Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would someone please give me some advice regarding TESU tuition?
Lightbulb 
Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition
2020-2021 Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition
Out-of-state residents
$4,639
  • Is it $4639 every term/12 weeks?!
  • The Credit Hour Residency Waiver Fee applies to students who have not earned at least 16 Semester Hours from the University’s Online...Does 16 semester hours=16 credits?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Credit Hour Residency Waiver Fee
In-state or Out-of-state Associates/Bachelors
$3,192

2020-2021 Per Credit Undergraduate Tuition
Out-of-state Residents:
$519 - 2x non transferable courses (Capstone and SOS-110)=6 credits so $519x6=$3114
  • So Total using waiver would be $6306?
  • If the above is true, wouldn't it be cheaper to do the Full Term Tuition instead of the waiver?
you should read this entire thread, but this one in particular may be interesting

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336243
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • OP88
(05-28-2021, 12:22 AM)bluebooger Wrote: you should read this entire thread, but this one in particular may be interesting

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336243

Thank you!
The short answer is yes, if you can handle getting 16 credits in a single term the flat rate tuition is cheaper. It's hard to do that without epacks or doing school full time.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • OP88
16cr is a heavy load for a 12-week term.
A semester is generally ~16 weeks, and if you take 15cr in a semester, you should graduate in 4 years exactly (so normally 5 3cr courses per semester).
A quarter is generally ~10 weeks, and if you take 15cr in a term, you should graduate in 4 years (so normally 3-4 4-5cr courses per term).
This would be a semester's worth of classes in less than a semester's worth of time. It just compresses the work, which is a heavier load.

The workaround at TESU is e-Pack courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • OP88
Subtract the RA Cost if you already have 30 RA credits

Option #1
$4,639 Flat-Rate Tuition
$1000 Tel Learning RA credits (15 credits or 5 classes @ $200 each)
$298 Graduation Fee
$5937

Option #2
$3114 for 2 courses TESU
$1600 Tel Learning RA credits (24 credits or 8 classes @ $200 each)
$3,192 for Residency Waiver
$298 Graduation Fee
$8204

Option #3  (Get 2 degrees Biz Admin and Computer Science 2 different schools)
$2000 (Get UMPI Biz degree Git-R-Done degree plan)
$1557 (1 capstone course TESU)
$3,192 for Residency Waiver
$298 Graduation Fee
$7047 Total

TESU is still a good option if you have RA credits, are getting a Pell Grant, or going for the Computer Science degree.

Otherwise, there are other options such as WGU or UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • OP88
(05-28-2021, 01:39 PM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU is still a good option if you have RA credits, are getting a Pell Grant, or going for the Computer Science degree.

Otherwise, there are other options such as WGU or UMPI.

TESU is also a good option if you have a lot of credits that will fit into their degree plan; if you want ACBSP-accrediation; if you want a concentration that UMPI or WGU doesn't have; or if you don't want to do a competency-based degree because of financial or time limitations.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • OP88
(05-27-2021, 11:18 PM)OP88 Wrote: Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition
Out-of-state residents
$4,639
Yes, if you decide to take more than one term with the Flat Rate tuition, you need to pay for it.   You really only need to do this once to complete 16 credits.
  • The Credit Hour Residency Waiver Fee applies to students who have not earned at least 16 Semester Hours from the University’s Online...Does 16 semester hours=16 credits?
Yes, 16 Semester Hours = 16 Credits,  COSC/TESU both have a 30 Regionally Accredited credit requirement now, so if you are starting with 0, take some TEL/ONU/TECEPS or community college courses, etc.

