Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent. study.com course end date - nov 30
Hello, does anyone on the forum know about upcoming courses that have end dates on November 30 2021.

I see that in the ace website that discrete math 108 goes up to Nov 30. Does anyone know of the status after this date?

Thanks
Here's a copy/paste to an email I sent to a mailing list:

You can review the ACE National Guide located here: The ACE National Guide (acenet.edu)
1) Search for Study.com as your course provider and select it
2) Search for the course name, in this case, Finance 303
3) Select the course in question and it'll show you the expiration dates

Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets ACE ID: SDCM-0204 September 1, 2018 to November 30, 2021 Recommended credits: 3

So, the advisor is correct, the course in question expires in a few days.   I would not rush completing the course...
Having said that, you should be fine, I suggest completing the course if possible, if not, complete it AFTER the course renews.
Study.com is usually on top of the course recommendations for credit and either extends them or renews them accordingly.
If the course is extended, generally it's for a few months, if it gets renewed, it's for 3 years.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[quote="bjcheung77" pid='351857' dateline='1638206628']
Here's a copy/paste to an email I sent to a mailing list:

You can review the ACE National Guide located here: The ACE National Guide (acenet.edu)
1) Search for Study.com as your course provider and select it
2) Search for the course name, in this case, Finance 303
3) Select the course in question and it'll show you the expiration dates

Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets ACE ID: SDCM-0204 September 1, 2018 to November 30, 2021 Recommended credits: 3

So, the advisor is correct, the course in question expires in a few days.   I would not rush completing the course...
Having said that, you should be fine, I suggest completing the course if possible, if not, complete it AFTER the course renews.
Study.com is usually on top of the course recommendations for credit and either extends them or renews them accordingly.
If the course is extended, generally it's for a few months, if it gets renewed, it's for 3 years.

You have talked about "after the course renews". Do you know when the renewal will occur?

still says nov 30.
<tick tock tick tock> Flip a coin, heads is a week, tails is two!

Seriously though, no one will know until they get past Black Friday/Cyber Monday holidays and get to work... If the course hasn't been "updated" in a month or two, then in rare instances, I've seen providers courses lose recommendations for credit. Study.com is a better provider that does keep up, so does Sophia/StraighterLine, it's a waiting game I say, patience my FRWEND!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Study.com uses the exam date as the completion date of its courses.  So, if you're able to take the exam today 11/30/2021 (even if you have an assignment still due) then the completion date will be 11/30/2021.  I personally never assume any course, regardless of provider, will be renewed for credit.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(11-30-2021, 12:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Study.com uses the exam date as the completion date of its courses.  So, if you're able to take the exam today 11/30/2021 (even if you have an assignment still due) then the completion date will be 11/30/2021.  I personally never assume any course, regardless of provider, will be renewed for credit.

I'm not sure this is the case.  Have you checked with them to see if this is the policy?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
All these courses expire in 7 hours. 

Math 108: Discrete Mathematics
Hospitality 309: Food & Beverage Service & Operations
Finance 306: Small Business Finance
Health 302: Health Services Policy
Health 305: Healthcare Finance & Budgeting
Finance 304: Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
Health 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement
Computer Science 305: Operating Systems
Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets
Finance 302: International Finance
Computer Science 111: Programming in C
Computer Science 112: Programming in C++
Computer Science 115: Programming in Java
Computer Science 202: Network & System Security
Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems

Study.com is a big company, they should be on top of this.  Saylor and a few others have been known to drop ACE recommendations for some courses. 

Be interesting to see if auto-renew or we get stuck in limbo.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-30-2021, 12:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 12:34 PM)allvia Wrote: Study.com uses the exam date as the completion date of its courses.  So, if you're able to take the exam today 11/30/2021 (even if you have an assignment still due) then the completion date will be 11/30/2021.  I personally never assume any course, regardless of provider, will be renewed for credit.

I'm not sure this is the case.  Have you checked with them to see if this is the policy?

This is what I was told by them, Study.com, when I had an issue with a course. The exam date is what they approved me for when it came to ACE credit.  Granted this was in 2018, it is possible it changed - but I can't think of a practical reason for them to have changed it.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(11-30-2021, 05:13 PM)allvia Wrote: The exam date is what they approved me for when it came to ACE credit.

As I remember, a while ago people were in a hurry to get the Study.com TESU tuition discount before the deadline. 

One person said their completed date was after the exam date.  However, they contacted Study.com and Study.com ended up changing the date to reflect the exam date.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Has anyone contacted study.com about the above 15 courses end dates?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,356 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,466 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM