Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the study process for earning a BA
Sorry to bother you all, there are a lot of threads here, but I don't know where to start, so I'm starting a new one.
 I want to finish a bachelor degree now, one of the most talked about schools at the moment, how should I go about doing it. The first step is to look for the program on the school website and then find the course. 
The second step is to study on Sophia and other websites to get the credits, 
and the third step is to communicate with the school to transfer the credits. 
The fourth step is to complete the remaining non-transferable credits. Is that so?

I am 27 years old now in Asia and want to get a computer related BS.
I have not received any credits yet.
I have an undergraduate degree in materials science in 2018, but I want to do computer related work later, so I plan to start over...
@uuin, 兄弟, You really want to follow the template I mentioned to you previously here: New to DegreeForum? How this Area works!  You have the top area completed, but you have to provide us more details from the last post.  I'll copy/paste the info into this post, please update it with your details, I don't think "starting over" is the route to go, it's best to transfer all your credits in and complete the "major" at TESU.  I would rather get a second major completed instead of starting other courses that you're not interested in for "general education and free electives", it's a waste of your time learning things you're not interested in!

Budget: I have a max of $10K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse and my pets. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 3 hours every week night and on the weekends, maybe 6 hours, total would be roughly 15+12=27 hours or slightly more.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 1-1.5 years (12-18 months)
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Yes, my workplace partners with ABC XYZ university, I get free tuition for undergrad and half off for grad studies!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 350 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 489 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 1,015 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,652 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Area of Study Course Appeal resistk 13 977 10-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,473 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,358 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Good study advice for my TECEPS? kowenboy 3 434 09-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  TESU Computer science process question emmaya 45 3,751 07-02-2023, 10:38 PM
Last Post: emmaya
  Update: Study.com TESU Transfer Equivalencies bjcheung77 12 1,618 05-16-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP