Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Question
Hi All,

I have taken english comp modular and passed, but Troy university said they would not accept it. After taking it I checked with another university I attended previously and they will accept it. When I checked with the other university I found this test completed my requirements for a minor. Here is the main question. If I send my scores to the other university, get credit as well as my associates degree will Troy accept the credits once I resubmit my transcript?

Thanks,
llb022
It depends. You could ask the new school what their transfer policy is with credits from the other school, but honestly, each school can make their own credit acceptance policy. There isn't a blanket answer for all schools. It may depend on how the other school that will accept it will add it to your transcript. If it says credit by exam, or if they just give you credit for their equivalent course you should get credit if it is an RA school to RA school, however if they not the credit on your transcript as CLEP / DSST the new school will probably still not accept it. But hey, you will get your Associates degree and that is worth something. All you can do is call the other school and see how it will transcribed onto your transcript.

Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
llb022 Wrote:Hi All,

I have taken english comp modular and passed, but Troy university said they would not accept it. After taking it I checked with another university I attended previously and they will accept it. When I checked with the other university I found this test completed my requirements for a minor. Here is the main question. If I send my scores to the other university, get credit as well as my associates degree will Troy accept the credits once I resubmit my transcript?

Thanks,
llb022

While I don't disagree with Marianne, but your question does have a specific answer.

First off- you can't launder credit. So, Troy says no to the test. The other university says yes. If you attend the other university and get the test on your transcript and then transfer back to Troy with a DEGREE, then your transfer is subject to the articulation agreement between Troy and your university. If you don't have a degree, you just want to make your CLEP appear on a transcript somewhere else and hope Troy takes it- that's a no. I'd bet my last dollar.

So- if written articulation between Troy and other uni, then follow that policy. If Troy takes whole degrees as "paid in full" for 2 years of gen eds, then you are fine.

If no written policy- you'll have to eat the cost on a wasted test or transfer out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 8 231 04-27-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: 3ichael7ambert
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 729 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 555 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,193 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 705 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,770 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,354 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 680 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 619 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 550 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore