Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ed4credit vs study.com
Hi, I am trying to decide where to take my last few classes and I was hoping that people who have taken these classes through either study.com or ed4credit could tell me how they liked them. I am looking to take English 1 and 2, and Marketing. The hundred quizzes in Study.com really slow me down. But i have never used Ed4Credit so I am not sure if it's a bit faster paced?

First, to answer your question: Ed4Credit is almost exactly like SL, in my opinion, with the exception of the grading/scoring. I only took Managerial Accounting there, so I can't say for sure what the particular courses you're looking for would be like. But you can go as fast or slow as you like with them - it's a matter of reading the text and then taking the exams.

But, if I was going to go quickly, and finish all 3 courses in a month, I would consider SL instead, since with E4C it would cost more. If you're going to take longer, then I'd probably look at E4C since they allow 4 months to finish a course.

I'd still consider Study.com, since I actually ended up preferring the quizzes and small chunks instead of the chapters to read through E4C. But that's just my personal preference.

Also, for Marketing, I would consider the Saylor course first before any of these options. Only $25 to take the final exam.

Finally - to be honest, I'd take the CLEP exams through Modern States before I did anything else. Why pay when you can get the exams for free!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-05-2018, 05:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, to answer your question: Ed4Credit is almost exactly like SL, in my opinion, with the exception of the grading/scoring.  I only took Managerial Accounting there, so I can't say for sure what the particular courses you're looking for would be like.  But you can go as fast or slow as you like with them - it's a matter of reading the text and then taking the exams.

But, if I was going to go quickly, and finish all 3 courses in a month, I would consider SL instead, since with E4C it would cost more.  If you're going to take longer, then I'd probably look at E4C since they allow 4 months to finish a course.

I'd still consider Study.com, since I actually ended up preferring the quizzes and small chunks instead of the chapters to read through E4C.  But that's just my personal preference.

Also, for Marketing, I would consider the Saylor course first before any of these options.  Only $25 to take the final exam.

Finally - to be honest, I'd take the CLEP exams through Modern States before I did anything else.  Why pay when you can get the exams for free!
Thanks for your input. The reason I am not taking Eng 1 & 2 through straighterline is because I tried English 1 and it was horrific. It felt like it would never end so I traded it for a different course. As for a clep test, i work full time and it's very difficult for me to try and schedule a test/get to the testing center when it's open, etc. so being able to do it online in my home is much more feasible. But I will definitely look into Saylor for marketing.

I'm not sure if you are asking about the English Comp classes, but in case you are. My son, who struggles with writing, took English Comp II at ED4credit. I highly recommend it. I put the details in another post I made. I can't remember them all now. One of the good parts for him was that it had audio for the text. He loves to read, but for things he finds very boring, this was a lifesaver. There is only one composition. All of the written assignments have to do with that one final composition.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes mudball's post:
  • Mab81

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,366 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,489 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM