Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update and asking for advice
First of all, I must say thanks to everyone here who has helped point me in the right direction on this site. I asked for some help just less than a month ago and have come a long way in my opinion. So far here is what I have in terms of courses:

English Comp 1 (CC)
Microeconomics (CC)
Into to Psychology (CC)
Personal Finance (study.com)
Ethics (Institutes)
Community Safety (NFA)
Fire Service Supervision (NFA)
Developing Effective Teams (Sophia)
Intermediate Algebra (Aleks)
College Algebra (Aleks)
PreCalculus (Aleks)

I still plan on knocking out all 3 TEEX courses in the near future. Started working on Intro to Stats on Aleks and got frustrated with it. May take a few days off from it.

I ended up deciding on going for my BALS w/ concentration in humanities from TESU.

My biggest piece of advice I'm looking for now is in regards to the Guardian scholarship I received at study.com. I just recently finished Personal Finance. Now I'm looking for the smartest and most efficient way of using the scholarship. Could anyone reccomend a couple courses that would be best to get from study.com? Perhaps some UL credits difficult to find elsewhere? Especially easy/fast courses? I'm really just looking for any suggestions from what some of you more experienced people think. I still feel very new to all of this but I feel I'm making some progress.

Some things I was thinking was maybe knock out English comp 2 and intro to world religions. I'd like to chip away at some Gen Ed classes and English Comp 2 would finish my English block. Quite interested in taking Intro to World Religions because my gf is of a different religion than I'm accustomed to and would help me understand a lot more about her religion.

Anyhow, any ideas, suggestions, tips? Thanks a ton everyone, all help is very much appreciated.
Crawdad1075 Wrote:First of all, I must say thanks to everyone here who has helped point me in the right direction on this site. I asked for some help just less than a month ago and have come a long way in my opinion. So far here is what I have in terms of courses:

I ended up deciding on going for my BALS w/ concentration in humanities from TESU.

My biggest piece of advice I'm looking for now is in regards to the Guardian scholarship I received at study.com. I just recently finished Personal Finance. Now I'm looking for the smartest and most efficient way of using the scholarship. Could anyone reccomend a couple courses that would be best to get from study.com? Perhaps some UL credits difficult to find elsewhere? Especially easy/fast courses? I'm really just looking for any suggestions from what some of you more experienced people think. I still feel very new to all of this but I feel I'm making some progress.

Some things I was thinking was maybe knock out English comp 2 and intro to world religions. I'd like to chip away at some Gen Ed classes and English Comp 2 would finish my English block. Quite interested in taking Intro to World Religions because my gf is of a different religion than I'm accustomed to and would help me understand a lot more about her religion.

Unfortunately, there are no UL Humanities courses through Study.com - and all of those UL Business, Science, History and Psych courses won't work in the Humanities AOS. So, your next best bet is to just take whatever courses you need through them. Speech, English Comp II, LL Humanities course, etc.

Your best bet for a Humanities degree cheaply is to use the Shmoop Lit courses - $85/mo for unlimited courses. Some are better than others, there's lots of feedback on here about them.

Another great option - a foreign language if you know one already. TONS of UL credits available there.

Other inexpensive HUM options:
Saylor
Principles of Human Comm >> COM-130
Moral and Political Philosophy >> ??

DSST:
Ethics in America >> PHI-287

SL
Business Comm >> COM-300

Ed4Credit
Film Appreciation >> ??

More expensive: CSU-Global has a ton of UL Comm exams for $250 each

Also remember that you have a maximum of 2 100-level courses allowed in the AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 681 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,635 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,746 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,235 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,048 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,025 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 723 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 712 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 978 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 5,767 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha