Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated UExcel online exams list
Business administration UExcel exams are total garbage in my opinion. They expect opinion-based answers and I kinda felt like it's continuing education stuffs. There's no definitive answers to any of their questions on the exam.

For UExcel, I wouldn't bother anything that is not quantitative.
I will try the Intro to programming with Java, Contemporary Math, and other science stuffs but I wouldn't bother with their business and marketing exams.
(03-22-2021, 01:14 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Business administration UExcel exams are total garbage in my opinion. They expect opinion-based answers and I kinda felt like it's continuing education stuffs. There's no definitive answers to any of their questions on the exam.

I will try the Intro to programming with Java, Contemporary Math, and other science stuffs but I wouldn't bother with their business and marketing exams.

Can you tell us how you came to this conclusion?  Which UExcel exams have you taken where this was the case?  How does it differ from other business-related exams, since they are ALL opinion-based (IMO).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-22-2021, 10:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 01:14 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Business administration UExcel exams are total garbage in my opinion. They expect opinion-based answers and I kinda felt like it's continuing education stuffs. There's no definitive answers to any of their questions on the exam.

Can you tell us how you came to this conclusion?  Which UExcel exams have you taken where this was the case?  How does it differ from other business-related exams, since they are ALL opinion-based (IMO).

I took Workplace Communication with Computers....BUT it has not much to do with computers.
It's full of opinion-based question like this:
i.e. If you're late at work, what would you tell your employer?
1. Send him an email regarding what's happened last night
2. Just say nothing to him
3. Tell your co-workers about the situation
4. Send him a text message

So, any of them could be the answer. They didn't look like something you can study to get a better grade.
I felt it has nothing to do with real study. It's more like competency-based continuing education.
I've got their textbook as well. But the textbook is full of common sense stuffs. If you're living with normal intelligence, you don't need to read this kind of book.

Now, I will avoid the entire non-quantitative business exam catalog at UExcel. Avoid them at all costs!

Mathematics, Java Programming, Info Systems exams can't go wrong. They're quantitative and they will come up with answers that you can 'Study' to get a better grade.
You can study Java programming and get a better grade of course.
But you can't study that type of vague business ethic stuffs which can have all kinds of answers based on situation / opinion.
Even if you can get a good grade from that kind of exam, I think it really means nothing.
(03-22-2021, 11:20 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

I took Business Communication with Computers....BUT it has not much to do with computers.

So, any of them could be the answer. They didn't look like something you can study to get a better grade.
I felt it has nothing to do with real study. It's more like competency-based continuing education.
I've got their textbook as well. But the textbook is full of common sense information. If you're living with normal intelligence, you don't need to read this kind of book.

Now, I will avoid the entire business exam catalog at UExcel.

Mathematics, Java Programming, Info Systems exams can't go wrong. They're quantitative and they will come up with answers that you can 'Study' to get a better grade.
But you can't study that type of vague business ethic stuffs which can have all kinds of answers based on situation / opinion.

What other business exams have you taken?  Like, I've taken Management and Marketing CLEP exams, I thought they were subjective although fairly common-sense.  There aren't a lot of "facts" there like 1+1=2.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's the only exam I have taken but I can imagine the rest of non-quantitative business exams will be similar.

The name of the exam 'Workplace Communication with Computers' sounds intelligent but the actual exam is completely retarded.

I'd say avoid all UExcel business exams that are not quantitative. lol

'Information Systems' could be still good. Because it's all about memorizing facts.
(03-22-2021, 11:20 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I took Workplace Communication with Computers....BUT it has not much to do with computers.

I've got their textbook as well. But the textbook is full of common sense stuffs. If you're living with normal intelligence, you don't need to read this kind of book.

Now, I will avoid the entire non-quantitative business exam catalog at UExcel. Avoid them at all costs!

Even if you can get a good grade from that kind of exam, I think it really means nothing.

When I took the Business Communications course at a community college, it went into a lot of detail on these types of scenarios. The textbook had correct answers. Saying nothing isn't an option honestly. All business courses are not like this. This is a communications course which is a different discipline. My husband had a similar question in his Business Professional course at Purdue Global a few weeks ago. So these types of questions pop up in lots of courses not just business.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior is retiring UExcel exams! This month! dfrecore 24 5,772 03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Strayer's challenge exams: CIS375 - Human Computer Interaction (Dec. 2021) carrythenothing 8 2,006 12-15-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jch
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 359 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online proctoring: Does anyone even pay attention? studyingfortests 21 4,587 11-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,443 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSSTs now available online for EVERYONE rachel83az 27 4,055 04-08-2023, 04:03 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  UEXCEL Testing Ending vetvso 7 1,236 08-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Instructions registering for exams Carnation 5 1,024 07-04-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Practice exams ??? - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature bostonboy1000 5 1,427 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: P226mem