Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work-from-home Ideas
EI2HCB Wrote:Westerner, I've tried this and it works out about 22cents per hour which was fine for fun but you couldn't rely on this source of income to pay bills.
Yes, as I said it's something small Smile
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
burbuja0512 Wrote:I know that LinkedIn jobs has the option of choosing only work from home jobs, so this might be the easiest. I once knew someone who did customer service for a nationwide floral company from her home. No, the pay wasn't spectacular, but it was easy and flexible. I would imagine that there are other types of customer service home jobs too.. just an idea.

Where is that option? I can't find it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I mostly work from home although I do rent an office too but I'm hardly there. I rent the office mostly for clients to visit, although those are becoming more rare occurrences since I'm visiting them most of the time. I do like working from home since I can utilize my time better. Wake up, take a shower, look in the mirror and point for approval, and my day starts. I start off with a lot of phone calls and emails, grab food from the fridge or heat something up, take a fish oil pill, meet clients, and then around noon if I'm not meeting somebody for lunch I go box at the gym for an hour. Then go meet more clients or go back home to make more phone calls/emails/skype. Then I eat a light dinner and then go to crossfit for an hour. Then take a shower again, do the pointing thing again at the mirror, and get on the computer again to communicate with my partners and vendors in China throughout the night. Finally go to sleep and then the next day instant replay again.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:I mostly work from home although I do rent an office too but I'm hardly there. I rent the office mostly for clients to visit, although those are becoming more rare occurrences since I'm visiting them most of the time. I do like working from home since I can utilize my time better. Wake up, take a shower, look in the mirror and point for approval, and my day starts. I start off with a lot of phone calls and emails, grab food from the fridge or heat something up, take a fish oil pill, meet clients, and then around noon if I'm not meeting somebody for lunch I go box at the gym for an hour. Then go meet more clients or go back home to make more phone calls/emails/skype. Then I eat a light dinner and then go to crossfit for an hour. Then take a shower again, do the pointing thing again at the mirror, and get on the computer again to communicate with my partners and vendors in China throughout the night. Finally go to sleep and then the next day instant replay again.

Hey, what kinda work are you doin? You don't need boots on the ground in Shanghai, do you ? Tongue
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
I'm an import/export broker. I have 2 Chinese nationals as partners in Shanghai. One of them has an MBA from the States which is a blessing since many Chinese write well but speak with a heavy accent it's really difficult to understand. Do you speak fluent Mandarin? What do you do?
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
My wife recently completed a year-long program for Medical Transcription but hasn't landed a job yet. She did it through the MYCAA program the AF provides in hopes of working from home. Has anyone here had any luck as an at-home transcriptionist?
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
sanantone Wrote:Where is that option? I can't find it.
Hmmmmmm... I was going to say that it's under advanced search, but now I can't find it. Maybe I was thinking of a different site??? OMG sorry I have been looking at so many different sites in the past few months looking for a job. I swear it was linkedin tho.. Try going in under advanced, then click on "more options"
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Is there any subject that you might like to blog about? If you use advertising, you can make a little side money. From my research, I would estimate a year before you receive a good supplemental income.
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
nleamons Wrote:Is there any subject that you might like to blog about? If you use advertising, you can make a little side money. From my research, I would estimate a year before you receive a good supplemental income.

YES - what a great idea!!!! Can't believe it didn't occur to me seeing as my mom makes her living from her own website. It does take a lot of work to get it up and running and probably 6-8 months before you'll see much $$$, but my mom hasn't "worked" in years. She's now expanding her internet earnings to include self-publishing Kindle books, but we have yet to see if that will pay off.

Keep in mind that you CAN start it as a hobby and go from there... so it could be a spare time project while it builds, but also remember that TONS of people do this and get sick of it. If you stick to it, it will most likely pay off as long as you do a halfway decent job and make sure that you're coming up in search engine results.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:YES - what a great idea!!!! Can't believe it didn't occur to me seeing as my mom makes her living from her own website. It does take a lot of work to get it up and running and probably 6-8 months before you'll see much $$$, but my mom hasn't "worked" in years. She's now expanding her internet earnings to include self-publishing Kindle books, but we have yet to see if that will pay off.

Keep in mind that you CAN start it as a hobby and go from there... so it could be a spare time project while it builds, but also remember that TONS of people do this and get sick of it. If you stick to it, it will most likely pay off as long as you do a halfway decent job and make sure that you're coming up in search engine results.

Interesting! I'll send you a PM. I'm getting an inbox full message.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,156 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,154 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Video of Airbnb Guest Refusing to Leave Woman's Home. The Drama Gets Real! LevelUP 4 1,913 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 883 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Great Resignation - Better Balance of Life & Work? bjcheung77 5 1,021 01-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,236 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  @Home - Free Learning Resources bjcheung77 2 1,167 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE (for now) Ashampoo Home Designer 5 bjcheung77 2 1,154 07-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  College degree required to work at a factory? sanantone 1 1,451 12-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: CatsDomino
Big Grin Promotion at work, thanks DegreeForum! jsd 11 2,739 12-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Life_One