Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UExcel Physics
Does anyone have any feedback on this test?

Thanks much.
mtompkins Wrote:Does anyone have any feedback on this test?

Thanks much.

I'm working on this, but haven't taken it yet. It covers quite a bit of ground, as you can see in the content guide. Are you planning to take it soon?
I studied for a month hard (5 to 8hrs a day for about a month) then took the UExcel sample test. I scored terribly. There was no formula sheet or constants as the test description indicated would be available. Worse yet, when I reached out to UExcel / PearsonVue and Excelsior they all indicated they couldn't help.

I then asked if they'd email )or mail or fax) a sheet of formula as I could expect at the actual exam. They said they couldn't.

This seems to indicate UExcel exams aren'[t quite ready for prime-time, however I'm hopeful I can collect enough information from the practice exam to pass. There really are a myriad of formulae and constants in physics that should be supplied.

By the lack of information on this site about this exam I would think it has very little takers.
Hi!

I noticed that Cliff’s Notes online has some physics resources:

Study Notes - Physics - CliffsNotes

Glossary - Tools & Resources: Physics Glossary - CliffsNotes

“Cheat Sheet” - Tools & Resources: Physics Cheat Sheet - CliffsNotes

Extra Questions - Ask Cliff: Science Questions and Answers - CliffsNotes

I have liked them for studying Chemistry and Biochemistry, but they don’t seem to cover as much for Physics.

Please let us know what you find for good Physics resources. (There is a little bit of interest on this forum, but I think you will be the first to try it.)

My best wishes to you on this exam!!!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
(08-17-2010, 12:03 PM)mtompkins Wrote: Does anyone have any feedback on this test?

Thanks much.
I took UExcel exam twice. The first time, exam timing and question numbers were not visible till the last minute. All quantitative questions had wrong answer options, hence I had to check each answer twice and lost lots of time due to it. I complained to Exclesior College about the discrepancy and they offered me a retest. The second time I faced a test like no other. They gave an exam heavily loaded with lengthy quantitative questions which is impossible for anyone to complete the test in two hours. It would have taken at least three hours to finish the retest. I completed the entire recommended Sears and Zemansky's College Physics in 13 months without any help and with self study and practiced successfully with every quantitative question but the questions in the test were lengthy enough even for the book. I would not recommend a UExcel exam but rather AP Exams, CLEP Exams and DSST Tests which are designed keeping in view the time window for test completion and are not designed to fail test takers for what ever reasons. After having scored really good in CLEP Biology, Chemistry, College Algebra, Precalculus and Calculus, I expected UExcel Physics to be on the same level but learned that it is designed to fail test takers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,364 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,105 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  Preparation for UExcel Philosophy Leebo 7 1,888 05-25-2021, 04:30 PM
Last Post: triceratops
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,533 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel exam costs $220 nomaduser 5 1,495 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,272 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98
  Physics and Mathematics online self-paced college courses for credit sciencemathematics1 0 1,066 03-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  BS general studies with physics concentration: Worth less than a physics major? sciencemathematics1 20 3,913 02-11-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  Uexcel Earth Science Exam HELP!!! Urgent!!!! Pandalover43 3 2,532 03-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Pandalover43
  UEXCEL Weather and Climate learflyer 3 1,328 03-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Last Post: GonnaGraduate