Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XAMK Tourism Diploma
Anyone else doing the upcoming diploma in tourism & business management from XAMK? I'm hoping that at least some of this will apply to the BSBA CIS that I'm pursuing. When all is said and done, I'm hoping to have 100+ ECTS (about 50 semester-credits) to try to transfer to TESU. Electives, if nothing else, I suppose.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Pikachu
(12-28-2020, 10:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Anyone else doing the upcoming diploma in tourism & business management from XAMK? I'm hoping that at least some of this will apply to the BSBA CIS that I'm pursuing. When all is said and done, I'm hoping to have 100+ ECTS (about 50 semester-credits) to try to transfer to TESU. Electives, if nothing else, I suppose.
Im doing this one and another course. I did the Neuroscience one too. I'm super excited

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az
Awesome! Have you gotten/tried to get a XAMK library card? I downloaded the Tuudo app to follow the instructions for getting a card (https://kaakkuri.finna.fi/Content/palvel...?lng=en-gb) but I get an error and I'm not sure if it's because something is broken or because I am not a "real" XAMK student.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-28-2020, 12:38 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Awesome! Have you gotten/tried to get a XAMK library card? I downloaded the Tuudo app to follow the instructions for getting a card (https://kaakkuri.finna.fi/Content/palvel...?lng=en-gb) but I get an error and I'm not sure if it's because something is broken or because I am not a "real" XAMK student.
It didn't work for me either which kind of sucks. I think something is broken.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(12-28-2020, 01:14 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 12:38 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Awesome! Have you gotten/tried to get a XAMK library card? I downloaded the Tuudo app to follow the instructions for getting a card (https://kaakkuri.finna.fi/Content/palvel...?lng=en-gb) but I get an error and I'm not sure if it's because something is broken or because I am not a "real" XAMK student.
It didn't work for me either which kind of sucks. I think something is broken.

the only way to make this cheap is to get the most free credits and pay one time the WES evaluation supper affordable.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(12-29-2020, 11:15 AM)gams007 Wrote: the only way to make this cheap is to get the most free credits and pay one time the WES evaluation supper affordable.

Yep. $200 or less to have 10 or more ECTS (5 US credits) evaluated isn't a bad price. TEL is $200 for just 3 credits, after all. In theory, a person could get most of their "RA credits" from XAMK for less than the cost of one TEL Learning course. But it's speculation at this point because we don't have any actual transfers from XAMK to any of the big 3 yet.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
... Big Grin ............  Cool
Okay, so they've taken the diploma off of their site. I'll review it (so far) anyway, just in case they bring it back later. Archive URL here: https://web.archive.org/web/202011291339...n-finland/

So, I've just finished the first half of Module I. The two classes were Destination Finland and Customer Oriented Marketing.

Firstly, I really enjoyed Destination Finland. This was a 100% self-paced course that could be completed as quickly or as slowly as one wished. It mainly linked to external tourism-related sites where you could learn more about Finland. It was really fun and enjoyed all of the sections except the transportation one. It wasn't harder or anything, I just felt it a little bit jarring to go from reading about the different regions of Finland to learning about the airports, bus options, rental cars, etc. It's super important to know these things if you're going to have anything to do with Finnish tourism, but I just don't care one way or another about transport. I think the quizzes could be taken twice (I should've taken notes).

Customer Oriented Marketing was different. This was like an instructor-led course at ASU. Each week, they'd release new content for you to read/watch. Some of it was external links, some of it was an internal "book" about that week's topic. The "book" was essential to passing that week's quiz but it was also very light on the details pertaining to their subjects. The best I did on any quiz was 8/10 and I found this frustrating. The quizzes were also only open on the weekend and I found this even more frustrating because I found it led to procrastination and I was always struggling to meet deadlines for this course as a result. You also were expected to complete a forum posting task each week to the effect of "what would you do in this situation?" If you ONLY did the forum posts, you could get 40 points (26 was the minimum pass score) with a score of 1/"Poor". I managed to get 81 points (out of 100) in the class for a score of 4/"Very Good". This was just shy of 5/"Excellent" at 86 or more points.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • asianphd, Pikachu, StoicJ
Sounds good! How many etct die you get?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Those two are 5 ECTS each, so I have finished 10 ECTS towards this diploma. I have two more classes coming up soon (5 ECTS each) for the diploma. I've also got Marketing Management as well as Cross-Cultural Management to work on right now for another 5 ECTS each.

These two are NOT part of the diploma but I picked them up because they are related. They are 100% self-paced. Each lesson is a 1-2 hour lecture and then you take a quiz/test. I'm not sure how many chances they give you to take the quizzes/tests. I will report back once I do them. They also have you do an oral presentation/project if you want full marks. From what I've seen of XAMK so far, they SHOULD be saner than Sophia about grading/expectations. But I have not yet done a project so I cannot confirm this one way or another.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • asianphd, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  XAMK ROYISAGIRL 126 18,956 01-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 559 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,032 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 656 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,493 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,113 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Diploma Appearances ThatBankDude 5 1,218 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Fake nursing diploma Imbanewbie 10 1,137 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore