Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Alabama - Online Degree Completion (45 ACE credits, $375 per credit)
The University of Alabama's continuing education department accepts max 45 ACE credits, total 90 transfer credits out of 120.
I just confirmed this with their admissions.

They offer many online undergraduate degree programs:
https://bamabydistance.ua.edu/degrees/un...egrees.php

Tution fee is $375 per credit:
https://bamabydistance.ua.edu/tuition-fi...uition.php

So once  you successfully transfer 45 ACE credits and 45 RA credits, you'll be able to get their degree for $11,250 ($375 x 30).

The University of Alabama has a great reputation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Alabama
[-] The following 2 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • hsfamfun, StoicJ
Maybe in Alabama. It's hardly one of the public ivies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • nomaduser
They have a great reputation for football. Not much else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • nomaduser
Could still be a good choice for someone who happens to want one of those degrees that isn't offered by the Big 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack
If one lives in the South, then this school will be thought of differently than the perspective of being in California or New England.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • louise
(09-21-2020, 10:33 AM)ss20ts Wrote: If one lives in the South, then this school will be thought of differently than the perspective of being in California or New England.

You articulated my point better than I did.

UT at Austin, UC Berkley, UVA, UW at Madison, etc. are public schools that have a national reputation for the quality of their educational offerings.

What do I know about Alabama the state? Well, on a walking tour of NOLA, when the guide was talking about their problems, he said that their saying was, "Well, we're better off than Alabama." Or something like that. Not what I call a resounding accolade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • nomaduser
(09-22-2020, 09:11 AM)LongRoad Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 10:33 AM)ss20ts Wrote: If one lives in the South, then this school will be thought of differently than the perspective of being in California or New England.

UT at Austin, UC Berkley, UVA, UW at Madison, etc. are public schools that have a national reputation for the quality of their educational offerings.

What do I know about Alabama the state? Well, on a walking tour of NOLA, when the guide was talking about their problems, he said that their saying was, "Well, we're better off than Alabama." Or something like that. Not what I call a resounding accolade.

I'm not sure why people are trashing University of Alabama on this forum? If I'm not mistaken the Business school from the University of Alabama is AACSB accredited. I don't believe that any of the "big three" have that accreditation. Sure it may not be a top tier school but it may suit the needs for some members of this forum. 
Their tuition is even lower then TESU.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rustydroid's post:
  • nomaduser, rachel83az, ss20ts, StoicJ
(09-22-2020, 09:11 AM)LongRoad Wrote:

Let me clarify for you. I am not bad mouthing U of Alabama at all. I'm saying in different parts of the country, different schools are thought of in different ways. In the South, U of Alabama is well thought of.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • nomaduser
(09-22-2020, 02:37 PM)Rustydroid Wrote: Their tuition is even lower then TESU.

That is because TESU tuition is overpriced. This is why we encourage people to only take the cornerstone and capstone from there and transfer in everything else. That is really the big value of TESU and the other other Big 3 schools. It certainly isn't its name recognition or cheap tuition. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • StoicJ

I suppose that's true. I am a Southerner, and admit to being at least slightly biased against Cali or Yankee schools. Certainly if, on a full ride, I had to choose between attending Bama or Berkeley, I'd choose Bama.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 255 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 218 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,608 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,141 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 205 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,542 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,932 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger