Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
** UPDATE: ALEKS Renewed!!! **
I'm going to be honest, I think this is bad.
These one at a time renewals "feel" to me like ACE giving ALEKS time and the benefit of the doubt that they will do what needs to be done, which has to be something.
I predict ALEKS' full renewal will require assessment proctoring.
Just my guess, but if that is the case, I think the cost will go up and I think they may initiate some kind of time limit (gone are the 3 day assessments), and I think you won't be able to launch assessments daily- if it's anything like proctoring with the others, we'll have to schedule ahead 3 days and set a time.
Again - I don't "know" anything, this is just my guess.
cookderosa Wrote:I'm going to be honest, I think this is bad.
These one at a time renewals "feel" to me like ACE giving ALEKS time and the benefit of the doubt that they will do what needs to be done, which has to be something.
I predict ALEKS' full renewal will require assessment proctoring.
Just my guess, but if that is the case, I think the cost will go up and I think they may initiate some kind of time limit (gone are the 3 day assessments), and I think you won't be able to launch assessments daily- if it's anything like proctoring with the others, we'll have to schedule ahead 3 days and set a time.
Again - I don't "know" anything, this is just my guess.

I just don't know how they can proctor assessments since assessments are not official tests. You kinda need some sort of a final test which I don't know how it would work with their system. Maybe timed assessments? Hope not. ALEKS is so awesome and has been working great for two of my girls. They are actually mastering what they learn compared to other homeschool curriculums and potentially acquiring college credit.

Clodyne Seidel
Clodyneseidel Wrote:I just don't know how they can proctor assessments since assessments are not official tests. You kinda need some sort of a final test which I don't know how it would work with their system. Maybe timed assessments? Hope not. ALEKS is so awesome and has been working great for two of my girls. They are actually mastering what they learn compared to other homeschool curriculums and potentially acquiring college credit.

Clodyne Seidel

It would just be a matter of taking assessments and putting them in a different category. After your placement assessment, you could schedule additional ones for college credit. Again, I don't have any insight here, just thinking out loud....so to speak.
I've been away from the board for a bit, so I didn't catch this thread when it was in progress, but for anyone who searches for this or those who have forgotten, the information I received from ACE LAST TIME we had this issue was as follows: ACE has different personnel permissions with their database, and once an organization has met the renewal requirements, the first-line person can do a 30-day extension in the database as often as needed, and on a quarterly-ish basis they do the actual updates to their database with full renewals. Quarterly-ish because sometimes they stretch it out to almost five months. This was all from a phone conversation with someone very confused that I found their number but was very willing to help explain the issue(s) to me.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
I just hope ACE doesn't do to ALEKS what it did to Kaplan. That'd be a real shame.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:I just hope ACE doesn't do to ALEKS what it did to Kaplan. That'd be a real shame.

I thought Kaplan decided not to renew, what did I miss?

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
ACE removed credit for the Kaplan course from everyone's individual transcript.
hightecrebel Wrote:I thought Kaplan decided not to renew, what did I miss?

They retroactively removed credit from everyone who has ever taken the course from back when it was ACE-approved. They won't give a specific explanation as to why.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:They retroactively removed credit from everyone who has ever taken the course from back when it was ACE-approved. They won't give a specific explanation as to why.

Oh, that's a bit excessive.

Old Guy Wrote:ACE removed credit for the Kaplan course from everyone's individual transcript.

so Vinnie, Horshack, Epstein and Washington had to repeat ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Google IT Support Certificate Renewed Chankosumo 38 5,834 10-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,384 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,058 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,830 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 927 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia Update: No More End Dates sophia UX 10 2,347 09-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,116 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  SDC and Windows Update jamshid666 4 897 07-21-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: jch
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM