Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Intro to Sociology CLEP 10/21, tips?
#1
I have been going through all the exams questions here on Instacert and will continue to do so before taking the test. I am scheduled to take the test this Saturday morning 10/21. I do not have any background in Sociology and am pretty much relying on Instacert. I have looked at some stuff on freeuniv.com -- Any tips?? Any special areas to look at? Has anyone taken this exam recently? Was it difficult?
Reply
#2
abilak Wrote:I have been going through all the exams questions here on Instacert and will continue to do so before taking the test. I am scheduled to take the test this Saturday morning 10/21. I do not have any background in Sociology and am pretty much relying on Instacert. I have looked at some stuff on freeuniv.com -- Any tips?? Any special areas to look at? Has anyone taken this exam recently? Was it difficult?
Hi abilak-
This was the first test I took on 3/8/06. I relied solely on InstantCert and I knew everything with the flashcards. I made some notes and also studied those. I scored a 70. Good luck on Saturday and let us know how you did.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Reply
#3
I too only used IC. Got a 63. Easy one to do. Don't sweat it.
-Magic

to do list:
nothing!
THEN I AM FINISHED!
waiting results:
None! I am done!

0 UL credits to get by December!:eek:
Reply
#4
MagicATC Wrote:I too only used IC. Got a 63. Easy one to do. Don't sweat it.

Same score, same method of studying..
[SIZE="5"]Barry[/SIZE]
47 Traditional Credits 75 Non-Traditional with 3.7 GPA
[COLOR="Blue"]BA in Social Sciences from TESC last class ended on 1/13/2007!!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Waiting on grade for SOS440
B in SOC210[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Next up MA of Liberal Studies in Administrative Leadership through the University of Oklahoma!!
Reply
#5
Used only IC and got a 63 too. It's not that difficult, just know all of the IC notes. Good luck! Lee

Is this Trasy by chance???
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Reply
#6
Thanks for the info everyone. I will surely post my score.
The next test I am taking is College Mathmatics... In about 2-3 weeks.. I want to give myself time to prepare.
Reply
#7
Passed with a 63.. there was a LOT of stuff on the exam that IC didn't cover.. but I just did my best to week out the impossible answers. Good deal, College Math is next.. I plan to take it in 2-3 weeks.
Reply
#8
Congratulations!
Reply
#9
Cogratulations on the pass! What a great feeling it is.

I took College Math this Sept. Besides IC I used the Comex Systems review. I liked it because it started out with basics and built upon each concept. There were lots of practice problems. I also used Peterson's practice tests (which were way harder than the actual CLEP).
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]
Reply
#10
abilak Wrote:Passed with a 63.. there was a LOT of stuff on the exam that IC didn't cover.. but I just did my best to week out the impossible answers. Good deal, College Math is next.. I plan to take it in 2-3 weeks.

What's with all these scores of 63? Is it a coincidence, or have you guys all been cheating off each other? Ha ha!
hilarious

Congratulations Abilak,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 686 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 5,235 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 44,881 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 2,120 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 10,724 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 1,927 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 4,106 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 1,561 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 4,447 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 3,550 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)