Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden Tempo MS General Psych - how is it?
Hello!

@Supermind and @yrot21 how is this so far? 

Anyone else that has taken this please feel free to pop in and comment too!

TIA!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Hi. I will be starting my first term on Sept. 7th. Will let you know.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 2 users Like Supermind's post:
  • suzycupcake, warriortaupou
Hey, thanks for creating this thread.  I'm thinking of applying but deferring the start date until a month or two later as I am working on a few more courses for "fun & learning".  Is there any voucher code for the application fee?  I recall there was an option a few months ago for a voucher code but I may have missed it.  Their Tempo programs are randomly discounting differently, they're providing either a $1500+ off the first term, the first term only at 50% off, or 50% off the life of the program.  Oh, are you all going the General Psychology option or the I/O option?  I think I'm leaning towards the I/O as it's more geared for business/industrial/organizational fields.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
I think there are no discounts for the Tempo track. In fact, one of the members in this forum tried sending me an alumni referral link to help me with a 15% discount. But it looks like discounts only apply to the course-based option, and not the Tempo track. I may be wrong, and there might be discounts for US citizens. Not sure.

I will be pursuing the General Psychology option.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • suzycupcake
When I looked last week it was 50% off for the Tempo General Psych. It may also have been for the I/O. I want to say it was. I'm not really doing this for a career move but rather a personal interest and since work pays 10k/yr for tuition assistance I figure nows a good time. At the same time I also think, why would I do this on purpose if I don't need it? Ugh - the voices in my head! Tongue
Started June 2022

Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
Good to know. Like I said, perhaps, there are tuition reductions for US residents. Are you ok with lots of writing in the MS program? Your profile says ‘Hates writing essays.’

Hello! I'm still working on my bachelors degree but was curious for various future options as to getting a license to practice counseling/therapy....Are competency based programs just as accepted to get licensed and is there any negative factor for seeking employment? THe ability to finish quick is a huge motivator! Also if one is living abroad how can they accrue counseling hours in practice? Is that not part of the Masters degree plan? Thanks if anyone has any info.!
(09-03-2020, 11:09 PM)Supermind Wrote: Good to know. Like I said, perhaps, there are tuition reductions for US residents. Are you ok with lots of writing in the MS program? Your profile says ‘Hates writing essays.’

Oh I still hate them!  It's a necessary evil but I feel like I can do anything after writing a 27 page capstone paper (which I got 100% on - woohoo!). 

If I did a non-competency based program I think there is still writing, right?
Started June 2022

Yep. No escape from academic writing whatsoever! Congratulations on your Capstone.

(09-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Supermind Wrote: Yep. No escape from academic writing whatsoever! Congratulations on your Capstone.

Darn! I knew it couldn’t be that easy!  Thank you!
Started June 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,272 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,336 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,405 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,514 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,505 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Psych Master Degree TINASAM 9 1,335 03-06-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheapest Masters in Psych? jsd 7 1,263 01-04-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 977 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,457 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 955 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095