Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teens Graduating Early ... What will you do next?
Several members on this board are either facilitating parents or High school students who will be in the incredibly fortunate position of graduating with a BA before the age of 20 with little or no debt.

With no bills beckoning at their heals, the traditional need to get a full-time paying job is not an assumed nor necessary path for these kids (yes, I would still call them kids).

Students and Parents alike: What options are you considering? It would be great to hear ideas, dreams, thoughts or actual pursuits this generation is considering. No idea is too small nor too off-the-wall.
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
I would love to graduate right before I turn 20 (little over a year away), and after that, begin life with a solid job and no debt to immediately begin building financial security. I anticipate so much more freedom and confidence to pursue opportunities without the burden of 50-100k of debt from the "GO" square. I would love to build assets and create a cash flow before I'm 30, to continue that financial freedom. With that, I can invest so much more into the lives of others, both with time and resources, than being focused on keeping my head above water.

Looking to become something along the lines of a communications director, non-profit executive director, PR, that area..

Of course, these are all my human plans. As the quote goes, "Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans for the future..." --so I say everything with a grain of salt. It's not our job to go forward blindly, but to go forward with a plan, and yet complete flexibility and openness to the bigger plan
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
[Shakespeare]

I'm shooting for a BA in Communications through TESC. Sitting at 81 credits, I hope to be finished by summer 2011. Please message me for input or questions :] I'm open to help- both giving and receiving!
Exams: College Mathematics - A&I Lit - English Comp w/ Essay - U.S. History I - Macroeconomics - Microeconomics - Sociology - Intro to Computing - Technical Writing - Psychology - Educational Psychology - English Literature - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Natural Sciences - Principles of Supervision - Personal Finance - Substance Abuse - Human Growth & Development - Public Speaking
On Board: American Gov - U.S. History II - American Lit
cframe Wrote:Several members on this board are either facilitating parents or High school students who will be in the incredibly fortunate position of graduating with a BA before the age of 20 with little or no debt.

With no bills beckoning at their heals, the traditional need to get a full-time paying job is not an assumed nor necessary path for these kids (yes, I would still call them kids).

Students and Parents alike: What options are you considering? It would be great to hear ideas, dreams, thoughts or actual pursuits this generation is considering. No idea is too small nor too off-the-wall.
>>

My son would like to get his EMT Paramedic and his BS in fire science, so while he could still change his mind, I think that he would work/volunteer until he was a bit older. If he stays his course, the above would be completed just before his 21st b-day. We also talked a bit about serving in the military...lot's of options.
I went ahead and got a full time job! After 18 years of hitting the books, I wanted to test myself and start earning a steady income. I can save a lot of money right now because my cost of living is still quite low (living with family). Plus, if I want a master's most programs in my area require 3-4 years of work experience. I am exploring some things in the political realm and have a couple of side businesses just to fill time!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Anyone look into Gap Year Options? Options are volunteering, living abroad, language immersion, teaching, etc. Seems to be a fairly popular way to spend some time. There are way too many sites to list from a google search, but something like this Gap Year Options | PlanetGapYear.com
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
[SIZE="3"]Teens Graduating Early ... What will you do next? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Age: - - Life Task[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Navy"]20-23: Get a Job $ and Experience
23-26: Start a family (Marriage-House-Baby in that order)
26-28: Graduate Degree
28-29: Get a bigger/better job $$$
29---: $ave - Inve$t
30-35: Get BIGGE$T Job $$$$$$
35---: Increa$e $ave - Inve$t
40-45: Begin secondary career path (part-time)
48-50: Have Grandchildren - plan for them to succeed you
50-55: Retire from BIGGE$T Job with a Pen$ion
50-55: Continue secondary career (semi-part/full-time)
55---: $till $ave - Inve$t
53-56: Clear all investment debt - mortgage et al
62-65: Retire from secondary career
65---: Enjoy retirement on Pen$ion and Inve$ted $aving$
70-75: Welcome Great-Grandchildren
88---: Die[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Teens Graduating Early ... What will you do next? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Age: - - Life Task[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Navy"]20-23: Get a Job $ and Experience
23-26: Start a family (Marriage-House-Baby in that order)
26-28: Graduate Degree
28-29: Get a bigger/better job $$$
29---: $ave - Inve$t
30-35: Get BIGGE$T Job $$$$$$
35---: Increa$e $ave - Inve$t
40-45: Begin secondary career path
48-50: Have Grandchildren - plan for them to succeed you
50-55: Retire from BIGGE$T Job with a Pen$ion
50-55: Continue secondary career
55---: $till $ave - Inve$t
53-56: Clear all investment debt - mortgage et al
62-65: Retire from secondary career
65---: Enjoy retirement on Pen$ion and Inve$ted $aving$
88---: Die[/COLOR]

My schedule is all wrong then...is the family and kid part mandatory?:eek:
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
I'll have my dgree soon after I turn 18. What do I want to do? Grow my farm and one day start a family. Big Grin
<3

CollegePlus! Smile

Romans 8:38-39

"The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair"
-RELIANT K
My daughter got her BA at 16. Now she is taking her M.Ed. with teacher certification. It should be done by 18. Then I'll try to help her line up the first teaching position. The first is the hardest!

Sidney
I love the plans you all have. I only wish I had started mine earlier. At 19 & 21 they aren't the young phenoms but I'm still excited that they are getting degrees with no debt.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I Saved $380K By Age 29 To Retire Early LevelUP 21 2,027 05-12-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Student Loans Cancelled for an Entire Graduating Class Jonathan Whatley 9 2,310 05-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  17-year-old to graduate from Harvard days after graduating high school quigongene 0 1,139 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  homeschool teens and parents wanted! cookderosa 1 750 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Graduating tomorrow! TayTay 31 3,560 05-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  Are all of today's teens/20-somethings dealing with entitlement issues? TMW2010 56 7,968 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ryoder