$3,192

Out-of-state Residents:
$519 - 2x non transferable courses (Capstone and SOS-110)=6 credits so $519x6=$3114
  • The waiver fee is always only $3,192 each year.  If you don't graduate within 15 months, you pay again.  So, don't pay for it until you graduate - it's that simple.
  • If the above is true, wouldn't it be cheaper to do the Full Term Tuition instead of the waiver?
          Yes, I've been recommending people to do the 16 credits, if you have Financial Aid/Pell Grants, etc, this is the way to go.  You don't have to take them all in one term if you have grants.   You should take some time to read posts and search for threads relating to this.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • OP88
(05-28-2021, 05:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:18 PM)OP88 Wrote: Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition
Out-of-state residents
$4,639
Yes, if you decide to take more than one term with the Flat Rate tuition, you need to pay for it.   You really only need to do this once to complete 16 credits.
Yes, 16 Semester Hours = 16 Credits,  COSC/TESU both have a 30 Regionally Accredited credit requirement now, so if you are starting with 0, take some TEL/ONU/TECEPS or community college courses, etc.

$3,192

Out-of-state Residents:
  • The waiver fee is always only $3,192 each year.  If you don't graduate within 15 months, you pay again.  So, don't pay for it until you graduate - it's that simple.
          Yes, I've been recommending people to do the 16 credits, if you have Financial Aid/Pell Grants, etc, this is the way to go.  You don't have to take them all in one term if you have grants.   You should take some time to read posts and search for threads relating to this.

@bjcheung77

Thank you!

So technically the wisest option would be to enroll in the flat rate for 1 term and see if I could finish in 1 term vs enrolling in per course rate correct? I'm not sure if I could apply the entire Pell Grant amount to 1 term.

TESU Tuition for Non Resident Pell Grant / Per Course Rate

$6345 (Pell Grant Total for the year or 3 terms)  

$3114 for 6 credits each term ($519/credit x 6)  

$9342 is 3 terms for 18 credits (would be $3114 x 3)  

$2997 is total tuition of TESU (would be $9342 - $6345)  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESU Tuition for Non Resident Pell Grant / Flat Rate 1 term 3 months

$6345 (Pell Grant Total for the year or1 term)  

$4639 Flat Rate  

$0 is total tuition of TESU

TESU Tuition for Non Resident Pell Grant / Flat Rate 2 term 6 months

$6345 (Pell Grant Total for the year or 2 terms)  

$9278 Flat Rate 2 terms

$2933 is total tuition of TESU (would be $9278-6345)  

This is an excellent thread. I have started transferring credit to TESU.  I am working towards the BSBA with a concentration in CIS. All of my degree credits have been completed based on their list of accredited classes with intentions to graduate from TESU. Can you please explain how the final total comes out to be $7047? TESU only accepts up to 90 credits in total to transfer regardless of it being a traditional or non-tradional source. Plus I learned today that you can only use a partial amount of your Pell Grant when taking classes. So, if I only wanted to take 6 credit hours for a term then only 3 credit hours would be paid for by the Pell Grant. If you take 12 credit hours only 6 would be paid for by the Pell Grant. I hope the financial aid office was incorrect but I spoke with a rep today and these details were a part of a memo that has recently circulated.

I am still taking classes via Sophia. Coming to my last few which I had to include Ethics because The Insitute, as I learned here on Degree Forum no longer awards ACE credit for non-members. They could have explained that to me when I was asking them to transfer the credit and paid for it. They have sent me the so-called credit award twice but in the past 6 months TESU has not received it and they have not uploaded it to Credly. It is too bad they can get away with this.

I did learn this though yesterday on the TESU website. If you are a member of the Red Cross you can transfer 114 credits. https://www.tesu.edu/redcrossnj/transfer...ts-to-tesu
Is this true where you are getting that last 16b credit to complete the degree program that would cost a final total of $7047? When I mentioned this to the advisor she had no idea of this. She found it and told me she would have to get back to me on the particulars. There were no stipulations that I saw. Only that clause and reiterating the 90 credit transfers that they have on their transfer page.

Please someone advise me. I know you guys know this schooling system extensively so I rely on your information. I really need it. I am open to any advice that you might have to speed up my process and for the very least amount possible.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
.pdf   Transfer Credits to TESU _ American Red Cross.pdf (Size: 121.01 KB / Downloads: 9)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 170 6 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Today, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 238 Today, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 360 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 533 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM