Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will COSC review unofficial transcripts?
(04-08-2021, 09:02 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Thank you for breaking it down like that.  I think I need pretty much all of those.  
The computer classes I took for my degree would be totally outdated and irrelevant. 

I took Business Law and additional computer classes at Tri-State Business institute.  

I am doing a Marketing class right now on Onlinedegree.com

For math:
MA 217 Probability & Statistics (at IUP)
MATH 104 Finite Math (at Edinboro)

So I guess my plan would have to include figuring out which of those classes I might be able to knock out on Sophia, etc first.

Oh, and how were you able to find how TSBI was accredited?

So COSC won't take Business Law from an NA school, nor will they take Marketing from OD (it's NCCRS and not on their approved provider list); nor will the Stats course work for them.

EC will take the Business Law course, since they take NA courses; and they'll most likely take the Marketing course; and they'll take Stats.

TESU will take the Stats course, and probably the Marketing one.

I think your best bet is to just decide on a course of action and go that way.  Before taking anything else, decide where you're going to go.  It doesn't make sense to start taking courses without having a plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
I think Excelsior would be your best bet at a second degree, they have a BSBA that is IACBE (I have never seen anyone request this additional programmatic - secondary accreditation), I have only seen ACBSP requested for instructors for community college and AACSB for anything higher than that level. If you are looking at competency based degrees, then Walden and WGU will accept NA credits into their degrees, since all 3 have "free" applications now, I would apply to all 3 and see which one gives you the best bang for your buck... select the one with the best ROI/Value!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(04-08-2021, 06:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think Excelsior would be your best bet at a second degree, they have a BSBA that is IACBE (I have never seen anyone request this additional programmatic - secondary accreditation), I have only seen ACBSP requested for instructors for community college and AACSB for anything higher than that level.   If you are looking at competency based degrees, then Walden and WGU will accept NA credits into their degrees, since all 3 have "free" applications now, I would apply to all 3 and see which one gives you the best bang for your buck... select the one with the best ROI/Value!

Thanks.  I originally was decided on Excelsior, but they just want to talk me into getting an MBA.  But I think it would be a bit expensive.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-08-2021, 07:12 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 06:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think Excelsior would be your best bet at a second degree, they have a BSBA that is IACBE (I have never seen anyone request this additional programmatic - secondary accreditation), I have only seen ACBSP requested for instructors for community college and AACSB for anything higher than that level.   If you are looking at competency based degrees, then Walden and WGU will accept NA credits into their degrees, since all 3 have "free" applications now, I would apply to all 3 and see which one gives you the best bang for your buck... select the one with the best ROI/Value!

Thanks.  I originally was decided on Excelsior, but they just want to talk me into getting an MBA.  But I think it would be a bit expensive.

Just tell them you don't want an MBA.

WGU is going to be a lot of work, since about 30% of the degree is GE, which will be covered.  So you're going to have to do like 90cr there (or do 60cr and then transfer in).  That might be where you get the MBA instead.  I might even spend a few months taking courses to prep for the MBA and then just jump into it.  Take the Business Core (Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Micro and Macroeconomics) for no credit at the cheapest option available, and then do the MBA rather than spending time and money getting the BSBA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
Scrap that thought, I still go by my first initial recommendation - do the FREE term at Walden and pay the $2700 for the second term to finish the Competency Based MBA instead... for the ROI/Value, this degree would be cheap/easy/fast and you can skip the BSBA. There really isn't a need to have the BSBA if your ultimate goal is to get into the business field. If you want to get your feet wet and some alternative credits in business, get a Sophia.org membership and take some business lower level and if you want some upper level experience, take some Study.com courses!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(04-08-2021, 11:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Scrap that thought, I still go by my first initial recommendation - do the FREE term at Walden and pay the $2700 for the second term to finish the Competency Based MBA instead...  for the ROI/Value, this degree would be cheap/easy/fast and you can skip the BSBA.  There really isn't a need to have the BSBA if your ultimate goal is to get into the business field.  If you want to get your feet wet and some alternative credits in business, get a Sophia.org membership and take some business lower level and if you want some upper level experience, take some Study.com courses!

I really do like the sound of that... I just don’t know if I can finish that fast. I am going to give the free term a shot and see where I land at the end of it.  If I earn 12 credits a term, that would take me 3 terms (which I think would be ok) but if I can’t get anywhere near 12 done in the first term, I may have to re-group and figure out how much I’d want to pay.  I’d prefer to keep costs at an amount I am ok with paying out of pocket.  (Undergrad loans are finally paid off after over 20 years.).  Of course, now my son will be going in to High school and we will be paying tuition for that since he wants to go to a Catholic school.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-07-2021, 11:22 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I am curious if COSC would unofficially review my transcripts to see what *might* transfer in.  I have copies of all of my transcripts from 5 different places.  I would like to get an idea of what might transfer before I pay to have all those official transcripts sent.  Even if it might change a little after the official enrollment.  I just would like to get a good idea so I can make a plan if I decide to get that second bachelors degree...

COSC will not even look at unofficial transcripts.

COSC will also not begin to review your transfer credits until they get ALL official transcripts, including transcripts of old AP test scores sent directly from AP. Until they have ALL old AP transcripts and official transcripts from every single college you've ever taken a course at (including high school concurrent enrollment, in my case too), COSC won't even start your review. 

My review took months, partly because I didn't get them official AP scores off the bat. My AP scores were on my official high school transcript, but COSC wouldn't consider those. I had taken a community college class in high school and needed that official transcript before they would look at my credits as well. 

I know you're probably beyond the transfer credit review process, but I think it would be useful for others to know. Personally I attended a lot of colleges, if I include old college classes taken during high school, summer school, etc. so it wasn't cheap. If someone isn't strongly considering COSC, they're probably not one to start the application process with if your transcript costs would add up like mine did. And also just to be aware that COSC needs everything official, takes a long time to review (mine took months), etc. 

COSC wanted Parchment transcripts for my Sophia.org classes. I hadn't taken other sources of alternative credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,678 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,283 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso