Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find YourPace courses offered
Hello. Currently accepted and transcript review done at UMPI. Set up for Fall 1 2022, so that I can complete my last courses on Sophia over the Summer. I haven’t been able to connect with Jessica yet as she has been out sick working from home. I am curious where I can look at YourPace courses offered for Fall 2022? I’m logged in to Maine Street and have tried thru Class Search etc?? Thank you!
You can't view what courses are being offered in the fall. There is not a published list of YourPace courses. There's nothing in MaineStreet for hte YourPace courses. You have to wait for your academic advisor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • NJgirl
(04-29-2022, 09:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You can't view what courses are being offered in the fall. There is not a published list of YourPace courses. There's nothing in MaineStreet for hte YourPace courses. You have to wait for your academic advisor.
Ok, thank you! Good to know so I quit searching until I connect with Jessica. Patience Smile
Patience is absolutely necessary at UMPI. It's a VERY small school with an incredibly small staff. Jessica has been out sick all week I believe. On campus is heading into exams and Commencement is next Saturday so things are crazy stupid busy there right now.
Which degree are you going for at UMPI? You may want to share your evaluation without your personal info. The majority of courses may not be offered each and every term, so I suggest you decide on the degree and major/minor. You can review their catalog and make sure you've transferred the max to their program. Select the few you can complete when you start by going through that list they have for the major/minor of choice.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-30-2022, 08:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Which degree are you going for at UMPI?  You may want to share your evaluation without your personal info.  The majority of courses may not be offered each and every term, so I suggest you decide on the degree and major/minor.  You can review their catalog and make sure you've transferred the max to their program.  Select the few you can complete when you start by going through that list they have for the major/minor of choice.

Almost every course is now offered every session. This changed in Fall 2021. There is NO catalog for YourPace!!! The catalog on the UMPI website for ON CAMPUS students. Few of those courses exist in YourPace. The descriptions do not match the Strut courses either for most of the business courses. I don't know about the other departments and how they line up. Your academic advisor works with you to select your courses. They have to follow what's in the degree evaluation.
My understanding is YourPace has all required courses per term. The in-residence students have limited class selection per term. Jessica should be providing you with a evaluation and a course list. This will outline what classes you need to complete and what the final looks like.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
(05-11-2022, 12:46 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: My understanding is YourPace has all required courses per term. The in-residence students have limited class selection per term. Jessica should be providing you with a evaluation and a course list. This will outline what classes you need to complete and what the final looks like.

There are still a couple of courses that are only available once per semester. The ones I know about are sequential and typically both are taken. The professor who teaches them teaches quite a few YourPace courses, is a full time on campus professor, and an administrator in the U of M system. She's crazy busy.

The evaluation you mention is the degree audit. There isn't 1 course list. Jessica has multiple files from the different departments of what's offered. All of the lists do not include info about the Final Assessment for some reason. I really do wish they would make some sort of PDF catalog of courses that students could refer to. I think when YourPace was initially introduced the students didn't select courses. Even when I first started I was told what to take. That changed over time and I got to pick my classes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 238 5 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is 14 courses in 2 terms possible for psychology major? mattbau43 6 201 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 183 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 702 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,537 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 295 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 1,044 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 368 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 320 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 954 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM