Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Book Overall!
Favorite Book anyone? Looking at the Mark Twain forum I thought I would post a spot for people to say their favorite book overall. For people like me who would like to read nonstop if they could this might be hard... in that case list your top three books.

My Favorite, because of the meaning and impact of it on my life, is a book I read recently called, What's So Amazing About Grace? By Philip Yancey
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
One of my favorite books in the world is Copper Sun by Sharon Draper... and Huck Finn. Two totally different types, but favorites all the same! I also love the Maximum Ride series, but only the first 3...
I absolutely love The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's fantastic. Oh, another good one is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. I love to read anything that's not a textbook - Rolleyes
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Besides the Bible, I like:

Historical Non-Fiction: 1776, by David McCullough

Theology: The Holiness of God, by R.C. Sproul, and Heaven, by Randy Alcorn

Classic: Silas Marner (?), by George Eliot [I haven't read too many classics from cover to cover, although I'm familiar with the plots of many - I love Les Miserables, Treasure Island, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.]

Shakespeare: Macbeth

Historical Fiction: In Freedom's Cause, by G.A. Henty

Fiction: Fuse of Armageddon, by Hank Hanegraaff and Sigmund Brouwer

I'm sure I'll think of more...Rolleyes

Currently, I'm reading DisneyWar, by James B. Stewart....it's about the power struggle between Michael Eisner and Roy Disney...very interesting.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Favorite book? That's...well...impossible. But here's a start:

Theological: The Bible, The Great Divorce

Fantasy: The Lord of the Rings, Redwall (series)

Romance: Pride and Prejudice (no, I am not a woman)

Non-Fiction: A History of the American People by Paul Johnson
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Oh, I've seen a lot of my favorites mentioned!

My absolute favorite book besides the Bible is...

Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. It's a novel, but based on real events regarding the underground church in China. An absolutely amazing book.

Let's see... some other favorites include:

History: 1776 and John Adams by David McCullough and The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall/David Manuel

Historical Fiction: I could list hundreds... but right now I am really enjoying the A.D. Chronicles by Bodie and Brock Thoene.

Fantasy: The Chronicles of Narnia

Theology: The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis and anything by C.S. Lewis. Big Grin

And I heartily echo whoever said they read anything other than a textbook! Smile
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
Anything by Tom Robbins. "Jitterbug Perfume" is my fav. though. Michio Kaku is another of my favorite authors, he really gets the imagination going. An old, old fav. is "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]Bachelor of Science - Excelsior College[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Areas of Focus: Administrative/Management & Health Professions[/SIZE][/COLOR]
For me it would be anything and everything Jane Austen. Also Ethan Frome and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:For me it would be anything and everything Jane Austen.
Hear, hear! Her wit is something delightful. Never has the commonplace taken on such an uncommon guise.

Quote:Also Ethan Frome and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.
You should talk with my mom (Latin Tea on the IC Forum): she loves Edith Wharton's books, and has read just about all of her main works.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Ruddigore Wrote:Fantasy: The Lord of the Rings, Redwall (series)

Hurray for Tolkien and Jacques! These are Great Series!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management book bundle rachel83az 2 651 01-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Write a Book dewisant 13 2,101 06-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  19 year old book carebear_007 3 886 03-19-2021, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  my book is free today! cookderosa 2 1,020 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Cookderosa's new book --- Homeschooling For College Credit Daithi 37 8,002 06-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Bill Gates offers all US grads a free book MNomadic 4 1,391 06-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  What's your favorite sport? HorseManiac 19 2,649 07-27-2015, 05:10 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  Amazon book sale coupon code - HOLIDAY30, 30% off any printed book OfficerA 1 1,207 11-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: lavagirl
  Favorite Classic Literature? swf 10 1,643 09-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ZsaZsa
  Judge a book by it's cover - ink and metal mrs.b 15 1,799 08-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512