Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu BSBA Operations Management
After a lot of stops and starts I'm forcing myself to get to the home stretch. I have 75 credits on my evaluation, 6 more from SDC pending, and 12 more on my ACE account from Saylor and Sophia.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=913463366

I'm looking to finish Sophia before the Halloween ACE deadline so I don't need to worry about Acclaim transcripts, but the only final credits I'm not certain of are the intro to management/marketing and managerial communications. I expect to take them through SDC but am open to other quick options.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Davar has Intro to Marketing and Managerial Communications. They also have principles of management.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-20-2020, 10:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Davar has Intro to Marketing and Managerial Communications. They also have principles of management.

That's great. It looks like they're NCCRS too so I won't have to deal with Acclaim. Thanks!

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
Flelm, Have you checked your enrolment and if you're still enrolled? Which catalog year are you on?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-20-2020, 11:16 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Flelm, Have you checked your enrolment and if you're still enrolled?  Which catalog year are you on?

Hey, thanks for checking. I'm still enrolled, I did TQM in March 2020 and Managerial accounting TECEP last month. I'm on catalog year 2017 fortunately.

Great, then the only other suggestion not mentioned is that... if you've already got the Sophia.org membership, I wouldn't waste the $25 bucks on Saylor's Business Law, get it from Sophia.org FREE. You're pretty close, just the capstone remains as the largest/slowest part of the journey.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I already did business law through saylor before I realized Sophia had such a massive price change. Live and learn. I completed macro/microeconomics over the past few days so it's only the other 5 at Sophia, 3 from Davar, and then the capstone.

I actually (stupidly) attempted the capstone once before I had all the other courses done and did pretty well before I had to withdraw so I'm hoping I can use a lot of the research I already did. I plan to do that in January after the holidays.

Ok, all done with Sophia. I only have 4 courses left, including the capstone! I've decided to stick with SDC for management and marketing, so that only leaves the core communications requirement.

I attempted Saylor Business 210 mostly cold and got a 60. I may give it one more shot, but if not, will SDC Business 113: Business Communication cover this requirement or do I need to do Business 324? I'd rather do SDC than Davar I've decided since I'm used to the format.

(10-26-2020, 10:50 AM)Flelm Wrote: Ok, all done with Sophia. I only have 4 courses left, including the capstone! I've decided to stick with SDC for management and marketing, so that only leaves the core communications requirement.

I attempted Saylor Business 210 mostly cold and got a 60. I may give it one more shot, but if not, will SDC Business 113: Business Communication cover this requirement or do I need to do Business 324? I'd rather do SDC than Davar I've decided since I'm used to the format.

SDC Business 113: Business Communication will work for the core.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Flelm
If you want to go with SDC, you'd need Business 324: Managerial Communication. Managerial Communication and Business Communication are not the same thing.

Honestly, I would skip another try at Saylor. According to the credit transfer page, the Saylor course is brought in as LL credit (even though it can be used to fill the UL slot) rather than the UL credit at SDC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 175 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,921 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 628 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,253 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP