Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deep learning @ statistics.com
(09-13-2019, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait a minute, if there are no exams, how do you get grades for GPA?  Are these pass/fail courses or competency based courses?  I think these are set at a specific term/time of completion like 16 weeks or whatever.  Hmm, at $480/course of 3 credits with no exams, it may be a pretty good deal as it'll only cost $4800 for the requirements of the degree (no capstone).

They all come in as pass/fail, I need to send them through ACE for TESU to receive it

(09-13-2019, 01:29 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wait a minute, if there are no exams, how do you get grades for GPA?  Are these pass/fail courses or competency based courses?  I think these are set at a specific term/time of completion like 16 weeks or whatever.  Hmm, at $480/course of 3 credits with no exams, it may be a pretty good deal as it'll only cost $4800 for the requirements of the degree (no capstone).
I would like to know which course or certification are you taking without exam?

Here are the classes I've completed/almost completed:
Forecasting Analytics
Interactive Data Visualization
Introduction to Network Analysis
Optimization - Linear Programming
Predictive Analytics 2 - Neural Nets and Regression in Python
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

Currently taking the Predictive Analytics 1 and 3 courses and I begin Integer & Nonlinear Programming next week. Still need one more class for my AOS, but I'm not too worried about that for now.
B.S. in Data Science & Analytics, B.A. in Computer Science and Mathematics, Certificate in Finance

TESU Living in the Info Age, AI, Capstone, Math Modelling, Math Logic
Statistics.com Fin Risk Modeling, Forecasting, Visualization, Pred Analytics 2 Python, Python for Analytics, Pred Analytics 1 Python, Pred Analytics 3 PythonOptimization-Linear Prog, Network Analysis, Integer & Nonlinear Prog and Network Flow
Davar Intro to Fin, Mgmt Info Systems, Corp Fin, International Fin
SDC Database Mgmt, Sys Analysis & Design, Fin Inst & Mrkts, Comp Arch, Sec Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt, Small Bus Fin
The Institutes Ethics
CC Adv Obj Oriented Prog, Comp Arch, Database Design, Operating Sys, Intro to Linux, Data Struct, Comp Sci I & II, Discrete Math, Calc III, Diff Eq, Linear Algebra, Econ I & II, Soc Problems, Mod Lit Masterpieces, Gen Physics I & II, Music Appreciation
AP Comp Sci A, Calc BC, Stats, Chem, US History, Eng Lang, Eng Lit
(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)amaquiling Wrote:

They all come in as pass/fail, I need to send them through ACE for TESU to receive it

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

Currently taking the Predictive Analytics 1 and 3 courses and I begin Integer & Nonlinear Programming next week. Still need one more class for my AOS, but I'm not too worried about that for now.
In your opinion how difficult are the courses? What's the brake down of scoring? What types of assignments are there for grading?
TESU BSBA Accounting && BA Computer Science 'March Graduation Goal'

CLEP
College Composition (57), Introductory Sociology (54), Introductory Psychology (56), College Algebra (70), Principles of Macroeconomics (54), Analyze and Interpret Literature (53), Precalculus (69), Principles of Microeconomics (53), Calculus (68), Principles of Management (56), Principles of Marketing (60), College Mathematics (65)

DSST
Principles of Statistics (444), Personal Finance (400), Introduction to Computing (435), Intro to Business (437), Principles of Superivsion (447)

STUDY
Business 113, Accounting 102, Political Science 102, Business 309, Communications 101, Accounting 202, Accounting 302, Accounting 301, Accounting 303, Business 308, Finance 101, Computer Science 115, Accounting 101, Computer Science 105, Computer Science 109, Computer Science 201, Math 108, Accounting 201, Accounting 202, 

TEEX
Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301

SAYLOR
Environmental Ethics, Business Statistics
(09-15-2019, 03:48 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

In your opinion how difficult are the courses? What's the brake down of scoring? What types of assignments are there for grading?

I've gotten by with all these courses pretty fine, and I was taking 4 of them at the same time at one point. It's one assignment per week, a few of the classes also had a Final Project with the fourth assignment. 

