Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU dialed in plan
If TESU already has them on your eval, they may leave them that way. If that's the case, I would enroll now, and get moving on the capstone and the rest of your coursework. You don't want to let time lapse and lose your eval.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • coldseal
(11-18-2018, 06:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If TESU already has them on your eval, they may leave them that way.  If that's the case, I would enroll now, and get moving on the capstone and the rest of your coursework.  You don't want to let time lapse and lose your eval.

Thank you, I believe I have made the correct changes to my plan. Attached is the updated file. Also, just noticed the Microbiology course I had is not actually a 300+ level course, must have been a mistake on my part.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BALS PROGRESS.xlsx (Size: 45.97 KB / Downloads: 5)
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-18-2018, 07:30 PM)coldseal Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 06:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If TESU already has them on your eval, they may leave them that way.  If that's the case, I would enroll now, and get moving on the capstone and the rest of your coursework.  You don't want to let time lapse and lose your eval.

Thank you, I believe I have made the correct changes to my plan. Attached is the updated file.

One quick comment. You have like 26 courses listed as Straighterline, plus 8 more listed as SL/Study.com or Saylor/SL/Study.com. Keep in mind that you can only bring 90 credits (~30 courses) into the degree from any single provider. Personally, I don't think I could put up with SL for that many courses, but just keep that limit in mind if you want to use SL for any of the 8 you haven't identified a specific provider for yet.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(11-18-2018, 07:43 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Thank you, I believe I have made the correct changes to my plan. Attached is the updated file.

One quick comment. You have like 26 courses listed as Straighterline, plus 8 more listed as SL/Study.com or Saylor/SL/Study.com. Keep in mind that you can only bring 90 credits (~30 courses) into the degree from any single provider. Personally, I don't think I could put up with SL for that many courses, but just keep that limit in mind if you want to use SL for any of the 8 you haven't identified a specific provider for yet.

Thanks, I am aware of the 90 credit limit, I do actually enjoy the SL format, so I am taking as much as I can through them. And I just noticed the Microbiology course I had listed from them is not a 300+ level course, but actually BIO-251. I plan on taking my UL courses through SDC, as I am not sure where else offers much UL courses. I don't believe SL does?
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-18-2018, 08:02 PM)coldseal Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 07:43 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Thanks, I am aware of the 90 credit limit, I do actually enjoy the SL format, so I am taking as much as I can through them. And I just noticed the Microbiology course I had listed from them is not a 300+ level course, but actually BIO-251. I plan on taking my UL courses through SDC, as I am not sure where else offers much UL courses. I don't believe SL does?

After completing 6 courses with SL, I found it much more efficient (and faster) to get the rest through Study.com. It just took too long to read through those textbooks and I wasn't willing to look everything up as I went along. It was taking me 2-3 weeks to get through each SL course and 1-2 weeks to do so via SDC. And I felt I was retaining more from SDC as well. But everyone has their own learning style. Smile

The only SL course recommended for UL credit is Accounting 150 (Managerial Accounting).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
StraighterLine only has 1 UL course now that will transfer to TESU, it's an accounting course, the rest have been downgraded to LL such as their Biz Comm, MicroBio, and Org Behavior. Hmm, interesting that they modified the Pharmacology course to a BIO 203. It used to be "developmental/vocational" and not for transfer credit, I guess they now "follow ACE's recommendation completely".

I was just wondering, are you going for a BALS or a BSBA or both? Are you going for one degree or two? You have a few courses that are in the electives area which are basically business courses. Do you have a budget/timeline you would like to get this degree wrapped up? I also like the idea you're using Study.com for the UL requirements. SL for LL/Study.com for the UL is my combo!

If you want to review the info within the Beginners Guide, on post 27/28, it has a template exclusively using SL/Study.com to get both the BSBA/BALS. However, it's not updated, all the UL has to come from Study.com now and there are so many choices to get you a BSBA GM/BALS no concentration.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • coldseal
(11-18-2018, 08:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: StraighterLine only has 1 UL course now that will transfer to TESU, it's an accounting course, the rest have been downgraded to LL such as their Biz Comm, MicroBio, and Org Behavior.  Hmm, interesting that they modified the Pharmacology course to a BIO 203.  It used to be "developmental/vocational" and not for transfer credit, I guess they now "follow ACE's recommendation completely".  

I was just wondering, are you going for a BALS or a BSBA or both?  Are you going for one degree or two?  You have a few courses that are in the electives area which are basically business courses.  Do you have a budget/timeline you would like to get this degree wrapped up?  I also like the idea you're using Study.com for the UL requirements.  SL for LL/Study.com for the UL is my combo!

If you want to review the info within the Beginners Guide, on post 27/28, it has a template exclusively using SL/Study.com to get both the BSBA/BALS.  However, it's not updated, all the UL has to come from Study.com now and there are so many choices to get you a BSBA GM/BALS no concentration.

I am going for BALS. The reason for the business like courses in my plan is because I wanted to utilize SL for my credits, and I am also currently self employed and enjoy business knowledge. As for my budget/timeline, ideally I would like to do it as affordable as possible, but I would also like to have the degree done within a year.

I was unable to find the template you are talking about, but I did find your "My degree plan!" file. And the example plans on the new wiki page.
TESU - BALS 114/120
Just signed up and paid for my Capstone class, I missed the December deadline, so I got in for the January 2019 course. I am thinking I should also register for the Capstone as well seeing that the deadline is coming up for the January term.
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-18-2018, 06:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: 5) Some of the courses have old equivalencies that won't count that way any longer, I don't think.  TEEX, Sophia for sure.

Can I ask what equivalencies have changed with Sophia that you know of? I have a degree plan that you put together for someone else for TESU's BSBA-CIS. I later plan on getting a BSBA-CIS as well after my ASBA. In the plan you have Sophia's "Essentials of Managing Conflict" in the Gen Ed Electives and not the Free Electives. You have Sophia's "Developing Effective Teams" in the Free Electives. 

Now both of Sophia's 2 Free Classes would all map to Free Electives? TEEX will still end up in the Free Electives as well? Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(11-21-2018, 09:29 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 06:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: 5) Some of the courses have old equivalencies that won't count that way any longer, I don't think.  TEEX, Sophia for sure.

Can I ask what equivalencies have changed with Sophia that you know of? I have a degree plan that you put together for someone else for TESU's BSBA-CIS. I later plan on getting a BSBA-CIS as well after my ASBA. In the plan you have Sophia's "Essentials of Managing Conflict" in the Gen Ed Electives and not the Free Electives. You have Sophia's "Developing Effective Teams" in the Free Electives. 

Now both of Sophia's 2 Free Classes would all map to Free Electives? TEEX will still end up in the Free Electives as well? Thanks.

No, what dfrecore is referring to is that the TEEX and Sophia courses all have lower-level equivalencies now. The plan the OP uploaded listed the courses with their old upper-level equivalencies which are no longer valid.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 588 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 194 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 186 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 385 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 484 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM