Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Study.com/TESU Transfer Guide
Hello! This is Study.com!

We know there has been some confusion about whether or not Study.com’s 1- and 2-credit courses transfer to Thomas Edison State University, and for how many credits.

Originally, when we first received the transfer guide from TESU, we were informed that the courses ACE had evaluated as 1- or 2-credits would transfer as complete 3-credit courses to Thomas Edison. This is why older versions of our transfer guide had 3 credits listed. After some discussion however, TESU opted to adhere to ACE’s recommendations for 1 and 2 credits for those courses, and so we updated the transfer guide on our site to reflect this.

The courses currently transfer as follows:

Communications 101: Public Speaking >> COM-209: Public Speaking - 1 credit
English 101: English Literature >> LIT-208: English Literature I - 1 credit
Business 113: Business Communication >> COM-300: Introduction to Business Communication - 1 credit
Math 107: Quantitative Literacy >> MAT-119: Quantitative Business Analysis - 2 credits

The full transfer guide is available here: Thomas Edison State University

As always, the specifics of how courses transfer in depends on your degree plan and other credits you may have earned, so please make sure to check with your advisor.

We are actively working on these courses with the hopes of receiving 3 semester hour recommendations from ACE in the coming months.

Thank you so much, and we apologize for any confusion about this.
Thanks so much for coming by and keeping us updated! I'm sure I speak for many here when I say we'd love for your team to continue your presence here when news and issues like this come up!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Absolutely! We will definitely keep you updated with other important news from Study.com. We love the enthusiasm and resourcefulness of everyone on this forum!
Study.com Wrote:Absolutely! We will definitely keep you updated with other important news from Study.com. We love the enthusiasm and resourcefulness of everyone on this forum!

Any chance that someone there can work directly with TESU to work out some issues with a few other courses? I have sent messages to advising, but no luck getting anything resolved. Colleen Doran was the person who responded to me when I sent my first question, but then never responded after that, even though I referenced her personally with my second request for information. Here was my second request sent to advising:

1) They already had the History of Vietnam War (HIS-351), and added the Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War. When I look at the contents of each course, they are different from each other, yet the new course was given the same course #.

2) Advanced Technical Writing was given the same course equivalency as Technical Writing (ENG-201), even though this course is considered UL by ACE. I would think this would be given a course number in the 300-400 range.

3) They already had Organizational Behavior (MAN-311), and added Leadership & Organizational Behavior. When I look at the contents of each course, they are different from each other, yet the new course was given the same course #.

4) Globalization and International Management - I just want to make sure that this course will fulfill the International Business requirement.

5) Advanced Operations Management - I’m wondering if they also did not look closely at this course, and would give it a separate course number from Operations Management (OPM-301). It looks to have some different material than the TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Specifically, could these courses align with the following in the PLA database?

Study.com Advanced Technical Writing as
Advanced Business Writing   (ENG-303)   3.00 s.h.  
Preparing and editing reports and presentations common to business, industry and government.

3) Advanced Organizational Behavior as
Advanced Organizational Behavior.   (MAN-312)   3.00 s.h.  
Analysis and integration of the organization behavior. Emphasis is placed on the behavioral aspects of modern organizations and applications of basic principles to specific problems. Topics include: landmark research results with regard to leadership, power and authority; organizational change in complex organizations, organizational conflict and its resolution; organization development, including the dynamics of planned change and process intervention; and the role, norms and behavior of groups in organizations, including the methods for observing and analyzing group behavior.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV and drefcore - We will follow up with Thomas Edison and let you know about those courses.

We're happy to answer any other questions or field requests. Please let us know if there's any other information we can provide either by replying here or starting a new thread, as appropriate.
Here's a pie in the sky request... most folks around here are business major folks, so I'll represent my psych major :p

As of the most recent known TESU catalog, the only required course (aside from the capstone) for the psychology major that isn't available elsewhere as an exam is "Ethics in the Social Sciences." Two other required courses, "History and Systems of Psychology" and "Physiological Psychology," are only available as exams through Tor College Credits. Perhaps these might be worth Study.com exploring, since they are not easily available but are required?

On that same note, even though sociology is certainly not as popular as psychology or business admin, the only sociology requirement not available as an exam elsewhere is "Social Theory," and sociology electives in general (especially upper level) are a bit lacking. I assume its more worthwhile for you to explore the psych courses based on the popularity of it, but just some wishful thinking on my part Big Grin

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

That's very good to know, jsd. We can evaluate those four course requests and see about the feasability of developing them as Study.com courses.
Thanks Smile

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I'm going to add requests for Criminal Justice majors, which seem to be popular on this forum. Propero and CSU-Global have a bunch of exams, but they are a more expensive option than study.com. Also, Ethics in CJ is a required course now for TESU, so that would be a great one to add, as CSU-Global took this CBE away recently.

Also, for business majors:
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Principles of Finance
Principles of Marketing
Microeconomics
Business Communications

A few UL courses in Accounting, Marketing or Finance would make it possible to do the entire set of Business requirements through study.com, which a lot of people are loving.

Last requests: a couple of different options for people to take more than 2 exams in a month, and a discounted rate to do so (so maybe $229 for 3 courses, $249 for 4 courses, etc.

Hey, if we've got someone from study.com here with us, we may as well ask for the moon!!

Thanks for your help!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 256 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 212 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 697 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 0 193 01-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77