Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clep exam materials
Does anyone have any old materials they no longer need on the computer that helped them already? If they wouldnt mind would they make me a copy of the material and email them to me.
I cant afford the prices of the exams and then prices of books and other study aids.
Unless someone knows of great free sites that i can download them from ?
thanks all
I feel your pain, In my years of doing this I've learned a few tricks. What tests are you taking? Perhaps I can assist.
right now im looking to study up on western civ I and then II
Intro to Soci
English Comp
I dont know exactly how hard is clep as i have never taken one so i dont want to over whelm myself.
Thank you very much by the way. Even if you dont have these i appreciate your kindness.
nj593 Wrote:Does anyone have any old materials they no longer need on the computer that helped them already? If they wouldnt mind would they make me a copy of the material and email them to me.
I cant afford the prices of the exams and then prices of books and other study aids.
Unless someone knows of great free sites that i can download them from ?
thanks all
>>

Ohhhh I am the Queen of cheap. Hope this helps:

$20 you need to spend is on the CLEP Official Study Guide. This info is not online (well it is, but you have to buy it) and you can use this one guide for all of your exams. You will need this as the base for all of your exam preparation.

If you can't join IC $, use the forums. They are free, and the specific exam feedback section is PRICELESS.

Get a notebook to take written notes in and use free library books. This is the ultimate in "independent study" so just look at it as you are designing your own class and homework.

Use the excellent website Teacher Professional Development and Teacher Resources by Annenberg Media to watch dozens and dozens of free college level videos. You can find biology, history, statistics, etc. (more than you'll have time for!)

As you build your notebook, follow the CLEP outline as suggested in the official guide- be sure to cover the subjects mentioned (pay attention to the % of each subject- a subject worth 40% deserves considerable amount of your time; much more than a subject worth only 11%) Use Wikipedia to find very good information on any subject, person, event, etc that you need more help on.

Lastly, you can take CLEP and DSST practice tests at the Peterson web site (I don't have the link handy). Practice till you pass!
What Jennifer said^ above. If I were you the first test i'd opt for is the CLEP Soc. It can be passed with IC alone, but if you want added insurance you can get a $5 bar-chart. As with any of these tests the generous forum members have compiled personal experience and have posted it. I have been helped exponentially by the numerous postings. They (the people of IC) are partially responsible for my expedited collegiate success in this arena. Good luck!
Wikipedia and the Specific Exam Feedback section are lifesavers!!!

The Specific Exam Feedback section has saved my as....er, hide, several times Rolleyes
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
you guys are priceless thanks !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,954 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,815 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,582 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,569 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BSBA by exam Sparklette 5 1,653 05-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: davewill
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
Question Which TECEP exam to take with very little time to study? ELSADDIQ 6 2,453 04-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  anyone passed Excelsior quantitative analysis exam? how to study? dsstmfa 1 1,668 03-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Jsheets15