Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden Tempo MS General Psych - how is it?
(09-24-2020, 12:48 AM)warriortaupou Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 09:51 AM)xspect Wrote: I did a masters in tempo I/O psych now I'm in the PhD program.

How was the I/O Psych? Did you finish during the 3-month term? I looked at the PhD program briefly and it looked very costly (for me).

(09-03-2020, 08:26 PM)Supermind Wrote:
I will be pursuing the General Psychology option.

How is it going so far? I think I'm going to go for it. I was looking into the difference between the 2 programs: I/O vs Gen. How do you like? Do you think it will take more than 1 or 2 term(s) (3-months per)? I saw an option for 50% off life for both-Tempo, which is why I am considering this...plus I want this for working overseas (on an island lol). I don't recall if there is a statistics requirement, so that will be challenging if there is. I have not done college math in forever. Guess I'll need to freshen (ummm, immersion!) on those skillsets.
Going good so far. It is definitely intense and time consuming. I think completing in 1 term might not be possible unless you transfer in At least 10 graduate credits. I am spending close to 50 hours each week, and if I maintain my current pace, I might still require two terms to complete. Writing those assignments takes quite some time. So far, I managed to clear my assignments in the first attempt. But I am told there are some professors who are so fastidious- even about a comma or period in APA references- that it is impossible to get past them in a single attempt. So, I am building up my courage and confidence to face these ‘sharks’ soon!  Smile  
Not sure about the 50% reduction. I was told that the Tempo learning format is already greatly discounted, and so, no additional discounts are offered. I am an international student. Perhaps, there are still discounts for US-based students.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-24-2020, 10:22 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 09:51 AM)xspect Wrote: I did a masters in tempo I/O psych now I'm in the PhD program.

How was the I/O Psych? Did you finish during the 3-month term? I looked at the PhD program briefly and it looked very costly (for me).

How is it going so far? I think I'm going to go for it. I was looking into the difference between the 2 programs: I/O vs Gen. How do you like? Do you think it will take more than 1 or 2 term(s) (3-months per)? I saw an option for 50% off life for both-Tempo, which is why I am considering this...plus I want this for working overseas (on an island lol). I don't recall if there is a statistics requirement, so that will be challenging if there is. I have not done college math in forever. Guess I'll need to freshen (ummm, immersion!) on those skillsets.
Going good so far. It is definitely intense and time consuming. I think completing in 1 term might not be possible unless you transfer in At least 10 graduate credits. I am spending close to 50 hours each week, and if I maintain my current pace, I might still require two terms to complete. Writing those assignments takes quite some time. So far, I managed to clear my assignments in the first attempt. But I am told there are some professors who are so fastidious- even about a comma or period in APA references- that it is impossible to get past them in a single attempt. So, I am building up my courage and confidence to face these ‘sharks’ soon!  Smile  
Not sure about the 50% reduction. I was told that the Tempo learning format is already greatly discounted, and so, no additional discounts are offered. I am an international student. Perhaps, there are still discounts for US-based students.

Ah okay! I will have to find out from them about costs. I don't think I can afford 3 terms at the full tempo price. I'm paying for my daughter's courses, and she's my priority. But, I hope to have a Masters so I can work at a certain level overseas. I won't be able to make anywhere near what we make in the U.S. so cost is definitely a major factor. I put an application in last night, and we'll see how it goes. I definitely update. And you are right, I've seen people complain about missing a comma or not using proper APA7 format. I wish you all the best! Keep in touch.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/li...me-savings
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • warriortaupou
natshar

https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/li...me-savings

Thank you natshar, this is the link I saw. I was worried bcoz some people said they didn't get the 50% off, but I'm guessing that they are not in the U.S. 

Supermind: What country are you located?

Alt Credit:

Angel 
I believe supermind is in India.

Here is the international stuff. But notice it excludes all Tempo. https://www.waldenu.edu/financial-aid/li...ernational

Even if someone were to finish in one or two terms even without the discount the price is a steal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • warriortaupou
I just got off the phone with Erica (sp?) from Enrollment. The fee is ~$2,700 per term (3-months) for the MS Gen Psychology (Tempo). I thought based on another forum thread that the price was about $1,700 after the 50% discount. She said that may have been the price 2-years ago. The current price above reflects the discount. She said the program normally costs ~$25,000...so roughly $10,000 which is hugely discounted. I asked and she said no (supposedly) restrictions on how quickly you move through; although, one of the FB groups has students whose Professors were (Learning Coaches) were either very particular or offered no guidance at all. I asked for statistics of program completion, she said none at this time since it's still fairly new...but offered that 50% prefer standard classroom.

I don’t want to end up paying $10,000 (yes it’s a good price)!for a Masters and owe money while working in a 3rd world country since I’ll be making pennies. Ugh.

Alt Credit:

Angel 
I am based in India. One of the Walden alumni here on this forum was kind enough to provide a referral link that would help me avail a 15% discount. But on my call with Walden, I discovered even that discount is not offered for the Tempo track. Like natshar says, this is a very good price for an RA masters. Also, Walden is quite flexible with payments. During a 3-month term, you are allowed to pay in as many installments as is comfortable for you. Just that you need to settle it completely before the term ends. You could also consider pausing between two terms, and resuming later if that helps you manage your finances more effectively. You are not automatically billed for the next term.
With regards to how many terms it will take to complete the program, the first module of the MS-Psychology program actually gives a detailed breakdown of time demands. So, 1 credit requires 28 hours of engagement. Based on that you could calculate and create a time management schedule. I am currently averaging 25 hours per credit.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-24-2020, 10:24 PM)Supermind Wrote: I am based in India. One of the Walden alumni here on this forum was kind enough to provide a referral link that would help me avail a 15% discount. But on my call with Walden, I discovered even that discount is not offered for the Tempo track. Like natshar says, this is a very good price for an RA masters. Also, Walden is quite flexible with payments. During a 3-month term, you are allowed to pay in as many installments as is comfortable for you. Just that you need to settle it completely before the term ends. You could also consider pausing between two terms, and resuming later if that helps you manage your finances more effectively. You are not automatically billed for the next term.
With regards to how many terms it will take to complete the program, the first module of the MS-Psychology program actually gives a detailed breakdown of time demands. So, 1 credit requires 28 hours of engagement. Based on that you could calculate and create a time management schedule. I am currently averaging 25 hours per credit.

Ahhh India! Yes, someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. It is one of my favorite places. 

I haven't seen the program, so I don't want to be surprised after signing up. At this point, I think I will decline the offer of admission. A good price, but not doable for me as the provider of my family, especially since I don't necessarily know how many terms can be most reasonably done for completion. I need to get my daughter through school. For me, an incomplete Masters is money down the drain, which I cannot afford to expend. I was looking at this for a job overseas when we move in a few years; but, I will just roll with the punches when the time comes for that situation. If Walden U follows through with the cost that others mentioned previously, then I'm going for it. But, it is not looking like it will go that route. I am grateful that I at least have a Bachelors, unfortunately paid most of it out of my pocket before I discovered this site. Wasted my GIBill time due to family, working, and surviving. I could really use it today, missed Post 9-11 GIBill by a few months. 

Thanks for responding and all the best. Sounds like you are doing fabulous! Cheers.

Alt Credit:

Angel 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,044 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,272 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,346 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,429 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Psych Master Degree TINASAM 9 1,312 03-06-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheapest Masters in Psych? jsd 7 1,223 01-04-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 935 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,137 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 919 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095