The scoring varies, but typically each problem is given a number of points and they're used to calculate your grade overall (e.g. for the Network Analysis course, Assignment 4 was worth 40 points and the final was worth 80 points)

Edit: Also want to note that I use both Python and Excel on almost a daily basis, so if you don't know the basics, then I wouldn't recommend overloading the statistics.com courses because they are accelerated courses!
B.S. in Data Science & Analytics, B.A. in Computer Science and Mathematics, Certificate in Finance

TESU Living in the Info Age, AI, Capstone, Math Modelling, Math Logic
Statistics.com Fin Risk Modeling, Forecasting, Visualization, Pred Analytics 2 Python, Python for Analytics, Pred Analytics 1 Python, Pred Analytics 3 PythonOptimization-Linear Prog, Network Analysis, Integer & Nonlinear Prog and Network Flow
Davar Intro to Fin, Mgmt Info Systems, Corp Fin, International Fin
SDC Database Mgmt, Sys Analysis & Design, Fin Inst & Mrkts, Comp Arch, Sec Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt, Small Bus Fin
The Institutes Ethics
CC Adv Obj Oriented Prog, Comp Arch, Database Design, Operating Sys, Intro to Linux, Data Struct, Comp Sci I & II, Discrete Math, Calc III, Diff Eq, Linear Algebra, Econ I & II, Soc Problems, Mod Lit Masterpieces, Gen Physics I & II, Music Appreciation
AP Comp Sci A, Calc BC, Stats, Chem, US History, Eng Lang, Eng Lit
(09-15-2019, 07:54 PM)amaquiling Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 03:48 AM)Zachcleigh Wrote:

Forecasting Analytics
Financial Risk Modeling
Python for Analytics

I've gotten by with all these courses pretty fine, and I was taking 4 of them at the same time at one point. It's one assignment per week, a few of the classes also had a Final Project with the fourth assignment. 

The scoring varies, but typically each problem is given a number of points and they're used to calculate your grade overall (e.g. for the Network Analysis course, Assignment 4 was worth 40 points and the final was worth 80 points)

Edit: Also want to note that I use both Python and Excel on almost a daily basis, so if you don't know the basics, then I wouldn't recommend overloading the statistics.com courses because they are accelerated courses!

I'm pretty good with python at the moment.  Not an expert but pretty good. I'm looking at the two paths of python vs R.  Knowing that python would be easier for me, but I feel like R would be better for professional use.  Don't have to make that decision for a few months, but I'm working through the planning now.
TESU BSBA Accounting && BA Computer Science 'March Graduation Goal'

CLEP
College Composition (57), Introductory Sociology (54), Introductory Psychology (56), College Algebra (70), Principles of Macroeconomics (54), Analyze and Interpret Literature (53), Precalculus (69), Principles of Microeconomics (53), Calculus (68), Principles of Management (56), Principles of Marketing (60), College Mathematics (65)

DSST
Principles of Statistics (444), Personal Finance (400), Introduction to Computing (435), Intro to Business (437), Principles of Superivsion (447)

STUDY
Business 113, Accounting 102, Political Science 102, Business 309, Communications 101, Accounting 202, Accounting 302, Accounting 301, Accounting 303, Business 308, Finance 101, Computer Science 115, Accounting 101, Computer Science 105, Computer Science 109, Computer Science 201, Math 108, Accounting 201, Accounting 202, 

TEEX
Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301

SAYLOR
Environmental Ethics, Business Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SL Statistics theloudcity 8 101 Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Last Post: theloudcity
  Does Sophia's Intro to Statistics meet TESU BSBA Math requirement? Idreamofadegree 4 239 07-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Idreamofadegree
  Mobile Friendly Learning natshar 5 308 07-07-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  statistics.com | 200$ discount code akr680 0 361 07-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Anyone offer "Statistics in Psychology"? jsh1138 6 215 07-04-2019, 02:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Business Statistics. YankeeDoodle 6 325 05-03-2019, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Last 3 credits: recommendations for quickly satisfying the TESU Statistics requiement camjenks 11 983 01-26-2019, 10:25 PM
Last Post: koldplay24
  Learning the Most natshar 9 660 09-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Statistics.com predictive analytics homeschoolmom1 1 319 09-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Last Post: spdy
  Statistics.com Coupon - 50% off fees CornerMeetScissors 2 625 08-30-2018, 06:55 AM
Last Post: allvia