Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any tips on Dantes Ethics?
Has anyone taken this? I'm wondering if I need to use anything more than instantcert.

Thanks~
Hello!
I studied only the InstantCert and did fairly well. It wasn't too bad.
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
serengetti Wrote:Has anyone taken this? I'm wondering if I need to use anything more than instantcert.

Thanks~

Instantcert hit all the main points you'll need. I also read through the DSST Official Study Guide book. But it wasn't as helpful as Instantcert.

34 questions were very straightforward, basic recall of facts: "Socrates believed what?"..or "Who felt that morality was based on the greatest good to the greatest number of people?" etc.

Then there were about 73 questions which required you to read a short scenario and then answer 4 or 5 questions relating to that scenario. These questions were mostly YES or NO answers, such as:

"In this scenario, would a utilitarian go through with the surgical procedure?" Yes or No.
"In this scenario, does Mary hold a Hobbesian point of view?" Yes or No.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Thank you both for the tips on Ethics.I'll definitely use them.Wink
Isabelle~
Spagetti,

I would recommend the DSST Official Test-Preperation Guide. I found it a bit more helpful than snagglefrag did. That portion is actually downloadable at the petersons site I believe.
http://www.petersons.com/airforce/dsst.asp?sponsor=8
I'm glad I used both sources, but that is my study method. There are some threads in the past that you may want to go back and look at. Lots of input about the exam.
Sammy Wrote:Spagetti,

I would recommend the DSST Official Test-Preperation Guide. I found it a bit more helpful than snagglefrag did. That portion is actually downloadable at the petersons site I believe.
http://www.petersons.com/airforce/dsst.asp?sponsor=8
I'm glad I used both sources, but that is my study method. There are some threads in the past that you may want to go back and look at. Lots of input about the exam.

This is why I find this board to be so helpful. It allows for various viewpoints to be expressed and enables the reader come to their own conclusions.

I found the Official DSST Study Guide (book) to be fantastic for Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, and Human Resource Management. But for the Ethics exam, I guess I just felt that it didn't go into enough detail about each ethical theory.

I read through the Ethics chapter twice and still felt somewhat uncomfortable with how much I knew. It was only when I started going through Instantcert's Ethics section that I was able to gain some clarity.

Having said that, I did use both sources and, in the end, I felt pretty confident going into the exam.

I have earned 12 credits so far using the DSST Guide (alongside Instantcert)...so it is definitely worth buying if anyone here hasn't bought it already.

I paid about $13.00 for it on Amazon.com and it provides study material and mock exams for half a dozen or so of their most popular exams. Well worth the cost!

As Sammy mentioned, you can also download it free of charge from the following US Air Force web site:

http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.asp?sponsor=8

Take care all,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I got a good score on this test with only Instacert for a few days before the test. I don't recall my exact score, but it was worth an A at COSC.

P
I just got my Ethics score back: 76

My only resources were InstantCert (of course), the Peterson's guide, Wikipedia, and I think I googled a few things. Going into the test, I didn't even fully realize what the content would be (the second half of the test with the scenarios), so I can't really explain the near-perfect score. All I know is that I'm ecstatic with it.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
I looked at the Ethics fact sheet from DSST's site for the first time, and it appears the exam contains essay questions. But this is not the format on the Official DSST book. Is it Multiple-choice with an optional essay? I'm wondering... thanks! Smile
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Roughly 35 multiple choice-
65 yes/no based on a variety of scenerios-
The essay question I believe is only for ECE? I did the essay question but I believe I didn't have to for TESC. You might want to ask your college because not all colleges require the essay. The yes/no questions seem to be more common sense than relating to the study material but I would still recommend both materials that I recommended. I also looked up terms and people, that I wasn't sure about, on http://www.reference.com
Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 27,491 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 644 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,064 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 412 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 748 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 971 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,690 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 778 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,958 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az