Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Duggars and CollegePlus
And I wonder how many people are left hanging once they get to UL credits....
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:And I wonder how many people are left hanging once they get to UL credits....
Note I never said CP doesn't help you when you get to UL stuff...there are just more people on here and it's easier to find a wider range of info. CP has a well-organized, thorough Forum too.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Westerner Wrote:Note I never said CP doesn't help you when you get to UL stuff...there are just more people on here and it's easier to find a wider range of info. CP has a well-organized, thorough Forum too.

Since they are charging money, they should be able to provide all of that info. They shouldn't even need a forum either.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Suppose you are falling behind on your mortgage, and unknown to you, your lender files a Notice of Default. A mortgage modification company sees the notice and gets in contact with you. They tell you that for $3,000 they can help save your home, because they have "partner" banks that they work with all the time. All you need to do is speak with one of their "loan advisors" to get the ball rolling. After paying their fee, you are instructed to gather some basic financial information that provides your current income, a reason why your financial situation changed, and what you are doing to get back on your feet. Your mortgage modification company then has you call a loan officer at the bank where you provide them with the information you were instructed to gather. The bank then agrees to modify the loan while you get back on your feet. Or the bank doesn't -- either way the mortgage modification company has done their best to help you. Of course you didn't need the mortgage modification company at all. You could have done everything yourself. Does any of this have a familiar ring?
sanantone Wrote:They shouldn't even need a forum either.
Um, what do you mean by that? The Forum is where CP students share test and course feedback, like on here.
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Westerner Wrote:Um, what do you mean by that? The Forum is where CP students share test and course feedback, like on here.
It depends on how the forum is used. If people are giving each other advice on which tests should go in their degree plan, then CP is not doing its job.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:It depends on how the forum is used. If people are giving each other advice on which tests should go in their degree plan, then CP is not doing its job.
No, CP works with you to find what degree is going to be best for you, sets up your degree plan and tells you what tests to take. They map out your entire degree. Then you go to the Forums to find study tips.
BA History 2014 - TESC

"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
sanantone Wrote:I found out from another forum that the Duggars are using CollegePlus. I searched their name plus CollegePlus and found out they are endorsing the company. I wonder if they have to pay for CollegePlus' services or if CollegePlus is paying them. I HATE CollegePlus, College Network, and other companies like them. For people who pride themselves in frugality, I can't believe that they would pay a company $3,000 to teach them how to test out of courses.

Duggar-Endorsed College Option | CollegePlus!

College Plus is so much more than a program that teaches students how to test out of classes. Yes, it is nice to get through college quicker and for less money; however, College Plus is concerned with empowering students with a Christian worldview and giving them a quality education. As part of College Plus' program, students are able to customize their degree program to fit around their life. CP students are encouraged to take advantage of education opportunities like apprenticeships or internships. Education is sometimes more than "just racking up the credits". If you are only concerned with getting done with school quickly and without debt, you may set out on your own without a company like College Plus to guide you. CP simply makes the college journey easier and is instrumental in enriching students' lives.
Daithi Wrote:Suppose you are falling behind on your mortgage, and unknown to you, your lender files a Notice of Default. A mortgage modification company sees the notice and gets in contact with you. They tell you that for $3,000 they can help save your home, because they have "partner" banks that they work with all the time. All you need to do is speak with one of their "loan advisors" to get the ball rolling. After paying their fee, you are instructed to gather some basic financial information that provides your current income, a reason why your financial situation changed, and what you are doing to get back on your feet. Your mortgage modification company then has you call a loan officer at the bank where you provide them with the information you were instructed to gather. The bank then agrees to modify the loan while you get back on your feet. Or the bank doesn't -- either way the mortgage modification company has done their best to help you. Of course you didn't need the mortgage modification company at all. You could have done everything yourself. Does any of this have a familiar ring?

Lol, it does indeed. I'm getting married soon to a pretty little lady from Ecuador. You just described my exact experience with a lawyer's office in order to file the necessary paperwork for our marriage.

I have to gather and provide everything, and they will be happy to walk me through the process for a fee. Then it's up to the government, but the lawyer has done everything he can.

Now let's take my experience with my accountant last month. I provide all the bank statements, w2's, expenses, and he uses his experience and expertise to point me towards things I may not have found by myself. After that, it's me against the IRS (unless I pay him more).

I'm not making light of your example. It was a good one. My point is merely that we're surrounded by this every day. That's what half of the service-based industries are there for. They do the things that we don't want to learn to do on our own. Add a little advertising in there and you may not even think about doing it on your own. It's may not be "right", but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong going on.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Pigeonkeeper Wrote:College Plus is so much more than a program that teaches students how to test out of classes. Yes, it is nice to get through college quicker and for less money; however, College Plus is concerned with empowering students with a Christian worldview and giving them a quality education. As part of College Plus' program, students are able to customize their degree program to fit around their life. CP students are encouraged to take advantage of education opportunities like apprenticeships or internships. Education is sometimes more than "just racking up the credits". If you are only concerned with getting done with school quickly and without debt, you may set out on your own without a company like College Plus to guide you. CP simply makes the college journey easier and is instrumental in enriching students' lives.

If that's the case, it's better to just attend any regionally-accredited university online. Many of them offer internship courses and will have better connections than CP. You say that CP encourages internships and apprenticeships; colleges actually set up internships and apprenticeships. $3,000 is a 6-month term at WGU where you can complete as many credits as you can at your own pace. They also have a list of what CLEP/DSST you can take to fulfill the general education requirements. $3,000 is about $1,000-2,000 less than a whole year at several state universities. If you're not looking to complete a degree as fast as possible, you might as well attend a traditional college. For about $3,500, I could complete 48 credits in one year at a local community college taking nothing but online courses. It's not as cheap as taking CLEP, even though they accept those, but at least that money would be getting me closer to completing a degree.

How can CP provide a quality education? I know they offer a few ACE-approved courses, but they aren't a college. You can get what CP provides in education from the library and MOOCs for free.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CollegePlus is Now Lumerit Education/Scholar sanantone 43 13,449 04-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  CollegePlus ACE accredited courses Westerner 23 3,112 09-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Westerner