Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is your favorite Caribbean Beach?
Al Inclusive features · Occidental Grand Cozumel · Resort in Mexico

This is an all inclusive resort in Cozumel.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Thank You all for your ideas and suggestions. We ended up picking a place just because it was an offer we couldn't refuse. Groupon offered a 7 day all inclusive with airfare from Buffalo. We had looked at this resort and its reviews on travel pro and expedia and it looked good but the best price was over $3500 for 2, that was more than we wanted to spend. With groupon we have Roundtrip airfare from Buffalo and 7 nights at the All-Inclusive Gran Ventana Beach Resort it is the Puerto Plata, Dominica Republic and it was just over $1900 for 2. We hope it is as nice as it looks and sounds in most reviews, most places have a couple of bad reviews but the long list of positives on the reviews for this resort make it sound good.

I am keeping all of your suggestions and links for our next trip . This year is not just our anniversary it is also a big birthday for me that I am not happy about. My younger hubby (yes I robbed the cradle) will reach my agg in a little over 2 years so maybe we will try a different island for that one.

Thank you all again and Thank you for the well wishes.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
That is a good deal. Let me know how traveling with Groupon works out. Call me a skeptic, but I need to know that is tried and true.

Have a great time!!!

Lindagerr Wrote:Thank You all for your ideas and suggestions. We ended up picking a place just because it was an offer we couldn't refuse. Groupon offered a 7 day all inclusive with airfare from Buffalo. We had looked at this resort and its reviews on travel pro and expedia and it looked good but the best price was over $3500 for 2, that was more than we wanted to spend. With groupon we have Roundtrip airfare from Buffalo and 7 nights at the All-Inclusive Gran Ventana Beach Resort it is the Puerto Plata, Dominica Republic and it was just over $1900 for 2. We hope it is as nice as it looks and sounds in most reviews, most places have a couple of bad reviews but the long list of positives on the reviews for this resort make it sound good.

I am keeping all of your suggestions and links for our next trip . This year is not just our anniversary it is also a big birthday for me that I am not happy about. My younger hubby (yes I robbed the cradle) will reach my agg in a little over 2 years so maybe we will try a different island for that one.

Thank you all again and Thank you for the well wishes.
Use promo code STUDENTAMB395 on your next straighterline course! #SLambassador

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

― Benjamin Disraeli
Yeah that does sound like a good deal. And 2 years is not robbing the cradle, I don't even think that qualifies you as a cougar these days lol. Have fun on your well deserved vacation!!!
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
OK guys we got back from our Groupon trip Thursday night. I wanted to give an update on how groupon worked. We had a 'EXELENTE!!!" time. We had no problems with the flights or airport transfers, room was as advertised, resort was all we had hoped for. We made lots of friends, food was good a la cart restaurants were classy. The staff were the friendliest I have ever met, always a smile and an Hola. I would definetly use Groupon again. By the time we bought insurance (we were wworried about problems from snow up here) and airport transfers the whole thing 6 nights, 7 days all inclusive with flight and taxes came to $2336 for 2 people. The only expenses we had were bartender tips($1-$2) every couple of rounds, and other server tips I would say about $60. 2 big things I want to remind others of. Bring your own sun block!! They wanted $24-$29 for a 8oz tube of Banana Boat!!! Second when they tell you don't drink the tap water they mean in any way, some people used it to brush their teeth and had a little problem. They give you a gallon a day in your room for drinking and you can always get water at any of the bars or restaurants. Those were things I wish I knew before I went. The beach and grounds of the resort were very clean and well kept and there was truly something for everyone from the youngest to the oldest.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks for the advice, and it's nice to know that you had such a nice time. Knock on wood, but I've been lucky with Groupon, too. (I haven't used it for travelling, however.) The people I've met who have been to the DR have really enjoyed it.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your favorite sport? HorseManiac 19 2,632 07-27-2015, 05:10 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  Favorite Classic Literature? swf 10 1,615 09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ZsaZsa
  Favorite Book Overall! nick94 71 8,612 09-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Last Post: MomOfMany
  What's your favorite type of dessert? CollegeStudent7 40 5,124 05-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Last Post: jmichelle79
  Your Favorite Test burbuja0512 15 2,775 11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Last Post: TMW2010
  Aloha - Waikiki Beach!! ShotoJuku 15 2,541 03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Favorite Authors Librevore 19 4,163 07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Danielp248