Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sophia learning easiest courses without essays
(01-20-2022, 03:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 03:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: These are NOT new credits.  They've been NCCRS-approved for many years (some since 2008).

Maybe National Paralegal College has been NCCRS approved since then, but LawShelf itself is only since June of 2021. Yes, these are new credits: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...onal-media

Courses at NPC are about $1k each! I doubt very many people have been taking them for transfer to TESU or EC.

Ok, sorry - LawShelf looks to be a way for people to get the exact same courses that have already been available through the NPC a cheaper way - but the courses themselves are the same.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hmm, interesting, it seems like National Paralegal College is trying to make their courses cheaper by giving themselves a "credit by exam option" to complete a degree from their own offerings, and also focus on creating another business or two using LawShelf & VoiceProctor. It also seems like they have upper level credits from these exams, I wonder if this will work for an Excelsior College BSLA, you just need 10 UL courses... that'll be $350 for your AOS right there.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-20-2022, 08:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, interesting, it seems like National Paralegal College is trying to make their courses cheaper by giving themselves a "credit by exam option" to complete a degree from their own offerings, and also focus on creating another business or two using LawShelf & VoiceProctor.  It also seems like they have upper level credits from these exams, I wonder if this will work for an Excelsior College BSLA, you just need 10 UL courses... that'll be $350 for your AOS right there.

Excelsior College takes LawShelf courses because the courses are NCCRS.
(01-20-2022, 03:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 03:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: These are NOT new credits.  They've been NCCRS-approved for many years (some since 2008).

Maybe National Paralegal College has been NCCRS approved since then, but LawShelf itself is only since June of 2021. Yes, these are new credits: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...onal-media

Courses at NPC are about $1k each! I doubt very many people have been taking them for transfer to TESU or EC.

That link about LawShelf on NCCRS was very helpful, thank you for sharing it!
LawShelf courses could be used in the elective category or something else?
Maybe in a LS degree or CJ?
Because I see no need of law courses at EC (since there is no major in law or paralegal) ... or is any university that accept NCCRS, is RA and cheap for a specific law or paralegal degree?
As long as you otherwise meet degree requirements, EC allows you to use a lot of random stuff to fill out your UL requirements. I forget the exact allotment, but it's something like 15 UL credits in your degree major + 6 UL credits from the capstone/cornerstone + 9 UL credits from (almost) anywhere else. This quirk makes it easier to get a BSLS at EC than it is to get a BALS because the Bachelor of Arts restricts the category of UL credits to only courses that fall under Liberal Arts. The Bachelor of Science allows students to choose things like Business or Applied Science for their UL credits. I think this extends to all Excelsior degrees.

Also, at least some LawShelf courses can count as law OR business courses, so could potentially apply to a business degree at EC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(01-24-2022, 10:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As long as you otherwise meet degree requirements, EC allows you to use a lot of random stuff to fill out your UL requirements. I forget the exact allotment, but it's something like 15 UL credits in your degree major + 6 UL credits from the capstone/cornerstone + 9 UL credits from (almost) anywhere else. This quirk makes it easier to get a BSLS at EC than it is to get a BALS because the Bachelor of Arts restricts the category of UL credits to only courses that fall under Liberal Arts. The Bachelor of Science allows students to choose things like Business or Applied Science for their UL credits. I think this extends to all Excelsior degrees.

Also, at least some LawShelf courses can count as law OR business courses, so could potentially apply to a business degree at EC.

For the BLS at EC, you need 21cr of UL in the Arts & Sciences (including capstone) and can do an additional 9cr in Free Electives (including the cornerstone).

Law courses would count as Free Electives, as would most Business courses. So you're limited in how many UL you'd be able to bring in for the UL requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Thanks!
Now makes more sense.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Big Grin 
I am glad you shared this (LawShelf).  I am in love with this concept. (I am not worried about transferable credit).  i found one that is for a “badge only” that is applicable to my current field and looks really pretty on my LinkedIn profile.  Big Grin
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
Philosophers didn’t have a touchstone when I took it, but they added a touchstone to it before my stepdaughter took it.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,685 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia? Vle045 9 2,063 07-16-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,081 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,372 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,388 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
  EU Business Degree Courses NBM123 5 1,148 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: new2this
  Principles of Management CLEP vs Sophia for EU NBM123 9 1,422 09-15-2022, 05:53 PM
  SDC computer courses UL requirement? homeschoolmom1 7 1,322 06-09-2022, 09:59 AM
  How are the courses structured at EC? Bachelorsat25 0 1,040 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bachelorsat25
  Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses sava60 15 3,639 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: oroseeo