Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Electives
So I am doing the BLS with a minor in Educational Studies starting in January.  I need to do 6 more upper level electives.  I was hoping they would be more education focused, but based on what Jessica sent me, I am not seeing stuff I was hoping for available through YourPace.  Sooo...my question is, what UL electives would you recommend that don't require a prereq that I probably don't have since these are coming from different study areas?  And which ones did you find easiest to get through and why?  Thanks!!  I am meeting with Jessica next week to get enrolled in classes and want to have a good idea of what I want to complete before we meet.
Is there a minor that you'd enjoy to add to that, such as English, History or PoliSci? Not sure what you are doing with an Educational Studies minor, but trying to find courses that would make another minor and interest you is what I would look at.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-09-2021, 02:14 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I am doing the BLS with a minor in Educational Studies starting in January.  I need to do 6 more upper level electives.  I was hoping they would be more education focused, but based on what Jessica sent me, I am not seeing stuff I was hoping for available through YourPace.  Sooo...my question is, what UL electives would you recommend that don't require a prereq that I probably don't have since these are coming from different study areas?  And which ones did you find easiest to get through and why?  Thanks!!  I am meeting with Jessica next week to get enrolled in classes and want to have a good idea of what I want to complete before we meet.

I would work this out with Jessica as she will know what courses are going to be available when. She will also have your degree audit so she can show you exactly what you need in what areas. I did pretty much business courses only as UL. If you don't have knowledge or experience in business, then they could all be difficult. What do you want to do with the Educational Studies Minor? Are you going into teaching? If so I would recommend UL English or History courses which are part of YourPace.
I am going into teaching. This degree is to get a provisional certificate so I can teach while I get a Master's. I am going to be teaching Science and was hoping to do some Special Education ULs, but those aren't available in YourPace. Jessica sent me all the available courses to choose from. I don't want to do UL English if I can help it because I am working as a sub full time right now and don't want to do have to do any excessive writing. I know most of the finals are written assignments, and I am prepared for that, but the UL English classes I feel will be more critical of the writing and not just the content, so to speak. I did find some history courses I find interesting. I just wondered what others did to fill the gaps since there is only one UL EDU class that isn't included in the minor requirements.
(12-09-2021, 05:22 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: I am going into teaching.  This degree is to get a provisional certificate so I can teach while I get a Master's.  I am going to be teaching Science and was hoping to do some Special Education ULs, but those aren't available in YourPace.  Jessica sent me all the available courses to choose from.  I don't want to do UL English if I can help it because I am working as a sub full time right now and don't want to do have to do any excessive writing.  I know most of the finals are written assignments, and I am prepared for that, but the UL English classes I feel will be more critical of the writing and not just the content, so to speak.  I did find some history courses I find interesting.  I just wondered what others did to fill the gaps since there is only one UL EDU class that isn't included in the minor requirements.

The YourPace program is limited. You have to follow the YourPace website not the UMPI website which is for their on campus program. My BLS is filled with business courses which won't help a science or special ed teacher.
I suggest completing what is available with the BLS Minor in Educational Studies first before adding any extra courses, find out what courses are offered and what course you can see if Study.com or any other ACE provider has and transfer those in... other than that, you need to make sure you complete the bulk of the minor and upper level requirements at UMPI
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-09-2021, 02:14 PM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I am doing the BLS with a minor in Educational Studies starting in January.  I need to do 6 more upper level electives.  I was hoping they would be more education focused, but based on what Jessica sent me, I am not seeing stuff I was hoping for available through YourPace.  Sooo...my question is, what UL electives would you recommend that don't require a prereq that I probably don't have since these are coming from different study areas?  And which ones did you find easiest to get through and why?  Thanks!!  I am meeting with Jessica next week to get enrolled in classes and want to have a good idea of what I want to complete before we meet.
I second what the others have said. I'd wait and get your required classes done first and then check with Jessica. She may have sent you the list of what's available, but course offerings and details about final assessments change often (I asked for the course listing before my first term also and had to change my plans because stuff changed by the time I was ready to add anything else. Best of luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about UMPI BLS electives okk82798 11 987 11-13-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admission for GCE-Advance Level Holders fritzdale 16 1,110 11-08-2023, 04:38 PM
  I Need One Level 300/400 Elective MichaelDoesMarketing 10 1,139 10-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  Easy 300 Level Courses Hwt673 2 916 09-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Hwt673
  Sophia Credits as Electives kennetim000 4 821 09-12-2023, 03:54 AM
  Short Upper Level Electives - Need 4 more classes galileom 16 2,149 09-09-2023, 10:30 AM
  Upper Level Mcroberson 9 797 06-25-2023, 11:28 PM
  Upper Level Classes Error - BABA BSBRose21 6 966 06-21-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: LakeMomNY
  Upper level electives from study.com User47 5 744 06-11-2023, 01:35 AM
Big Grin UMPI ELECTIVES RECCOMENDATIONS Alim83 13 1,642 06-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Alim83