Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iMBA
I have been accepted to the iMBA from the University of Illinois with Coursera.  Does anybody have any experience with this program?  Any insights people have would be appreciated as it seems they are not to far out from graduating the first class.

The
Congratulations! I do not have any experience with it so keep us updated on how everything goes!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
Congratulations! The first cohort graduated already, back in May of 2018. I graduated from the sister program, the iMSA, last Dec. With respect to Coursera, the two programs are similar. I took two iMBA electives as part of my iMSA. I met some of the iMBA students in those courses and at my graduation. They really like the program. I liked my iMBA electives. I can try to answer any questions you have.

https://poetsandquants.com/2018/05/11/il...e-mba-news
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tesu-acct-student's post:
  • studiousimp
(06-22-2019, 11:07 PM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: Congratulations! The first cohort graduated already, back in May of 2018. I graduated from the sister program, the iMSA, last Dec. With respect to Coursera, the two programs are similar. I took two iMBA electives as part of my iMSA. I met some of the iMBA students in those courses and at my graduation. They really like the program. I liked my iMBA electives. I can try to answer any questions you have.

https://poetsandquants.com/2018/05/11/il...e-mba-news

I want to know if someone know do you get master credit by taking the coursera online courses example Value Chain Management Specialization?  I can transfer to another university.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

You can earn graduate credit if you enroll as a for-credit student. The courses are layered, and there are two layers. There is the Coursera only layer, and the high engagement layer. For-credit students take both of those layers. You have the option of taking the Coursera only layer, but then you do not earn graduate credit. You pay a much smaller fee and you can earn a Coursera certificate, but you don't earn graduate credit if you take the Coursera only layer.

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
(07-05-2019, 11:05 AM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: You can earn graduate credit if you enroll as a for-credit student. The courses are layered, and there are two layers. There is the Coursera only layer, and the high engagement layer. For-credit students take both of those layers. You have the option of taking the Coursera only layer, but then you do not earn graduate credit. You pay a much smaller fee and you can earn a Coursera certificate, but you don't earn graduate credit if you take the Coursera only layer.

Thank for your info, I may take it for review the materials than. It is stupid  that you can not get graduate credit because you did not pay for tuition for second layer. it is the same materials, why it is so different on price? That it is the way the university can get money from the students.

If you take the Coursera only layer, it lacks all of the content of the high engagement layer. So it isn't the same, and it is not the same price.

Students who only take the Coursera only layer are not for-credit students for that reason.

The content of the high engagement layer is more extensive and challenging than the content of the Coursera only layer.

I'm not sure why you thought it was the same materials.

(07-05-2019, 11:50 AM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: If you take the Coursera only layer, it lacks all of the content of the high engagement layer. So it isn't the same, and it is not the same price.

Students who only take the Coursera only layer are not for-credit students for that reason.

The content of the high engagement layer is more extensive and challenging than the content of the Coursera only layer.

I'm not sure why you thought it was the same materials.

I total agree with you, I was wrong, and I did not know much the course content either. I thought that the coursera online course was relate to IMBA, so I thought it was same material which i was wrong.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • tesu-acct-student
(07-05-2019, 11:05 AM)tesu-acct-student Wrote: You can earn graduate credit if you enroll as a for-credit student. The courses are layered, and there are two layers. There is the Coursera only layer, and the high engagement layer. For-credit students take both of those layers. You have the option of taking the Coursera only layer, but then you do not earn graduate credit. You pay a much smaller fee and you can earn a Coursera certificate, but you don't earn graduate credit if you take the Coursera only layer.
Do you know what it is the price to get both layer? Example: value chain management specializes from coursera and I want to get credit. Can the master university credit transfer to another university? I check the Illinois university also aacsb too. It can save me some time to graduate. I hope it is not so expensive and cheaper than my current university.

$250 per credit hour plus the cost of the Coursera courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,194 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Gies iMBA Scholarship bigrivergroup 5 1,857 04-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  University of Illinois (iMBA program) - Free Coursera Course SweetSecret 5 2,169 04-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: eriehiker