Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU dialed in plan
(11-29-2018, 03:25 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: What instructor do you have for the January capstone? I was thinking of doing it then as well.

I have not been able to sign up for it yet, as I have to take English comp 1 and 2 first. Hoping I can complete them in time to register before Dec 15th. (last date to register for January capstone) unless you pay extra to register from Dec 16-31.
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-29-2018, 03:30 PM)coldseal Wrote: I have not been able to sign up for it yet, as I have to take English comp 1 and 2 first. Hoping I can complete them in time to register before Dec 15th. (last date to register for January capstone) unless you pay extra to register from Dec 16-31.
You can go ahead and register by Dec 15 anyway, then you'll have until term start to withdraw with a full refund if you can't finish English. I know that after Jan 1, they are requiring English before letting you register, but I think that for now, the system would still let you.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-30-2018, 11:46 AM)davewill Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 03:30 PM)coldseal Wrote: I have not been able to sign up for it yet, as I have to take English comp 1 and 2 first. Hoping I can complete them in time to register before Dec 15th. (last date to register for January capstone) unless you pay extra to register from Dec 16-31.
You can go ahead and register by Dec 15 anyway, then you'll have until term start to withdraw with a full refund if you can't finish English. I know that after Jan 1, they are requiring English before letting you register, but I think that for now, the system would still let you.

On my last evaluation (4 days ago) I was told that I need to have most of my AOS courses, 99 credits, and my English courses complete to lift the hold off of the Capstone course, maybe with a little extra pushing on my end would have gotten them to lift it already, or maybe another adviser would have a different response, but either way, I plan on taking them as I probably should to better my writing skills for the Capstone anyways. But I will try to sign up ASAP.
TESU - BALS 114/120
Its time to select my UL courses. So far I have picked these courses through SDC

Advanced Technical Writing
Organizational Communication
Industrial/Organizational Psychology
History and Systems of Psychology

I was looking at some of the CIS courses as well. Does anyone have recommendations for easy/smaller assignment UL courses?
TESU - BALS 114/120
(01-18-2019, 08:44 PM)coldseal Wrote: Its time to select my UL courses. So far I have picked these courses through SDC

I was looking at some of the CIS courses as well. Does anyone have recommendations for easy/smaller assignment UL courses?

Unrelated, but useful (I think): as you finish courses at Study.com, when you pull up other courses to check out, you may see that some chunks are already completed due to overlap between courses.

For example, if you take College Math, then College Algebra will have a large part already done (more than 50%).  If you do both Vietnam War courses, there is a large amount of overlap as well.  So pull up courses and check them out if they sound like they might have some overlap with something you've already taken.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-19-2019, 01:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 08:44 PM)coldseal Wrote: Its time to select my UL courses. So far I have picked these courses through SDC

Unrelated, but useful (I think): as you finish courses at Study.com, when you pull up other courses to check out, you may see that some chunks are already completed due to overlap between courses.

For example, if you take College Math, then College Algebra will have a large part already done (more than 50%).  If you do both Vietnam War courses, there is a large amount of overlap as well.  So pull up courses and check them out if they sound like they might have some overlap with something you've already taken.

Thanks, the only courses I have taken from SDC so far are Eng 101/102, and Presentation Skills in the Workplace
TESU - BALS 114/120

As far as I know, there are currently only five UL courses at SDC that will fit into the CIS AOS:
  • Business 303 (Management Information Systems)
  • Business 309 (Digital Marketing & Advertising)
  • CS 302 (Systems Analysis & Design)
  • CS 303 (Database Management)
  • CS 306 (Computer Architecture)
Of those, only CS 303 (Database Management) would probably fit your expectations. It's not easy, per se but only has a single final project which can be completed in a few hours or less if you've paid attention to the material at all.

The rest either have multiple papers/projects or are just painful to complete.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I took org comm, effects of Vietnam war, leadership comm, sociology of work, juvenile justice system.

Did not find any of the courses to be particularly difficult, but some were longer than others and having to complete the assignments was a drag.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
coldseal Wrote:Thanks, the only courses I have taken from SDC so far are Eng 101/102, and Presentation Skills in the Workplace

You're missing a quick course from them and if you still have membership going, it's just $70 for the Library Science 101.
Basically, that'll transfer into your required Information Literacy area requirement for the General Education section.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-19-2019, 02:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
coldseal Wrote:Thanks, the only courses I have taken from SDC so far are Eng 101/102, and Presentation Skills in the Workplace

You're missing a quick course from them and if you still have membership going, it's just $70 for the Library Science 101.
Basically, that'll transfer into your required Information Literacy area requirement for the General Education section.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I have already completed all courses except my UL and Capstone.
TESU - BALS 114/120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 65 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 54 8 hours ago
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 114 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 620 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 242 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 246 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 202 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 369 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,089 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB