Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do YOU clep?
I live in a small town in NC near Seymore Johnson Air force base. I've had quite a time finding a center to CLEP in. If only my live in bf and I were married! I'd be a dependent and I'd have great flexibility clepping on base. As it were, I do not have this option. I became very excited when I found out I could take cleps at two near by colleges, only to have my bubble burst when I found out that I can only take 1 clep in a day at either school. This makes things difficult considering they only administer tests 1 day of the month 9 months out of the year. I can take one test at a specific time and I have to schedule up to a month in advance.

So I ask you, where do YOU clep? Many have reported that they've been able to take multiple cleps in a single day scheduling 2 or 3 days in advance. Some even report they can test on Saturday! Where are you finding these lovely testing centers?! Your help is greatly appreciated. I have a degree plan, a brain and only 24 tests to knock out one by one. Then I'll have a degree. I want it so very badly.
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
sheba,
I do my CLEPs in 2 private colleges (40 miles away) and 1 community college. One of the privates has DSST once a month on Saturdays, another has it on Fridays: that's two DSST a month. CLEPs are also done on different days of the month: something like 3rd Thursday and 2nd Wednesday of the month.
The best though is my Community College (35 miles away). CLEP and DSST are accepted every day from 9 to 2PM. That's more than I can get prepared for.
Go to this link you can find the closest test center, eventhough you have to drive 1hr or more to get to the test center, remember how many time and how many mile in a semester, regular students (in a traditional education) have to go to get 3cr from their institution.. that should keep you motivated Wink

CLEP Test Center Search
get married, problem solved. you are welcome Smile
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
originalbigjim Wrote:get married, problem solved. you are welcome Smile

Dont get married for anything beside love !! not even for free Cleps hilarious
hahahaha Very funny, Big Jim! I would LOVE to marry him! I think we are on that road, in fact. But I plan on being done with my degree in 8 months. I'm pretty sure we'll still be dating for that period of time. Big Grin

Ali4nia thanks so much for the info. If I find just a couple of centers I can test in on Saturday I will dance a jig in my living room. I will definitely take a look at that link. I don't care how far I have to drive, really. Once I felt totally prepared for Intro to Sociology in just a couple of days I was ready to just get started!
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
There's a test center only 20 mins away by train here in NY. They give tests from 10-4, 4 o clock being the latest you can come for the test, but as long as your in the seat by 4 then you have up until you're done with the test, plus they give tests on Saturdays from 10-1. Anyone that lives in NY, look up ASA Institute and presto. I'd suggest you go with the other poster's advice and do a search online for a testing center closest to you. Or you can always marry him to CLEP out then divorce after you get your degree lol j/k. Good luck on your road.
Sheba,

Looks like some choices for you would be JCC in Smithfield, Barton College in Wilson and NC Wesleyan in Rocky Mount. There are also several test centers in the Raleigh/Durham area. A trip to Raleigh might not be too bad if you can find a place that will schedule multiple tests per day.

good luck!
I took all of mine at Arizona State University - West Campus. I was in there so often that the ladies knew me by name and would let me take however many tests a day I wanted.

My advice would be to find one testing center where the staff aren't sticklers for the rules and try to make friends there. After all, if you're cool with someone they're more likely to hook you up.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
Hi, I love this thread. I am spoiled because the local community college is about 5 miles from my house and they let me take as many CLEP tests in one day as I am stupid enough to sign up for (although I've never taken more than 1 at a time).

The Dantes tests; however, are a different matter entirely. My preferred testing location is almost an hour away and because of that I usually try to take 2 at a time. Also, when I take 2 tests they only charge me their "testing fee" for 1 test. So, I save $15 by taking 2. I know, I know, $15 isn't a huge incentive but I probably save another $15 in gas. So, you know it adds up.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 862 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,333 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,653 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,288 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,242 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,174 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,350 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,095 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar