02-18-2021, 02:43 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 02:07 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Thank you for the information. So these classes from TE Learning and Olivet Nazarene University  would count towards the RL requirements?

Yes, TEL Learning courses are transcripted on a college/university transcript. But don't pick one at random; check the wiki first: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEL_Learning

Olivet is a RA university, so any credits from them would also be RA.
(02-18-2021, 05:17 PM)thepoetvd776 Wrote: Thank you for the information. So in other words TEL Learning sends the course completion to one of these universities and then i'm able to transfer it over to TESU. That was the part I was missing since I didnt directly see TESU under their partners section.

Im' trying to get my self organized now to see which credits i'll take with sophia and which i'll go through another source.

The partners are who you take the class with. If you choose Mid-America Christian University, for instance, you will use the MACU platform to study the materials and submit the assignments. Whether that's Blackboard, Canvas, or something else, I don't know.

From a student's perspective, TEL Learning is a vendor that sells cheap university classes. Think of it like going on Groupon and buying a voucher for a specific service. You would then redeem the voucher with the service provider to get the service you paid for. It's not a perfect analogy, because it's more complicated than that, but that is essentially how it works.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(02-18-2021, 04:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

It might be different for COSC but TESU is specifically limiting ACE/NCCRS (non-collegiate) sources, not requiring RA credits. CSU Global is NOT ACE or NCCRS, and is collegiate, thus it does not count towards the 90-credit limit.

Just seems odd that an exam would be considered RA credit since you didn't actually take a course. I know what CSU is. I attended there. The exams aren't courses though that's why I wonder why they're considered RA credit. 
(02-18-2021, 05:58 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 04:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Just seems odd that an exam would be considered RA credit since you didn't actually take a course. I know what CSU is. I attended there. The exams aren't courses though that's why I wonder why they're considered RA credit. 

What matters is the issuer of the credit. TESU doesn't really care HOW the credit was earned. As long as you can sufficiently prove to  TESU that the credit was issued by a properly accredited institution, TESU should take it as RA. As I found in my ongoing battle to transfer out Strayer challenge exam credits, TESU is open to accepting credit by exam transfers and will even consider alternate documentation if it's listed weird on the transcript.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-18-2021, 06:08 PM)jch Wrote: What matters is the issuer of the credit. TESU doesn't really care HOW the credit was earned. As long as you can sufficiently prove to  TESU that the credit was issued by a properly accredited institution, TESU should take it as RA. As I found in my ongoing battle to transfer out Strayer challenge exam credits, TESU is open to accepting credit by exam transfers and will even consider alternate documentation if it's listed weird on the transcript.

Did you ever get anywhere with the Strayer exams?
(02-18-2021, 06:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 06:08 PM)jch Wrote: What matters is the issuer of the credit. TESU doesn't really care HOW the credit was earned. As long as you can sufficiently prove to  TESU that the credit was issued by a properly accredited institution, TESU should take it as RA. As I found in my ongoing battle to transfer out Strayer challenge exam credits, TESU is open to accepting credit by exam transfers and will even consider alternate documentation if it's listed weird on the transcript.

Did you ever get anywhere with the Strayer exams?

Still waiting on Strayer to reply. They have not responded to any of my challenge exam related inquiries. I know the contacts and inboxes I'm reaching out to are active, because they do respond or take action on other things. However, anything related to challenge exams seems to end up in a black hole with them. It's very strange.

I may try to attempt some of the CSU global assessments later this year. They have many things that are relevant to me.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 776 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 170 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 237 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,585 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch