Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU no longer accepting SDC Cybersecurity
Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)! I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

Email from yesterday January 30, 2020:

It has been decided by Thomas Edison State University that we are not accepting Cybersecurity courses from study.com. I identified that you had one of these courses on your record and it has been removed. However, it was not being used toward your degree credits as it isn’t needed so it did not affect your evaluation. Before taking additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area, please check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure it will be appropriate. We are pleased to see you are so close to earning your degree and wish you well in finishing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Updated email today January 31 (just an hour ago!):

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted. Best wishes.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • BrighterFuture88, Nixi
(01-31-2020, 01:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)!  I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

It has been decided by Thomas Edison State University that we are not accepting Cybersecurity courses from study.com. I identified that you had one of these courses on your record and it has been removed. However, it was not being used toward your degree credits as it isn’t needed so it did not affect your evaluation. Before taking additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area, please check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure it will be appropriate. We are pleased to see you are so close to earning your degree and wish you well in finishing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted.  Best wishes.

This is amazing news!
Current Goal: Working on final courses before starting SOS110 and Capstone — BALS in Social Science (TESU — 114/120)
Future Goal: MBA in IT Management or MBA in Mass Communications

Current Course(s):  Capstone and SOS-110 (Beginning March 30th)

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21)
(01-31-2020, 01:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Woo Hoo!! Amazing what an email can do, I hope you all get your CyberSecurity from Study.com back... I got it approved for my degree as it was already on my degree BEFORE they made the changes (if any)!  I think they're going to give everyone back their "credits" from the Cybersecurity courses from Study.com - Hip Hip Hooray!

I am writing to correct the email I sent yesterday, below. I have added the course back in to your record and your evaluation. I apologize for mistakenly removing it. Please do check with Thomas Edison State University academic advisors to make sure any additional study.com courses in the computer/cybersecurity area you may wish to take will be appropriate and accepted.  Best wishes.

Nice! scout2family, did you and others have the credits for that added back as well?
(01-31-2020, 03:12 PM)Nixi Wrote:

Nice! scout2family, did you and others have the credits for that added back as well?
Yup! Added it back on and apologized. Phew!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program @WGU?
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 cr. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes scout2family's post:
  • Nixi
Very glad to hear they reverted it
I'm glad that TESU has included credit for this course for those who've already taken it.

However, it still leaves me concerned for the future transfer of SDC computer courses to TESU or - even worse - SDC courses in general.

Hopefully, both parties will communicate to resolve this issue before it spirals to that level.
(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:
DSST - Fundamentals of Cybersecurity comes in as CIS-344
TECEP - Network Technology comes in as CMP-354

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Also off topic but the substance abuse dsst comes in as LL now as well.

What does LL mean?
(01-31-2020, 08:03 PM)yomama847 Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:
DSST - Fundamentals of Cybersecurity comes in as CIS-344
TECEP - Network Technology comes in as CMP-354

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Also off topic but the substance abuse dsst comes in as LL now as well.

What does LL mean?
Lower-Level
Current Goal: Working on final courses before starting SOS110 and Capstone — BALS in Social Science (TESU — 114/120)
Future Goal: MBA in IT Management or MBA in Mass Communications

Current Course(s):  Capstone and SOS-110 (Beginning March 30th)

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21)
My credit has also been restored. Still very unnerving.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • Nixi
any updates for future takers? BA Comp science cannot be tested out any longer with sdc?
Goal: TESU AS Business Admin, TESU BA Comp Sci
B&M: Biology, Am Govt, Psych, World Hist I, II, Business Comm, Inter. Com, Python, Java, Intro Programming, Marketing, Web Design, Data Structures, Networking
ALEKS: Int Algebra, College Algebra, Stats
TEEX, Institutes, NFA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS no concentration - Criminal Law? mariorun 2 64 5 hours ago
Last Post: darthweezy
  BA English at TESU hlg38 7 126 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU financial aid question maxxor6868 2 68 11 hours ago
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Locking in a degree plan at TESU? jacobvanhelden 10 416 Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU BA Psychology Mitmike2019 19 714 04-06-2020, 02:49 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Guided Study - TESU Capstone bsimi 5 227 04-06-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Experience with grad school after TESU jonesy20 8 301 04-06-2020, 09:27 AM
Last Post: jonesy20
  Temporary TESU Tuition Discount jsd 11 669 04-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  TESU Dual Degrees Input needed hallk33 10 883 04-03-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: amaquiling
  Question regarding graduation from TESU with a AS and a BS Not_a_robot_101 5 182 04-01-2020, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Not_a_robot_101