Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most test friendly BALS
So looking at options today and I was wondering what is the most test friendly BALS now in 2017?
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:So looking at options today and I was wondering what is the most test friendly BALS now in 2017?

Are you asking which school? A certain concentration?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes Smile

I suspect it is TESU from a school perspective but I certainly didn't want to limit any response
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
45cr down
Only tests or including Straighterline, Study, Saylor and friends?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I think that makes sense to include them, people may find either option helpful
45cr down
All 3 schools are about even, although TESU accepts more things as UL and/or 6cr CLEPS, while they also require fewer UL credits (15cr UL in the AOS in addition to the Capstone, EC and COSC require 30cr UL throughout the degree).

You're a little more limited on UL credits through the normal channels, since there are few to no options from Saylor, SL, CLEP, Shmoop, ALEKS, DSST, and Study.com.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that COSC and EC will take Business courses (of which there are a lot, and many UL) in their BALS degrees, while TESU will not (except in Free Electives). So that may even things out a bit.

I would really say that any of the Big 3 is good, and similar in cost.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Good summary, but does TESU added concentration in business effect how they accept business credits?

Any insights on concentrations?
45cr down
If you specifically want the BALS at TESU I know study.com has three psychology courses (103, 104 and 105) that all count as UL. There is a Business Organizational Behavior class that comes across as Psychology UL. The Vietnam course on study.com also comes across as UL. On shmoop there are 2 or 3 that come across as UL Literature courses. I know Modernist Lit and Holocaust Lit are definitely UL and I think Women in Lit is UL too. Without a concentration you only need 5 of those 8 listed here.

Business is completely different - many more options from many other providers.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:If you specifically want the BALS at TESU I know study.com has three psychology courses (103, 104 and 105) that all count as UL. There is a Business Organizational Behavior class that comes across as Psychology UL. The Vietnam course on study.com also comes across as UL. On shmoop there are 2 or 3 that come across as UL Literature courses. I know Modernist Lit and Holocaust Lit are definitely UL and I think Women in Lit is UL too. Without a concentration you only need 5 of those 8 listed here.

Business is completely different - many more options from many other providers.

Good to know, doesn't sound like there is an easy option for the psychology concentration but just a BALS looks very possible
45cr down
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:Good summary, but does TESU added concentration in business effect how they accept business credits?

Any insights on concentrations?

That I don't know - except that the General Management concentration under the BALS is very specific about which 6 courses you have to take. A couple are not able to be tested out of. So that's not a test-friendly BALS even if they accepted additional business courses into the Gen Ed or something like that.

I don't THINK they take business courses into Gen Ed, but I really don't know how that new concentration thing works at all. It's a bit confusing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,013 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,158 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,724 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,922 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Finance by test out clarkin16 5 1,870 08-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS, is the emphasis written on the transcript? posabsolute 21 5,067 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: badooble
  California teaching credential w/ a test-out degree 12save 3 1,589 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Last Post: kevinmane
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,097 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  BALS plan Johmford 62 17,266 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,238 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute