Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper level classes for liberal studies
Hi there, I’m getting my bachelor’s degree in liberal studies from Thomas Edison University

I’m in a time crunch and would love some help on finding the quickest and easiest upper level classes to take through alternative sites. I've done 2 lower division classes from study.com but am curious about other options before moving forward.

Also any recommendations on an easy class to cover the oral communications credit since TESU didn’t accept mine from jr college :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
TEEX Death Investigation was an easy upper level course.
(03-26-2022, 07:41 PM)utility Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation was an easy upper level course.

Has Death Investigation been re-approved?  It had expired end of last year and ACE told me they did not give it an extension - advising me to wait on taking it until it had gone through the process.  I've been patiently waiting so if it is back on the list that would be really good news for me.  TEEX still has it listed but it would be sad to pay and take the course and then not have ACE accept it Sad.  As an alternative even though I absolutely hate tests I have been able to do well with Coopersmith (using Quizlet study method) UL lib studies courses.
TEEX courses currently are expired and haven't been extended yet, the renewal for the courses have been submitted I recall from a previous post, however it will take a few months to get renewed.  I would put TEEX courses on the back burner until then... I'm not sure if you're looking for ACE, NCCRS or RA credits.

To answer OP's question in regards to UL courses, the cheapest, easiest, fastest should be the Davar Academy and LawShelf options, if you know the subject well enough Coopersmith may work as well... Otherwise, for ACE, Saylor.org has 4 and Study.com has the bulk of the upper level requirements.

Since you're taking Study.com, take this for Oral credit requirement: Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
OP, you may want to provide more details and follow this template: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
For reference, take a look at this link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
(03-26-2022, 09:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TEEX courses currently are expired and haven't been extended yet, the renewal for the courses have been submitted I recall from a previous post, however it will take a few months to get renewed.  I would put TEEX courses on the back burner until then... I'm not sure if you're looking for ACE, NCCRS or RA credits.

To answer OP's question in regards to UL courses, the cheapest, easiest, fastest should be the Davar Academy and LawShelf options, if you know the subject well enough Coopersmith may work as well... Otherwise, for ACE, Saylor.org has 4 and Study.com has the bulk of the upper level requirements.

Since you're taking Study.com, take this for Oral credit requirement: Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
OP, you may want to provide more details and follow this template: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
For reference, take a look at this link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
Awesome, I haven't checked at Davar, lawshelf or coopersmith so I'll look into it. Appreciate the info
For oral communication: Study.com's Communications 120 - Presentation Skills in the Workplace. You can finish in 1-2 days.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
janthonys Wrote:Awesome, I haven't checked at Davar, lawshelf or coopersmith so I'll look into it. Appreciate the info

Lawshelf.com is a newer provider, we know it goes to Excelsior but for TESU, you want to email academic advising to get them to add the courses to your degree plan, pretty much to see if it would come in properly. I wouldn't just take the course and hope it comes in, just to be safe, email them to see if it can go into the AOS or electives for the Liberal Arts/studies Area.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm not sure that a lot of LawShelf courses would work for a Lib Studies degree. They're legal/business courses, which mostly does not count as Liberal Studies.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(03-27-2022, 01:33 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For oral communication: Study.com's Communications 120 - Presentation Skills in the Workplace. You can finish in 1-2 days.

Communications 120 looks great. When did you take it? I just emailed my advisor to double check that it will transfer. Seems much easier than study.com's commucations-101
I took it a couple of years ago. Someone took it in the last couple of months and transferred it in, though.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,489 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 971 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 528 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 817 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,969 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help afro_knowledge 24 5,005 12-14-2022, 06:02 PM
  If classes start Monday, December 5th, are you enrolled? Insert Name 2 446 12-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Has anyone taken any of these classes? Insert Name 16 1,218 11-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Insert Name