Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Credit Help Needed!
Ok, so I'm down to the wire on my BSLS. I need 12 UL arts & sciences credits. I'm looking for the easiest and cheapest UL credits. Here are my options. I'm looking for feedback from those of you that have taken these exams to point me in the right direction so I can be successful and not waste my money. I have done some psych classes as you can see from my signature so that may help me for some. I'm planning on ECE adulthood and aging anyway. I'm not a history fan or buff and I don't really care for history, at least not this type! Antiques, castles, home restoration ok, but wars no!

DSST:
Money & Banking
Civil War & Reconstruction
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union

ECE:
Abnormal Psychology
Juvenile Delinquency
Social Psychology
World Populations
Bioethics: Philosophical Issues
Cultural Diversity (I have taken cultural diversity in healthcare, so this my be a duplicate)

I have proved the last 6 months that I can study and have been successful to date without failing any exam or courses I have attempted. I just don't want to ruin that streak. I want to have this done in the next month. Please let me know which 3 you think will be reasonable to finish in that time and easy enough for me to do. The cheaper path is preferred, but at this point I just want to be done so I can move onward and upward!

Thanks for your help!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
I haven't taken any of those except for the Cultural Diversity. In my opinion DSSTs are much better written. The ECE I took was so poorly worded I had difficulty figuring out what they were asking. The same thing goes for TECEPs. DSSTs are cheaper and better (in my opinion). Good luck!
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
You should do Bioethics since you have already taken Ethics: Theory and Practice.

I see you have taken Lifespan Developmental Psychology. Abnormal psychology should be one of your choices in writing exams because you probably know a lot of the introductory psychology required to write it.

Have you taken any economics courses or followed the subject closely in the news? If so, Money and Banking could be good.

I have written some study tips for both of these after taking them last month:

Abnormal Psychology
Money and Banking
Out of the exams you list I have taken the DSST Civil War & Reconstruction.
It is definitely doable, if I can score an A in it, I bet you can also. The feedback section of IC has lots of help with this exam.

I recently took PAA , between IC's flashcards for PAA & FoG, they are enough to get an A on that exam.

From what I have read, I would also consider the World Population ECE, as it seems like IC is enough to get an A on that one also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,593 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,974 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 265 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 753 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 683 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 703 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 488 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 550 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 333 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 653 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain