Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia University at Parkersburg AA program
So a couple of weeks ago someone on this board mention getting the degree from West Virginia University at Parkersburg with little trouble using transfer in credit. I researched this online, and I have applied, and am submitting transcripts now.

What I could not find out was how much it would cost to receive the AA degree assuming you fulfill 100% of the degree requirements. Any feedback from someone with experience would be very helpful.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
This is all of the information I could find, and the FAQ was not useful. So I wonder if this school would award a degree if you dont need to take any classes. If so what would the costs be. I will be calling to find out soon.

Board of Governors – AAS pdf Board of Governors AAS Program Requirements: Total Credit Hours: 60 General Education-21 credit hours (15 WVU Parkersburg credits needed)

Communications – 6 hours
Social Science/Humanities – 6 hours
Computer literacy – 3 hours
Math/Science – 6 hours

General Electives-39 credit hours Credit hour requirements may be met through a variety of means:
Traditional coursework
Work and life experiences
Standardized exams
Institutional challenge exams
Military training (must order transcripts)
Evaluation of non-collegiate sponsored instruction
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
You're a month or more late to the game, they've changed their residency requirements to 15 credits.
That means, you have to take 5 courses with them and their AAS is more expensive than an AA/AS at the Big 3.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:You're a month or more late to the game, they've changed their residency requirements to 15 credits.
That means, you have to take 5 courses with them and their AAS is more expensive than an AA/AS at the Big 3.

The AA/AS at COSC is less expensive, but too expensive at TESU in my opinion (with the $2,000 residency credit).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thats really too bad since I have been working on this for about a month now. I have an email pending with them so I will see what their response will be.
Can the TESU $2000 be applied to only one degree or can I use this amount for the AA and my BA program?
vetvso Wrote:Can the TESU $2000 be applied to only one degree or can I use this amount for the AA and my BA program?

This is one of those situations where the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing over there at TESU; there have been conflicting emails posted on this forum from different people at TESU, so I'm going to go with no one is sure right now.

Here's what we know for sure: If you pay the $2,000 waiver for your AA, and then get your BA within a year, it WILL count. BUT, if you don't apply to get your BA within a year, no one knows for sure what will happen.

So, I would say that if you had a plan, and were enrolled, and knew exactly what you were going to do for both your AA and your BA, and were within maybe 30cr of getting your BA, then I would apply for graduation with your AA. BUT, then I would not let ANYTHING on this planet stop me from completing the BA within 9 months or so, including the BA capstone. If you had even the slightest hesitation about it, I would wait to get the AA until you were much closer to the BA being done.

And for you, with the AAS, you have another capstone in there to take! So you're already at $1500 for that capstone, and then another $1500 capstone for the BA, plus the $2000 waiver. That's a lot of money to be messing with.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I tried going the west virginia university at parksburg.
Check out my thread for more info.
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...s-bog.html
Just the thread I was about to go looking for, Morig. Congrats again!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I complained to them about deceptive practices usually displayed by for profit schools, plus at the time their website didn't reflect the changes. They gave me a waiver and reduced my residency to 1 course. You should call the RBA program and inquire about a waiver.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Potomac? anyone take classes there frank.f.franky 3 1,690 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Uexcel and University of Wisconsin PA Program sanantone 0 1,159 12-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Thomas Edison State University Selects New President jsd 3 2,173 12-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU 2nd Accelerated BSN Program docmarvin 3 1,645 11-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Excelsior Nursing Program Approved for Continued Acceptance in Texas sanantone 0 1,152 09-02-2017, 05:53 AM
  question about math electives tesu program will1975 10 3,094 08-16-2017, 01:16 AM
  Transfering to a state university question(what's the best way to do it!) Yung Bukket 1 936 07-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: CM1999
  Excelsior College's Nursing Program and Texas Acceptance sanantone 0 1,871 05-30-2017, 09:51 AM
  TESU CPA Program mccatm 2 1,055 05-26-2017, 10:24 AM