Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison Art
Does anyone know if the Bachelor of Arts at Thomas Edison can be done 100% online?
Began Aug 2014
Yes it can be done 100% online. In fact TESU doesn't even offer any of the courses in person.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jsd
Thank you! We were going business, but saw they have art. Hoping all her business classes will transfer for the art.
Began Aug 2014
This is kind of a strange question. You've been on this forum since 2014, and posted 206 times. How do you not already know this?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have 2 kids taking classes and just saw that Thomas Edison has art!!!!!!!!!

(02-06-2018, 10:27 AM)davewill Wrote: Yes it can be done 100% online. In fact TESU doesn't even offer any of the courses in person.

These are the classes she has taken. Do you have guidance on what she needs to switch to ART and not business? Just curious which would go towards art degree. https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/art.cfm

Introduction to Worldviews, Philosophy, and Religion
Accounting I*
Accounting II*
Business Communication*
Business Law*
English Composition I*
English Composition II*
Financial Accounting
Introduction to Biology Lab*
Introduction to Biology*
Macroeconomics*
Microbiology*
Microeconomics*
United States History I*
United States History II*
Western Civilization I*
Western Civilization II*
Texas Engineering Extension Service
Cyber Security for Business Professionals
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professiona
Began Aug 2014
While all courses can be completed online, you're going to have a hard time finding most of these through "alternative" sources, so it may cost quite a bit.

By the way, "Bachelor of Arts" is a broad category encompassing many fields. For example, my degree is a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. There's a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science at TESU. there are dozens of others. It sounds like you're looking for an Bachelor of Arts in Art (BA Art), specifically.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • High_Order1
she draws and has amazing portfolio of digital art

She should totally go for business. It will save us money. What class should she take next? We need UL
Began Aug 2014
Ah. A BA in Art, I couldn't figure that one out.

This is the type of degree that can't be tested out of - she would need 10 art courses, and the only one available through inexpensive means is Art History through Shmoop. And, she couldn't even sign up with TESU with the Comprehensive Tuition plan, because they don't offer any UL art courses. Has she taken any art college classes anywhere?

If she does not know what she wants, then a BALS might be better than business. They are the same price at this point.

She might also want to look into a school that has some sort of degree like Hodges' Digital Design & Graphics, or Visual Comm, or something along those lines. Hodges no longer has the competency-based program that would probably have worked well for her, but I'm sure other schools will.

Sometimes on this forum, we forget to look outside of the schools we post on here, but it can be a detriment. What does she want to do with her degree?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill
She could potentially get that degree by portfolio.

Some of my portfolios: digital photography I, web page design I, and video production I.

Search the PLA database; I am about positive I saw some classic art-style topics in there.

// devil's advocate

...would her income-earning potential be better served with a business degree, or one in watercolor and charcoal art? I would like a degree in photography, but it would be worse than burning money. Just a thought.

Here, I was curious:

929 courses, I saw a 300 level (upper level) on the very first page.

https://www2.tesu.edu/pla/coursesub.php?cat=Art
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 2 users Like High_Order1's post:
  • Cealcrest, Ideas
(02-06-2018, 09:30 PM)High_Order1 Wrote: She could potentially get that degree by portfolio.

Some of my portfolios: digital photography I, web page design I, and video production I.

Search the PLA database; I am about positive I saw some classic art-style topics in there.

// devil's advocate

...would her income-earning potential be better served with a business degree, or one in watercolor and charcoal art? I would like a degree in photography, but it would be worse than burning money. Just a thought.

Here, I was curious:

929 courses, I saw a 300 level (upper level) on the very first page.

https://www2.tesu.edu/pla/coursesub.php?cat=Art
I changed my major to art and three courses (9 credits) can be done through Sophia(Art History I and II and Visual Communications), plus 2 more through PLA, and I believe there is more as PLA 200 if you have experience in art.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacedonia4's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree avi_learning 35 3,134 08-29-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: avi_learning
  Equivalent to SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy at Thomas Edison State University thepoetvd776 4 1,224 02-17-2021, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Alumni - Can you logon to OSS/My Edison? bjcheung77 2 978 02-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Current list of study.com courses that Thomas Edison accepts? sharsharky 3 1,096 09-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Thomas Edison BSBA International Business Help DarthArbiter00 9 1,758 06-24-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Thomas edison state university operational management clydeben 6 1,633 05-02-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Does Thomas Edison State University still accept Penn Foster's Fin 101? AmyPerez82 2 1,277 04-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  N.J. Governor Wants to Merge Thomas Edison Into Rutgers TMW2010 166 28,325 03-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Completed Associate Degree from Thomas Edison - A Few Tips jumpstart 4 1,809 01-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Was there ever an Edison State College? sanantone 9 1,887 11-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Last Post: davewill