Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um, which take out delivery service or app do you use?
Yes, I know, I should be more techie than I currently am... but didn't really need delivery until now.

I rarely take out/get delivery unless it's Pizza.  There's DoorDash I just signed up for it as I know the first order delivery is $0.

Then there's Uber Eats, I kind of want to sign up for this to see or use this as I think they're the biggest of the bunch.

What other options are there besides these two... I know the Uber Eats app is much better...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Gr
(11-03-2020, 05:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, I know, I should be more techie than I currently am... but didn't really need delivery until now.

I rarely take out/get delivery unless it's Pizza.  There's DoorDash I just signed up for it as I know the first order delivery is $0.

Then there's Uber Eats, I kind of want to sign up for this to see or use this as I think they're the biggest of the bunch.

What other options are there besides these two... I know the Uber Eats app is much better...
Grubhub love em

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

None. Where I live there's few restaurants that use these apps. I live in a town of 3,500 people. Dominos has an app and they do deliver! A handful of restaurants will deliver, but you have to call them or place your order on their website.
(11-03-2020, 05:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, I know, I should be more techie than I currently am... but didn't really need delivery until now.

I think the answers you will get will be based on where people live. I live in the LA area and here are my favs:

1. DoorDash - slightly more expensive than GrubHub but will deliver from just about anywhere
2. GrubHub - cheaper but more limited restaurant choices
3. InstaCart - great for groceries
4. Postmates - pricey but will bring you anything from a burger to a pair of sneakers. 
5. Local restaurants - tons of local restaurants that doesn't have an app. Generally the cheapest but there usually is a min purchase necessary
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

I can't remember which app has you tip the driver BEFORE they deliver. Don't use that one. It's a good idea in theory but it means that the tip is mandatory and they get the money even if your food arrives late and cold. Also, for that one at least, they use the "tip" to cut down on the fee that they're giving the driver.

For instance, let's say that they get a base rate of $2 per delivery. You tip $5 on a $20 order. You'd think that they get $7. Nope. They get $5. I forget how they justify it but it's pretty awful.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell Phone Deal - OnePlus Nord 30 - Best Buy $0 plus cost for X days service bjcheung77 6 700 03-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Customer Service Alpha 1 465 08-16-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Got a product or service? Shark Tank... bjcheung77 0 452 04-03-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mail forwarding/scanning service - International bjcheung77 4 902 01-19-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Civil Service Exam Tedium 9 1,617 09-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  US Postal Service Express? Mail JohnnyHeck 1 804 05-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: michaelfrye1970
  Free phone service SipGate+Google voice rickyjo 11 2,864 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Postal Service wants to cut out Saturday deliveries TMW2010 10 2,117 03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Post: PonyGirl93
  Military Members, What would be your "dream job" in the service? 0 1,106 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: