Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uexcel practice & real exams
Do you know how similar content wise the practice exams are to the real thing? Are questions from the same or a similar test bank?
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
10 days left until my UExcel. Bumping this in hopes of getting some last minute tips Smile

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
(01-27-2019, 04:52 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: 10 days left until my UExcel. Bumping this in hopes of getting some last minute tips Smile

Good luck with UExcel. I am studying for the full 6 credit A&P at the moment and giving myself until the end of February to test. Have you heard of Studygroup101? They make study guides that follow the exams ($10). They state to print out the content guide and study from there. From the online FB groups, they encourage taking the practice exams because it's similar and even harder than the actual exam. most people take practice exam A before studying, then take practice exam B.
Yea, same. My exam is Feb 7th. I have the SG101 material and have been watching A&P videos. I think I am ready, but I'm just being irrationally nervous, as it's my personality. I also don't want to fail and have to pay the fees again. My goodness they're bananas.

I'm going to be taking part B tomorrow. Good luck on your exam!

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheeseburrito's post:
  • HappyNurse35
Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

This was a VERY difficult test and had the experimental questions been real I'm sure I would have failed.

I studied for about 2 months and felt very confident going into the test room, aside from the normal sweating and test anxiety. My tips would be:
1. Study more
2. Take the practice tests and content with a grain of salt. Don't memorize questions.
3. Know everything. Everything about the human body and every single action. It got real specific with things.
4. Do a 2 semester brick and mortar A&P class with labs instead.

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheeseburrito's post:
  • HappyNurse35
(02-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

This was a VERY difficult test and had the experimental questions been real I'm sure I would have failed.

I studied for about 2 months and felt very confident going into the test room, aside from the normal sweating and test anxiety. My tips would be:
1. Study more
2. Take the practice tests and content with a grain of salt. Don't memorize questions.
3. Know everything. Everything about the human body and every single action. It got real specific with things.

I saw this thread and noticed they no longer have ACE certification. Do they have nationalccrs.org now?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(02-09-2019, 01:46 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:00 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Aaaaand I passed. I got a C which is absolutely unacceptable to me.

1. Study more

I saw this thread and noticed they no longer have ACE certification. Do they have nationalccrs.org now?

UExcel exams are RA credits, if I'm not mistaken. No need for ACE/NCCRS
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-09-2019, 02:17 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 01:46 PM)vetvso Wrote:

1. Study more

UExcel exams are RA credits, if I'm not mistaken. No need for ACE/NCCRS
Thanks that's very interesting and I may also take a UExcel now.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
If you Google uexcel, a lot of other schools pop up saying they give credit for them based on Excelsior's recommended credit and grade system. So I think they're a decent option, if not an expensive one.

I would choose modern states cleps all day over any other credit option if it was available to me.

4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP

1. Study more

Congrats!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior is retiring UExcel exams! This month! dfrecore 24 5,777 03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 464 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Strayer's challenge exams: CIS375 - Human Computer Interaction (Dec. 2021) carrythenothing 8 2,006 12-15-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jch
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 359 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I got a 71/100 on dsst ethics in tech practice Kyler 3 623 06-26-2023, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Kyler
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,458 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UEXCEL Testing Ending vetvso 7 1,236 08-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Instructions registering for exams Carnation 5 1,024 07-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Practice exams ??? - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature bostonboy1000 5 1,428 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: P226mem