Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking the Biology CLEP on 11/15/10
Hi I am new to this site and am taking the Biology CLEP on the 15th of this month to try and by pass Biology 103 and head straight into Anatomy as I am trying to get accepted to Dental School next Fall. I have the REA Biology Book, I've ordered the "Core Biology" videos from Netflix, and of coarse I have the subscription to Instantcert. Is there anything else I need? I absolutely LOATHE Biology but am trying to keep an open mind about it. My school will accept a score of 50 or better so that helps a little bit. But I wonder how many questions out of 115 do you have to answer correctly in order to score a 50?

Moved From Feedback Section
I am getting ready to take this test soon as well. I know it seems pretty scary:eek: I am a little nervous too.

Anyway, I am using the REA Biology, IC flashcards, Standard Deviants video from the library, and some of the links listed in the Exam feedback section. (Definately read this if you haven't already). Last year as a freshman in highschool, I took Apologia biology which I think is close to a college level course.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck on your test.
Horsemaniac
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
nikkimac1 Wrote:Hi I am new to this site and am taking the Biology CLEP on the 15th of this month to try and by pass Biology 103 and head straight into Anatomy as I am trying to get accepted to Dental School next Fall. I have the REA Biology Book, I've ordered the "Core Biology" videos from Netflix, and of coarse I have the subscription to Instantcert. Is there anything else I need? I absolutely LOATHE Biology but am trying to keep an open mind about it. My school will accept a score of 50 or better so that helps a little bit. But I wonder how many questions out of 115 do you have to answer correctly in order to score a 50?

Moved From Feedback Section

No one knows the number of questions for that exam /50 to pass- it's not public info. I'd strongly suggest aiming for>60%

You have excellent resources. I'll add one freebie for you- google Khan Academy. They are free vids broken down into 10 min topics by a brilliant man who has a gift! He makes the complected seem simple. I used his biology videos for several subjects in biology and chemistry.

Good luck!
You already have a lot of great resources to use in a short amount of time.

I would also recommend the Peterson's practice tests to take or read. They are difficult, especially #3, but have relevant information.

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ement.html
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
cookderosa Wrote:No one knows the number of questions for that exam /50 to pass- it's not public info. I'd strongly suggest aiming for>60%

You have excellent resources. I'll add one freebie for you- google Khan Academy. They are free vids broken down into 10 min topics by a brilliant man who has a gift! He makes the complected seem simple. I used his biology videos for several subjects in biology and chemistry.

Good luck!

Khan Academy videos are definitely great. Also check out NROC videos... National Repository of Online Courses (NROC)
I'd also recommend taking practice exams frequently, which is what always helped me to prepare.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,853 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 855 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 628 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,325 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  An Investigation Finds That Millions of Students Are Taking on Dangerous BNPL Debt LevelUP 4 838 03-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,647 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,284 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,642 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az