Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my unofficial transcript - your profound wisdom
Hello all,

I'll attempt to keep this an abridged version.

I found you all some time ago, much like most I surmise, unintentionally.  I was very encouraged as I read intently and attempted to discern to the best of my abilities...before posting.

I had all of my transcripts sent to TESU.  Every credit earned have been from traditional brick and mortar universities or CC; both butt in seat.  I recall being very disappointed with the amount of transfer credits the initial TESU academic eval had accepted.  Out of roughly 132-138 transfer credits (attached) and an AAS, I believe, If I'm not mistaken, TESU had accepted in the vicinity of 75 or so.  That seemed abysmal to me. That evaluation has since expired, so I can't currently view.  I'll need to reapply first.  I know this is abundantly important.  My last brick and mortar university I attended, I'm at ~ 108 credits toward my 120cr BSBA.  HOWEVER, they want me to have 50% of my credits completed through them to graduate.  Umm, no.  Don't think so.  I'm not going to graduate with 160+ credits for a BS.  

I also recall some 300 level courses that were awarded from one of the universities I had attended coming in at 100 level at TESU.  Managerial Accounting and Finance both 300 levels came in at 101. That can't be possible, can it?  I still have the class outlines, specifically designating 300.

My initial goal was a BSBA at TESU.  I was in sincere hopes that I would come in with at least 95-100 credits, knock out the remaining 300/400 level requisite courses via study.com and the likes, and conclude with the mandatory capstone finale; all within a few months.

My eventual plans are for an MBA.  However, initially, I'm only concentrating on the BS.  Although I have a medical background, I'm firmly planted in the business/sales side of medicine.  This being said, everyone in my business arena have, bare minimum, BS and oft times, advanced degrees.  It's time to complete this BS, bs, once and for all.
Tired of being looked upon as a social/business leper.

Looking at my unofficial transcripts, what would you do?  What would your path be?  Reapply to TESU and haggle with evaluation folks? Which entity do you think would be most advantageous with regard to transferring in what I currently have?  I would prefer the quickest route. Most any grade below a B took place as a 17/18 yr old freshman.

I can't thank you enough for any and all insight, suggestions, and wisdom you may have.  I know this board gets inundated with direction requests.  I just want to make the best educated decisions, without being a pest.

Thank you again.

Sorry for the dissertation.

Max

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot (2).png (Size: 122.21 KB / Downloads: 93)
Hey, can you do yourself a favor and do a What If? I want you to send us more details of that What If. Can you post one for a BSBA General Management? And also do one for a BALS as well? Thanks, i'll just look at it further in a moment. From the looks of things, you're right - you just need the UL of the AOS completed for the BSBA GM or a BALS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you for your response, BJ.

Are you wanting me to post generic BSBA GM, and BAL scenarios?

"What if" I'm a moron? Big Grin
No. Can you see if you can log onto TESU's OSS and do a "What if" for the degree plan academic evaluation? I think non-active accounts can still use the OSS, but not sure about that...

No, unfortunately.

I'm currently on TESU's OSS and there is no "what if" for the degree plan academic evaluation.
You're able to logon to OSS. Click the Academic Evaluation on the left. Do you have any active programs in the TESU OSS? Right underneath it, it should show. "What if I changed my program of study?" And then it should allow you to change that program to something with a drop down arrow selection list... If it's not showing, can you send a screenshot and attach it here or link to it?

I believe the image you attached is a copy of the TESU unofficial transcript - which doesn't give us the true view of what you had to transfer in; as they are only TESU equivalency not you B&M course #/titles.  You might want to apply to COSC and WGU (WGU is US students only); WGU is free to apply and very quick on the evaluations.

EDIT: If you're not active with TESU you cannot run a What If
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

That's correct, Allvia. These are unofficial. And you're also correct in not being able to run a "what if" if not an active profile @ TESU.

I'm just attempting to ascertain what most here would do with my current transfer credit and situation. Any and all insight, suggestions, personal experience would be very helpful and appreciated... anecdotal or otherwise.
(02-18-2020, 02:57 PM)Max007 Wrote: Out of roughly 132-138 transfer credits (attached) and an AAS, I believe, If I'm not mistaken, TESU had accepted in the vicinity of 75 or so.  That seemed abysmal to me.

What courses exactly that were not accepted into the BSBA that you felt should have been accepted?

(02-18-2020, 02:57 PM)Max007 Wrote: I also recall some 300 level courses that were awarded from one of the universities I had attended coming in at 100 level at TESU.  Managerial Accounting and Finance both 300 levels came in at 101. That can't be possible, can it?  I still have the class outlines, specifically designating 300.

This means nothing to your degree and won't make any difference in the UL courses you have to take at TESU. 

Just a quick glance at your transcript and see your missing for the BSBA:  Ethics, statistics, Civic Engagement, Prin Management, Business in Society, Microeconomics,  Computer Concepts, Business Communications, 4 UL courses, 2 AOS courses, cornerstone and the capstone for a total of 45 credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Max, I would do the FREE credits in wiki within my signature link. Sign up for CSM Learn and complete that, next sign up for StraighterLine or Study.com to complete the remaining Lower Level courses and use Study.com for the UL requirements. Lastly, complete the cornerstone/capstone at TESU. BTW, I sent you a PM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BACS or BSCIS transcript after graduation KMcLean 4 385 10-23-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI transcript evaluation advice dadof3 2 491 08-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is there a way to add a course to TESU transcript after graduating? QueenD 3 541 11-26-2022, 07:09 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  OK... transcript evals from each of big 3. Help w/decision, please?! :) studyingfortests 4 1,077 05-13-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions and Advice for Unofficial Credit Evaluation DegreeBy2023 10 1,605 03-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Sophia Classes and NYPD Academy Transcript mdel210201 8 1,940 09-23-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Transcript eval assistance to CBE school OldQuackKonobe 6 1,535 03-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore