Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was pursuing my BSBA in CIS but decided to knock out ASBA first.
I'll check with the Bursar. It was only an academic advisor who confirmed.

My employer isn't forcing me. I would only want to do it if there is no additional fee.

Thanks!
Vin Wrote:I'll check with the Bursar. It was only an academic advisor who confirmed.

My employer isn't forcing me. I would only want to do it if there is no additional fee.

Thanks!

I just personally would not want to pay the fee for an AA, it makes the AA more expensive than the other Big 3 schools, and is just not worth it in my opinion. It will not advance your career.

Also, if somehow life gets in the way, and you don't finish your BSBA at TESU, then you've paid the money for a somewhat useless degree, hoping that it was going to apply to your future degree. Unless you were very close to getting your BSBA, I just wouldn't spend the money.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Vin Wrote:I confirmed with TESU you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee once. That being said is their any reason not to do this?

I would do the Associates en route to the Bachelors, since there is no additional cost, you can pay 1 residency waiver/grad fee if you get both at the same time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:I would do the Associates en route to the Bachelors, since there is no additional cost, you can pay 1 residency waiver/grad fee if you get both at the same time.

What's the point of getting an ASBA and BSBA from the same school, at the same time? Useless.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:What's the point of getting an ASBA and BSBA from the same school, at the same time? Useless.

I got two super cool degree folders, so there's that.
[SIZE=6]Aurelius
[/SIZE]

BSBA – General Management (Completed)

Graduation – June 9, 2017
Commencement – September 23, 2017

Study.com – Labor Relations 89%; Principles of Supv 91%; HR Management 94%; Prin of Finance 83%; Globalization & Intl Mgt 87%; Pers Finance 88%; Prin of Marketing 87%; Digital Mkt & Adv 94%; Bus Comm 92%
StraighterLine – Acct I 90%; Acct II 83%; Macro 92%; Micro 92%; Intro to Religion 87%; American Govt 88%; Bus Law 86%; Fin Accounting 84%; Mgr Accounting 84%; Intro to Comm 93%; Prin of Mgt 89%; Intro to Env Science 92%; Intro to Nutrition 89%
ALEKS – Beg Algebra; Int Algebra; College Algebra; PreCalculus; Intro to Stats
The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code
Kaplan University - Doc Your Exp for College Credit
NFA – Comm Safety Educators; Fire Service Sprvn
TEEX – CS for Everyone; CS for Bus Prof; CS for IT Prof
University of South Florida (USF) – Comp 1 & 2; Various history and music courses
TESU - Comp Concepts and App – 87%; Strategic Management - 81%
Vin Wrote:I confirmed with TESU you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee once. That being said is their any reason not to do this?

Vin Wrote:I'll check with the Bursar. It was only an academic advisor who confirmed.

Thanks!

bjcheung77 Wrote:I would do the Associates en route to the Bachelors, since there is no additional cost, you can pay 1 residency waiver/grad fee if you get both at the same time.

Further to what you and I mentioned, if there's no additional cost, I don't see a downside to doing it at all...
Some people like to get additional parchments for FREE! As some like to have that extra "paper" to show off.
The utility of it isn't much, it's on equal terms with the AA/AS or even the now popular BOG AAS terminal degree.

If it's "FREE", I wouldn't mind getting one either, some people pay big bucks for that extra sheet of useless paper.
I know people who like to take baby steps to getting their degree and they like to have that associates (including me).
Or others use it as a personal goal or pace setter, if you are going to be finishing the BSBA at the same time, perfect!

As long as you are getting your BSBA at the same time as the ASBA, it's not going to cost an extra grad/residency fee.
That being said, I would say this is the best option for you as the BOG AAS is out of reach for individuals using only ACE/NCCRS.
Moreover, it'll actually be a few bucks cheaper than the BOG AAS, you don't have to send your transcripts out TWICE.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The way I see it I need 36 credits to complete an ASBA. It would take an additional 36 credits to get a BSBA. If there's no additional cost then getting the ASBA should give me a sense of accomplishment. I would think it would also look better to prospective employers.
Vin Wrote:The way I see it I need 36 credits to complete an ASBA. It would take an additional 36 credits to get a BSBA. If there's no additional cost then getting the ASBA should give me a sense of accomplishment. I would think it would also look better to prospective employers.

I wouldn't count on prospective employers being impressed by it. I worked in HR for years, and we NEVER looked at an AA as anything useful. We either wanted someone with a BA/BS, or a certain amount of experience. An AA didn't cut it.

This obviously does not apply to jobs where an AA/AS/AAS is required like a nurse or fireman or something like that. But I wasn't in those fields, I was in business.
I understand what you are saying and we could probably debate this till no end but at the end of the day which looks better, the person with no degree or the person with an ASBA?
dfrecore Wrote:We either wanted someone with a BA/BS, or a certain amount of experience. An AA didn't cut it.

I got an AA because government jobs (I was looking at) all seemed to want a BA with X number of years or an AA with X+2 years. No option for HS Diploma with X+4.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,784 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,047 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,075 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,682 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,294 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,039 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,511 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,153 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,539 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,834 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98