Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU no longer accepting SDC Cybersecurity
Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)! I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

Email from yesterday January 30, 2020:

It has been decided by Thomas Edison State University that we are not accepting Cybersecurity courses from study.com. I identified that you had one of these courses on your record and it has been removed. However, it was not being used toward your degree credits as it isn’t needed so it did not affect your evaluation. Before taking additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area, please check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure it will be appropriate. We are pleased to see you are so close to earning your degree and wish you well in finishing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Updated email today January 31 (just an hour ago!):

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted. Best wishes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BrighterFuture88, Nixi
(01-31-2020, 01:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)!  I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

It has been decided by Thomas Edison State University that we are not accepting Cybersecurity courses from study.com. I identified that you had one of these courses on your record and it has been removed. However, it was not being used toward your degree credits as it isn’t needed so it did not affect your evaluation. Before taking additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area, please check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure it will be appropriate. We are pleased to see you are so close to earning your degree and wish you well in finishing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted.  Best wishes.

This is amazing news!
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(01-31-2020, 01:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)!  I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted.  Best wishes.

Nice! scout2family, did you and others have the credits for that added back as well?
(01-31-2020, 03:12 PM)Nixi Wrote:

Nice! scout2family, did you and others have the credits for that added back as well?
Yup! Added it back on and apologized. Phew!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes scout2family's post:
  • Nixi
Very glad to hear they reverted it
I'm glad that TESU has included credit for this course for those who've already taken it.

However, it still leaves me concerned for the future transfer of SDC computer courses to TESU or - even worse - SDC courses in general.

Hopefully, both parties will communicate to resolve this issue before it spirals to that level.
(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:
DSST - Fundamentals of Cybersecurity comes in as CIS-344
TECEP - Network Technology comes in as CMP-354

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Also off topic but the substance abuse dsst comes in as LL now as well.

What does LL mean?
(01-31-2020, 08:03 PM)yomama847 Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:
DSST - Fundamentals of Cybersecurity comes in as CIS-344
TECEP - Network Technology comes in as CMP-354

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Also off topic but the substance abuse dsst comes in as LL now as well.

What does LL mean?
Lower-Level
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
My credit has also been restored. Still very unnerving.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • Nixi
any updates for future takers? BA Comp science cannot be tested out any longer with sdc?
TESU - BA CS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy