Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu bsba?
davewill Wrote:It isn't necessary to actually take the TECEP in May, just during the May term which runs into July. Once you're registered for it, you can take time to properly study then schedule the exam.

Thanks.

davewill Wrote:If you're leaving COSC, I don't think you have to register for it as a non-matriculated student. You should be able to enroll normally now. Why were you going to wait until June?

Yeah, I'm not enrolled anywhere now. I thought the enrollment process might take many days, so I was going to register for the TECEP first. I can enroll and immediately register for the TECEP?

I'm also nervous about how quickly I would have to pay what. I know the residency waiver can wait until a couple weeks before they're verifying my graduation requirements. So that's well off in the distance. I mean in terms of... if some clock starts ticking as soon as I enroll. Then maybe I should put that off a couple weeks.

davewill Wrote:I think that the GRE credits will count, but not as "new" credits towards a second degree because you've taken the exam before the first degree is awarded. Only COSC knows for sure, though. The 5 Study.com courses could be your 15 new AOS credits, plus 6 credits for the 2 GenEds, then you need 3 more courses from somewhere.

Darn, I was looking at COSC's site again, and the 15 have to be UL. The study.com courses are all LL. So that means my original plan wasn't workable either. I could still test out, but it would cost more because ECEs and other exams cost more.

But COSC is still easier than TESU in this respect (since TESU's have to all be in the AoS). So it seems better to go to TESU first, for that reason.

Ideas Wrote:Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not enrolled anywhere now. I thought the enrollment process might take many days, so I was going to register for the TECEP first. I can enroll and immediately register for the TECEP?

I'm also nervous about how quickly I would have to pay what. I know the residency waiver can wait until a couple weeks before they're verifying my graduation requirements. So that's well off in the distance. I mean in terms of... if some clock starts ticking as soon as I enroll. Then maybe I should put that off a couple weeks.

It costs $75 to apply, and $114 for the TECEP. As a non-matriculated student, it's around $150 for the TECEP as I recall. Once you're enrolled you have a year to either graduate or take another TECEP (or course) to extend your enrollment. I'm afraid the residency waiver is due pretty much at the time you apply for graduation. You might be able to stall them a little, but TESU isn't shy about taking action if they don't get paid, in this case probably by cancelling your graduation application.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Since money is tight for you, I would rethink spending a lot of money (and time) on a second BA. Even if you had the money, I think you're overcomplicating things.

Second bachelor's are almost always a bad idea. You should almost always move up the education chain (eg. BA in psych then MBA instead of BSBA). Why go for then BSBA when you can get an MBA cheap and quick at WGU with no prereqs? Usually 2nd BAs are for career changers or folks who know that their first BA is worthless for the next job up (the latter is what happened to me). It's weird you want two BA at the same time at great expense (24+ new credits). Even a double major within a single BA is far cheaper at 15 new credits with 9 overlapping allowed.

I would just keep it simple and get the BA degree that's going to land you the job you want in the near future. If you need a business degree, get the MBA after the BA.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
davewill Wrote:It costs $75 to apply, and $114 for the TECEP. As a non-matriculated student, it's around $150 for the TECEP as I recall.

Thank you so much. I started to fill out my application, but I thought I should check before I submit: Do you know if I need to do anything at this point to get the study.com discounts? Or I only need to be a study.com member when I pay the waiver?

Edit: I saw another post by you about getting affiliate pricing added by emailing TESU. Can I wait on that for now? I'm waiting with hopes that study.com gives me the scholarship.

[quote=Ideas]Thank you so much. I started to fill out my application, but I thought I should check before I submit: Do you know if I need to do anything at this point to get the study.com discounts? Or I only%
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
Ideas Wrote:Thank you so much. I started to fill out my application, but I thought I should check before I submit: Do you know if I need to do anything at this point to get the study.com discounts? Or I only need to be a study.com member when I pay the waiver?

Edit: I saw another post by you about getting affiliate pricing added by emailing TESU. Can I wait on that for now? I'm waiting with hopes that study.com gives me the scholarship.
Yes you can wait, but I'd just go ahead and check the box. The worst that happens is they check for Study.com membership and don't give it to you, then you have to have it added later.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I've been planning to just do the BSBA (with ASNSM along the way), then the Psych Bachelor's afterwards. However, I realized I had made a mistake about financial aid, and developed a different plan (involving attending a cheap community college). Because of that, there are some benefits to getting the Psych degree before the BSBA. (Pell Grant stops once you get your first Bachelor's or some other degrees, and the BSBA is actually easier to find cheap exams for, among other reasons.)

I may need to stick with the original plan, but I wanted to check a couple things that might save me time and money:

First, what if I graduate from TESU with Psych degree first? Then am I temporarily considered an 'unenrolled student' for those weeks after conferral? Because I don't want that. I don't want to allow my enrollment to elapse at all, because I want to stay locked into the 2016-17 catalog in case they change the BSBA requirements soon.

Second, is there a way I can jump over to COSC and get a Psych degree there? I don't want to try any of those 'tricks' that some people have done, that is, I don't want to be hiding my dual enrollment or anything like that. But maybe both schools would allow it... and let me stay enrolled continuously at TESU (like above, I want to be locked into the old catalog)? I guess this is unlikely, but I thought I would ask. COSC has some advantages for me because of how they'll give me 18 GRE credits (I already took the exam), and some other smaller advantages. However, if by some chance I'm allowed to do this, I don't want to lose my ASNSM plan. I only want to do this if I can still get my ASNSM from TESU.

A third option, which I also think is unlikely is: Could I quickly go get the BOG AAS then resume my plan at TESU? It seems like schools are less concerned with things like 'dual enrollment' for anything under a Bachelor's? But the BOG AAS is meant for people who don't have other means to a degree, I guess. The reason I want the quick AAS is financial. It could help me earn a bit more over the next year, helping me to pay for the BSBA and the rest. I already have the credits needed for the AAS and already applied (before I decided to do the BSBA). The problem is it can take a while to get my transcripts sent and sorted out, because of some being so old and archived.'

Edit: Reminder to myself: COSC requires 30 UL. I think COSC still makes sense for me, but it could mean taking more expensive or longer courses than I was thinking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,003 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,026 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,903 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,356 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,757 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 861 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 936 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack