Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL
Hi everyone,

I am researching the cheapest/fastest Masters I can get and based on my previous research I was leaning towards WGU's MSML which costs around $4,600 for a 6-month term. 

I recently discovered UMPI's MOAL which costs $2,000 per 8-week term and it has 12 classes. From my research, this program has a lot of papers and it would be unrealistic to expect to finish it in two terms?

Finally, I found UMass's MOAL at $3,500 for 6 months, and what piques my interest is that they have Project Management certification you can transfer in, but I couldn't find which one. I have two PM certifications, wondering if either would work. This could help bring the course load down and could be a good option. 

Does anyone have any more info on the UMPI and UMass programs? I read extensively about the WGU program but it seems like these two others could potentially be cheaper options.

Please note my BAAS is in Organizational Leadership, so I am comfortable with this content.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
UMASS and UMPI program is on the same Strut Learning system, however UMPI may have made it easier to complete. A few members have completed it in two sessions for $4K. I think if you have the energy/time to complete this, UMASS will work for you just to save a bit of cash. But for ease, speed to finish, WGU MSML is better, further to that, they have ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation if that matters to you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • GradSch369, Pikachu
(06-20-2022, 12:04 AM)mohelena02 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am researching the cheapest/fastest Masters I can get and based on my previous research I was leaning towards WGU's MSML which costs around $4,600 for a 6-month term. 

I recently discovered UMPI's MOAL which costs $2,000 per 8-week term and it has 12 classes. From my research, this program has a lot of papers and it would be unrealistic to expect to finish it in two terms?

Finally, I found UMass's MOAL at $3,500 for 6 months, and what piques my interest is that they have Project Management certification you can transfer in, but I couldn't find which one. I have two PM certifications, wondering if either would work. This could help bring the course load down and could be a good option. 

Does anyone have any more info on the UMPI and UMass programs? I read extensively about the WGU program but it seems like these two others could potentially be cheaper options.

Please note my BAAS is in Organizational Leadership, so I am comfortable with this content.

I can tell you that you're not eligible to transfer in the project management certificate. It's a specific certificate completed at a specific school in California. I went through this with them when they were transitioning to UMass Global from Brandman. The PMP does not apply to this program. 

UMPI's MAOL is extremely paper heavy. It's unlikely that it can be completed in 2 sessions. Yes someone did it in 1 however they were exempt from 3 classes due to completing their undergrad at UMPI. That person is definitely the exception and not the rule. 

UMPI's MAOL and UMAss Global's MSOL is the exact same degree. Same exact courses on the same learning platform. Some of the same professors.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • mohelena02, Pikachu, priceaction
(06-20-2022, 12:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 12:04 AM)mohelena02 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I can tell you that you're not eligible to transfer in the project management certificate. It's a specific certificate completed at a specific school in California. I went through this with them when they were transitioning to UMass Global from Brandman. The PMP does not apply to this program. 

UMPI's MAOL is extremely paper heavy. It's unlikely that it can be completed in 2 sessions. Yes someone did it in 1 however they were exempt from 3 classes due to completing their undergrad at UMPI. That person is definitely the exception and not the rule. 

UMPI's MAOL and UMAss Global's MSOL is the exact same degree. Same exact courses on the same learning platform. Some of the same professors.

Thanks for the input - I am leaning more towards the WGU MSML
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • WALLACEMC11
The fastest I've personally seen for UMPI's MAOL is 3 sessions. It took me 3 sessions, I finished it around the 6 month mark. They allowed me to skip 3 classes because of my BABA. I've seen two others done it in 3. I haven't seen any faster yet.

UMPI's and UMASS' MAOL was exactly the same (100%) identical until recently, where UMPI made theirs slightly easier and less involved.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • lucillegyl, Pikachu, Vle045, WALLACEMC11

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 498 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,834 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,380 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,117 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Any Master programs similar to UMPI? Ebroady23 6 1,383 10-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: xspect
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,911 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 5,043 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  New CBE Accelerated MBA from UMass Global Jonathan Whatley 2 1,504 03-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,796 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  master of arts in organizational leadership umpi kimmyk 2 1,192 11-28-2022, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ashkir