Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia?
I used the degree plan that Dragonwolf so kindly shared and swapped as many courses with Sophia as I could find.  My son has free access to Sophia until next March, so cost-wise, Sophia would be our first plan of action to earn credits.  Do you see any other courses I could plug in from Sophia?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • BigDaddy1, Pikachu
Chemistry & Human Biology would count for "arts & sciences". https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Principles of Finance might or might not work. At the very least, it's a low-risk introduction to Principles of Finance before taking it at SDC.

Arts & Sciences includes: Humanities, Social Sciences, History, Natural Sciences, Mathematics. So, you can add Greek Philosophers at least. I'm not sure if you missed anything else, aside from the other math courses.

I would also suggest Intro to Relational Databases and Intro to Web Development. Super easy way to add 6 UL credits. They may not be strictly needed, but your kid might actually enjoy them.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • BigDaddy1, Vle045
Thanks! I will try to plug those in. I am bribing him with $10 for any Sophia class he gets over 90%. He is going to treat it as a "summer job".
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

Vle045 Wrote:Thanks! I will try to plug those in. I am bribing him with $10 for any Sophia class he gets over 90%. He is going to treat it as a "summer job".

He's still young, I would recommend getting as many Sophia courses that don't have touchstones completed, this way he can see which type of courses he is into, and by subject order. I wouldn't really put a 90% target on the course for him, the main strategic target here is to get him started and "into" taking courses that may lead to a Big 3 or CBE Associates and Bachelors. Instead, I would recommend rewarding him after he's completed each course... and if he does well on the ones with touchstones, that's when you can reward him "more" and on the 90% as there will be assignments...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
He’s a minimum effort kind of kid right now. So I set him a high target. He’s actually really smart. He’d probably breeze through the math and history classes. So I have those at the top of his List. I plan to add other little rewards for other hurdles that may creep up. Hoping a strong start and being able to say he’s got an equivalent of a year in college done, or something like that, will give him a confidence boost.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(05-20-2022, 02:51 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I used the degree plan that Dragonwolf so kindly shared and swapped as many courses with Sophia as I could find.  My son has free access to Sophia until next March, so cost-wise, Sophia would be our first plan of action to earn credits.  Do you see any other courses I could plug in from Sophia?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I was under the impression that you had to take a statistics course to fulfill one of the math requirements, and then the other one could be College Algebra or above. Am I mistaken? I am creating my kids degree plan, and I want to make sure that I have the correct information.
(05-20-2022, 07:45 PM)Vle045 Wrote: He’s a minimum effort kind of kid right now.  So I set him a high target. He’s actually really smart.  He’d probably breeze through the math and history classes.  So I have those at the top of his List.  I plan to add other little rewards for other hurdles that may creep up.  Hoping a strong start and being able to say he’s got an equivalent of a year in college done, or something like that, will give him a confidence boost.

Do you have an updated plan created that you'd share ?
FYI: The plan in the link above has some but not most of the Sophia.org courses that can transfer into the degree for Excelsior BSLA, my suggestion is adding a few more from Sophia.org by following their newest updated transfer equivalency: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Note: I also noticed it's mainly the Sophia.org/Study.com combo, if you ever wanted to take anything from NCCRS, you have the option of doing so with LawShelf.com, Davar Academy.  If you want a different ACE option, you can try Saylor.org as well.  Variables can change, you can decide if you want to or not go with these changes.

• origamishuttle
(05-20-2022, 03:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Chemistry & Human Biology would count for "arts & sciences". https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Principles of Finance might or might not work. At the very least, it's a low-risk introduction to Principles of Finance before taking it at SDC.

Arts & Sciences includes: Humanities, Social Sciences, History, Natural Sciences, Mathematics. So, you can add Greek Philosophers at least. I'm not sure if you missed anything else, aside from the other math courses.

I would also suggest Intro to Relational Databases and Intro to Web Development. Super easy way to add 6 UL credits. They may not be strictly needed, but your kid might actually enjoy them.

Is intro to Web development and relational databases still UL credit?
lonelySamurai Wrote:Is intro to Web development and relational databases still UL credit?

Unfortunately, No. You missed the boat when it was temporarily offered that way. If you click the link above for Excelsior/Sophia, it lists the courses as electives. If you go into acenet.edu and the national guide, the two courses are lower level (as it was always before). EU corrected their mistake, an intro course usually is just that, a lower level introduction course and isn't upper level.

• lonelySamurai

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,684 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,081 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,367 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,386 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
  Principles of Management CLEP vs Sophia for EU NBM123 9 1,421 09-15-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  sophia learning easiest courses without essays TZEMU36444 19 5,957 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Associates Liberal Arts through JST/CLEP/Sophia AUDACITY4U 8 2,028 10-21-2020, 11:48 AM
  Sophia partnership with Excelsior dfwdegree 2 2,293 09-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  UExcel counts to full fill BSIT? gams007 1 1,284 07-20-2019, 01:06 PM